Author Topic: 2012 Campaign Support Thread  (Read 736 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
2012 Campaign Support Thread
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
I'll start this.  I typically (I think we all do) support candidates and not the GOP with our financial contributions. 

Outside of the POTUS race I only know I am going to be cutting checks to Bachmann & Cravaack in MN for the House and after that I am looking at the tossups per RCP   ::)  West (FL 18) & King (IA 4th - Must defeat Vilsacks on sight!).  For their Leans Left   ::)  I need more info on Bass (NH2), Buerkle (NY24) & Tarkanian (NV4).  They also have Love (UT4) only close in one poll   ::)  and I don't know why Koster (WA1 up a lot) & Doherty (RI1 up a lot) are leaning Left?  For the Leans Right I didn't note anything indicating close races as yet.

For Senate Cruz appears to be cruising, Flake in AZ seems ot be doing OK and Rehberg in MT looks like he might be worth backing.  The rest I need more info/guidance on - Heller (NV), Berg (ND) &  Mourdock (IN).  Others leave me confused/wanting/shrug - Thompson (WI) is running against the loser Baldwin, why is Mack (FL) looking weak, Mandel (OH) should be doing better in a battleground state, McMhaon (CT) Ugh!, Lingle (HI) seems to not be doing well, Allen (VA) Macaca Pt Deux.

My state - Klobuchar appears to be dominating Bills.   ::puke::  That's what we get for letting PaulBots control the delegates!   ::mooning::

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/2012_elections_senate_map.html

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: 2012 Campaign Support Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
RCP now3 has the bumbling idiot Akin only 2.3% behind the stupendously useless McCaskill and they have MO listed as a toss up.  Perhaps the lesser of two fools has a chance after all.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/mo/missouri_senate_akin_vs_mccaskill-2079.html

And maybe this revelation can have an impact -

http://www.abc3340.com/story/19775138/feds-paid-40m-to-firms-tied-to-mccaskills-spouse

Nepotism of this level rarely endears support in hotly contested races.

And perhaps the OH race (and others) can swing too if Romney has coattails...

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
In Illinois Rep Joe Walsh is running against Tammy Duckworth (who worked for BO's administration).  I know someone (paid) working for his campaign.  It's leaning dem.  He has made no friends in D.C. among the GOP.  He won last time without any GOP cash--he was not expected to win.  The Chicago Tribune has tried to smear him more than once.  Of the original group that swept in 2010 on the Tea Party ideas he's one of the few who's held firm in his votes.  He has a tell-it-like-it-is style that some don't like.  I wish I had someone like him to vote for. He was redistricted out of his district (I'm sure much to the delight of the GOP). I always get a kick out of seeing him when he shows up on FOX or some other tv/radio show.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »
Yeah, I remember him, and that Duckworth (  :P  ), yuck!  IL8th, RCP has the libiot up and they label it likely Dem, well, we'll see, RCP often gets these wrong.  Maybe if I have a few sheckels left after my final stretch run contributions I'll kick a little his way.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »
Walsh/Duckworth race tightening.

link

I like how she mentions pac money flowing in as if something underhanded is happening...I hope there's pac money for Walsh!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
"...could be a closer race than previously forecast."

It often is.

Pedal to the metal!