Author Topic: Leftist paper "The Guardian" in financial trouble, wants to tax broadband  (Read 969 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
H/T: Small Dead Animals

The nauseatingly left wing rag from Britain, The Guardian, is apparently experiencing financial trouble just like most of the old dinosaur media. Their executive editor has, with a straight face, suggested that the government should impose a £2-per-month tax on broadband Internet connections, with the proceeds being given to the newspapers.

The laugh riot climaxes with this:

"When the day comes that the newspapers are forced to stop printing altogether," he writes,

"...it will be a disaster for democracy."   ::smallestviolin::

SDA wryly observes:

Yes. If only there was some way to almost instantaneously transmit images, sound, and text electronically, through either airwaves or cables, instead of having to wait until tomorrow to read today's news.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Leftist paper "The Guardian" in financial trouble, wants to tax broadband
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »
democracy will breathe a sigh of relief when newspaper such as this cease...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Leftist paper "The Guardian" in financial trouble, wants to tax broadband
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
I've been wating for rags like the RedStar et al to die a natural death for some time, I still have not purchased a paper since my tiff with a RedStar editor years ago who selectively editied one of my submissions.  The sooner all those liberal rags die the better.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.