Author Topic: Chuckie Schummer going after gunowners again  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Chuckie Schummer going after gunowners again
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

f**k Chuck and his demonic band of gun-grabbing anti-2nd Amendment trash!

::angry::   ::cussing::   ::mooning::   ::gaah::   ::doublebird::   ::viking::   ::vafancoul::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Chuckie Schummer going after gunowners again
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:07:51 PM »
The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

... “Maybe we could come together on guns if each side gave some,” Schumer said.

He suggested that Democrats make it clear that their goal is not to repeal the Second Amendment.

“The basic complaint is that the Chuck Schumers of the world want to take away your guns,” Schumer said of the argument made by gun lobbies. “I think it would be smart for those of us who want rational gun control to make it know that that’s not true at all.”

Schumer also pointed out that it would be reasonable for the right to recognize that background checks on those buying guns is necessary — as called for in the Brady law. He also said average Americans don’t need an assault weapon to go hunting or protect themselves.

There already ARE backgrounds checks done on gunbuyers!  He wants to accumulate and store that information!

“We can debate where to draw the line of reasonableness, but we might be able to come to an agreement in the middle,” Schumer said. “Maybe, maybe, maybe we can pass some laws that might, might, might stop some of the unnecessary casualties … maybe there’s a way we can some together and try to break through the log jam and make sure the country is a better place.”

Next week the Senate is expected to debate and vote on proposed amendments to the cybersecurity bill.

I'm sick and done with hearing "reasonable" from this and every other POS!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
I feeeel it is perfectly reeeasonable to wrap my hands around the throat of these jackasses and sqweeeeaze!

Offline robins111

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:31 PM »
We just went through the same thing up here in Canada, with a premier (Governor) trying to slide this kinda sh*t through.  He ended up with egg on his face, because he thought he had the voters backing..  nope.. he didn't.  Ours wasn't a mall shooting.  It was a Jamaican neighborhood, Bar-b-que spray shooting..

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 11:30:56 AM »
He also said average Americans don’t need an assault weapon to go hunting or protect themselves.

We do if we are protecting ourselves from the government.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »
He also said average Americans don’t need an assault weapon to go hunting or protect themselves.

We do if we are protecting ourselves from the government.

That's what he is affraid of, and he ought to be.  Unfortunately for him and his ilk the Founders gave us both the right to bear arms and the duty to reform our government by force if need be if it so deviates from the Liberty and Freedom we were granted by God!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »
It's always we who need to "give a little" and "compromise".  When do those assholes ever compromise on anything?  Their idea of compromise is that they're not demanding outright repeal, not yet.

We have a broken society. It cannot last. There are no longer enough threads of commonality to say we have a real country in any meaningful sense. I'm not living under the system people like Schumer would impose on everyone. Especially not when you consider the fact that the Constitution, the contract the governs the relationship between the people, the states, and the federal government formed by those states, is already clear on the matter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »
the contract the governs the relationship between the people, the states, and the federal government formed by those states, is already clear on the matter.

Leftist : "Contract? What Contract? "
Me: "Thats right. You broke the social contract, and have announced you intention to never obey it. If you didn't want a civil war, you shouldn't have voted to start one. The societal contract between us to form a government is dissolved. In the absence of any legitimate authority, we now exist in the classic state of nature, and, as such,  I now declare Zombie Hunting Season !  "

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »
the contract the governs the relationship between the people, the states, and the federal government formed by those states, is already clear on the matter.

Leftist : "Contract? What Contract? "
Me: "Thats right. You broke the social contract, and have announced you intention to never obey it. If you didn't want a civil war, you shouldn't have voted to start one. The societal contract between us to form a government is dissolved. In the absence of any legitimate authority, we now exist in the classic state of nature, and, as such,  I now declare Zombie Hunting Season !  "

Nononononono!  NO!  There is no social contract!  It' a Constitutional contract, period.  Never, ever, give in to one of their stinkin' false premises.

Other than that, I'm good widdit.

WAR.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
I think it would behoove people on the right side of the 2A struggle to take one main point re; "assault weapons" and drive it home.

As is so often pointed out, there are few semi-auto hunting or sport-shooting rifles that cannot do exactly as much if not more damage than "assault rifles".

This fact is always in the debate as a counterpoint, but someone should fund an ad/PSA campaign that directly asserts that our hunting and sport rifles are as much in the Leftist crosshairs as the scary black guns, because there is little practical difference between the two.

Dad's 30.06 will kill a man the same as your AR-15.

So my point is, why waste the breath explaining that fact? Why not just go right for the throat of the matter, and make the Leftists explain why a rifle with higher firepower is less dangerous and less in their crosshairs than the so called assault weapons?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 05:47:39 PM »
Yeah, skip the BS, force the issue, nothing is gained by compromising our rights.  If it's war they want give it to them.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
I think it would behoove people on the right side of the 2A struggle to take one main point re; "assault weapons" and drive it home.

AbsoLUTEly!

As is so often pointed out, there are few semi-auto hunting or sport-shooting rifles that cannot do exactly as much if not more damage than "assault rifles".

This fact is always in the debate as a counterpoint, but someone should fund an ad/PSA campaign that directly asserts that our hunting and sport rifles are as much in the Leftist crosshairs as the scary black guns, because there is little practical difference between the two.

Dad's 30.06 will kill a man the same as your AR-15.

So my point is, why waste the breath explaining that fact? Why not just go right for the throat of the matter, and make the Leftists explain why a rifle with higher firepower is less dangerous and less in their crosshairs than the so called assault weapons?

The 30.06 that we have is an FN-49 ...

... not your average "scary" looking gun, but anyone with any sense knows he's outgunned if what he's shooting is a "scary looking black assault rifle" loaded with .22s.

On second thought, maybe we shouldn't tell 'em.  Their stupidity is one of our tactical assets.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »
I do love those classic battle rifles with wood stocks. I really want to get a Springfield M1A, the commercial version of the M-14.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
I do love those classic battle rifles with wood stocks. I really want to get a Springfield M1A, the commercial version of the M-14.

::thumbsup::

Me too.  It's just I have so much on my wish list...   ::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
Ammo, ammo, ammo, ammo, ammo .........

Gunsmith wants ARs now, since the gummint buying so much compatible ammo.  Okay, I say; the more the merrier.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
Yeah, I have about 5k in various flavors for what I have now, I have an AR high on the list the next month or so and that means getting as much as possible of that flavor.