Author Topic: First Secession  (Read 892 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
First Secession
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:53:53 PM »
The Lakota announce they are done and invite others join the tribe.

We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,” long-time Native American radical leader Russell Means said. The move potentially impacts the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

They have declared  independance before. However, for those who aren't paying attention,  the Lakota have also started their own bullion based  bank and particpate in ACOS

For many years, the Lakota People have suffered at the hands of our colonial oppressors. What has transpired is in the past and can not be undone. We know it is impossible to go back to our traditional Lakota way of life. In 2008, instead of continuing as the white man’s welfare servants, the Black Hills Treaty Council authorized the Strong Heart Warrior Society to engage a team of experts to launch the Free Lakota Bank and issue our own sovereign currency, minted in partnership with the American Open Currency Standard. Instead of asking for donations and hand-outs, the Lakota people took ownership of our future by exercising our rights as sovereigns and launching a precious metals bank that has since spawned a revolution in the banking industry.

The Free & Independent Lakota Nation is growing at an exceptional rate, thanks in part to our vast natural resources and sovereign business foundation. We welcome you to be a part of our success while you help yourself at the same time. We do not need charity; instead, we seek partnerships with entrepreneurs that would like to enter into profitable business relationships with our Economic Development Council. The Lakota Nation invites you to bring production to our lands to partner with us and create jobs and profitable exports.

So there is the usual stuff about "white oppressors" but then again, if you look what Dem programs do to the Indian Tribes and our history, yeah, I get it. That didn't stop them from inviting the States around them to join them, and it looks like the goal is a free nation with the rule of law.  Obama will probably ignore it. Until SD or WY decide that they will join. (WY is used as a resource colony ofthe Fed. Every year they fight some sort of Fed  land grab. It will not surpise me if this is at least taken up within the State govt. )

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: First Secession
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
I'll believe it the first time they turn down largess from Uncle Sugar  :o

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
Wampum talks and bullsh*t walks.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
I'll believe it when they turn their reservation into Hong Kong.

But just imagine...  ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
And then the Commies here grab it...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »
I'll believe it when they turn their reservation into Hong Kong.

But just imagine...  ::thinking::

Maybe not Hong Kong, but they've got the "Las Vegas for people who can't afford Las Vegas" thing all sewn up.

Where else can you go to see "Live: Vicki Lawrence and "Mama", together for one spectacular evening of entertainment!"
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
I meant imagine a reservation that aspired to be a little more than gambling/cigarette meccas.  Imagine one that courted corporate headquarters, with low corporate taxes as part of their nation.  Forget Sioux Falls commercials, imagine...

Move your company to Pine Ridge, SD, where you'll enjoy a 10% corporate tax rate along with zero personal income taxes in South Dakota.

Why not?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »
I meant imagine a reservation that aspired to be a little more than gambling/cigarette meccas.  Imagine one that courted corporate headquarters, with low corporate taxes as part of their nation.  Forget Sioux Falls commercials, imagine...

Move your company to Pine Ridge, SD, where you'll enjoy a 10% corporate tax rate along with zero personal income taxes in South Dakota.

Why not?

The tribes have been very ambitious and astute in amassing wealth and political influence by creatively using their sovereignty and their historic grievances as leverage.

Why not indeed? I would suspect that there would be a short economic boom followed by an attempted clamp-down by the federal government. Then the tribes would muscle the states in which they reside to take sides, with political threats as leverage. Perhaps just the kind of showdown we need.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »

Why not?

The tribes have been very ambitious and astute in amassing wealth and political influence by creatively using their sovereignty and their historic grievances as leverage.

Why not indeed? I would suspect that there would be a short economic boom followed by an attempted clamp-down by the federal government. Then the tribes would muscle the states in which they reside to take sides, with political threats as leverage. Perhaps just the kind of showdown we need.

Definite yes on the first, not so confident of the latter...Fed's would no doubt cut the flow of all Fed sugar hitting the state...same problem we've always had...too many in both parties willing to cede authority to the Fed's in return for funds...

The more things change the more they stay the same...

::gaah::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »

Definite yes on the first, not so confident of the latter...Fed's would no doubt cut the flow of all Fed sugar hitting the state...same problem we've always had...too many in both parties willing to cede authority to the Fed's in return for funds...

The Fed sugar is counterfeit. Almost 50% of every Federal Dollar comes from borrowing, not from revenue. As a result, the Fed Sugar may not be tasting so sweet in a few years. You might as well issue your own currency and play the Fed Reserve Game locally.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »

The Fed sugar is counterfeit. Almost 50% of every Federal Dollar comes from borrowing, not from revenue. As a result, the Fed Sugar may not be tasting so sweet in a few years. You might as well issue your own currency and play the Fed Reserve Game locally.

Cut out the middleman? Sweet!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
Government hates that kind of competition, they stomp it out aggressively.  But it will be interesting when the wheels come off how well the hammer works for them when they are outnumbered.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
Everything comes full circle.....Soon we will be able to trade trinkets and beads again as soon as they are more valuable than the dollar.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 07:14:40 AM »
Based upon recent performance that day is awfully close...