Author Topic: My County's "Not Employed" Rate Makes Drudge  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Evangeline

• Newb
My County's "Not Employed" Rate Makes Drudge
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »
Thanks, Obama.

LINK

According to the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act, the Colorado Labor Department is required to certify counties where the “Not Employed Rate” surpasses 19.5%.

The “Not Employed Rate” is defined as “the percentage of individuals over the age of 18 who reside within the community and who are ready, willing and able to be employed but are unable to find employment as determined by the State Department of Labor.”

Ranking highest was Costilla County at 23.56 percent. The list runs from larger counties like Pueblo (20.09%), Montrose (20.62%) and Fremont (19.66%) to smaller populations like Huerfano (21.78%), Archuleta (19.97%) and Dolores (19.85%).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: My County's "Not Employed" Rate Makes Drudge
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:30:29 AM »
Yah, thanks Obama.

High score numbers usually win ... something.  So, what do ya win?   ::saywhat::

Nothing, actually; worse.  But Obongo wins -- "fundamental transformation".  ::doublebird::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Evangeline

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »
I wonder what other Colorado news Drudge will post before the Denver debate?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »
Are you planning to watch?  I don't know if I can stand to -- the cringe-factor.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:52:31 AM »
Are you planning to watch?  I don't know if I can stand to -- the cringe-factor.

I can't. I can't bear to watch. At least that's how I've been feeling lately.

A thing that has been nagging at me leading up to this is remembering that during the primary debates, Romney wasn't very good. He was careful, but he wasn't very good at that either. And the other candidates figured out how to push his buttons several times, and he lost his cool, and that wasn't very good either.

Our best hope is that Obama off the teleprompter will falter and stumble. Hillary arguably won the debates against him, and in the end, he won the ground game. If Romney can win the debates, and the ground game, I don't think the national will is there to send Obama back for a 2nd term.

::gaah::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »

I can't. I can't bear to watch. At least that's how I've been feeling lately.

A thing that has been nagging at me leading up to this is remembering that during the primary debates, Romney wasn't very good. He was careful, but he wasn't very good at that either. And the other candidates figured out how to push his buttons several times, and he lost his cool, and that wasn't very good either.

Our best hope is that Obama off the teleprompter will falter and stumble. Hillary arguably won the debates against him, and in the end, he won the ground game. If Romney can win the debates, and the ground game, I don't think the national will is there to send Obama back for a 2nd term.

::gaah::

That's exactly it for me, too.  And then there will be "pundits" from both sides of the aisle critiquing and picking apart the "performances" ----  aaaiiiieeeee!  I'd like to just hide from it as NOTHING is going to prevent me from voting for Romney.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
Yeah, cringe factor on steriods.  Ever since I heard the Romney team agreed to do the same dog shows with the same libiot hacks under the same libiot rules I had a feeling I would tune it out and deal with it on the backside.  Hearing and seeing Duh Wun lie and distort his ass off would likely cause every TV in my house to suffer fatal technical issues.

As for that unemployment rate in CO Evangeline, don't worry, Duh Wun will merely remove more people from the official rate, viola!  No more hideous unemployment rate!  That's hopey/changey illustrated right there.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 11:21:12 AM »
I guess another comfort (grasping for comforts here) is the reality of WHO Mitt Romney is. He didn't get where he got because he is an idiot. He's smart, cordial, mature, morally upright (AFAWK), hard-working, ambitious, goal-oriented, disciplined, and strategically-minded.

He seems to have an uncanny ability to stay focused on the big picture and results. He doesn't get too distracted, and him "losing his cool" is nothing compared to Obama losing his cool.

We'll see. Maybe Mittster is not as concerned as we are.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »
Of course, you know the articles declaring Obama the debate winner were written weeks ago. Only the details are waiting to be filled in.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »

I don't know what y'all are concerned about - I see this as a "Heads I win - tails you lose" moment here.

If Romney wins I get to go back to my life - such as it is. If Øbozo wins I get to try out all of my new "investments"

I can't lose!

::rockets::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »
Okay, so HRC won the debates and BO won the ground game. That was four years ago. Things are markedly different but BO remains the same...a SCOAMF.

If Romney can't mop the floor with him on all things economic I will be stunned.

And the foreign policy president hasn't been doing too well lately. The truth is he isn't a "foreign policy president." He has less experience in anything than anyone he stands next to.

BO is an idiot. We have had the executive branch run by an idiot for the last three plus years. That's obvious to anyone who looks.

Last time around the Democrats ran an idiot without a record. Now they are still running an idiot but now the idiot has a record.

The contrast between a competent manager, a competent manager with a record of competence versus an idiot with the record of an idiot could not be more stark.

What's been missing from this year's campaign?

The contrast.

These two have not been compared and contrasted by the people whose job it is to do so...the media. The media knows that BO cannot stand to be compared and contrasted with his opponent so they have neglected to do so. The debates afford no such cover.

For the first time BO will have to stand (literally) next to Romney and he will be compared.

And there is no comparison. There is, however, a staggering contrast.

Idiot.

Competent manager.

I welcome the debates. I look forward to them.

Did any of you see the debate between Scott Brown and Professor High Cheekbones?

Harry Reid actually thought that Scott Brown was afraid to face her in a debate...that she was going to tear him apart. That did not happen. The exact opposite happened. Reid would have done Warren a favor if he could have somehow managed to prevent Brown from making the appearance.

It's no different with Romney. He is not facing an intellectual equal. The challenge for Romney in the debates is to not look condescending when he faces the idiot. That was sort of the problem that Scott Brown faced in his debate with Warren...to beat the crap out of her without coming off as a bully. By all accounts he threaded that needle perfectly. That's Romney's challenge...to look confident and competent, to show the SCOAMF up for the idiot he is without looking condescending. That's actually a rather difficult challenge because of the media bias but it's a heck of a lot easier challenge than facing an incumbent president with real and substantive accomplishments rather than an uninterrupted string of failures.

Again...I look forward to the debates. I think they will be enlightening to people other than me. I think that for those who receive their information from the MFM exclusively it could be quite eye-opening. They will be presented with a contrast. Perhaps their first one in over four years.

So, buck up, campers. The debates should be good for our side.

AFTERWORD: The Democrats have been for the last several days trying to downplay BO's upcoming debate performance going so far as to pre-declare Romney the winner. Two schools of thought: One is the "under promise and over deliver" style of job performance. I don't think that's it. The SCOAMF is nothing if not an over-promiser, especially when it comes to his own stuff. He is a legend in his own mind. No, I don't think that's it. I think instead what we are seeing is a genuine attempt at sandbagging the media criticism before it can start. BO is lazy. That's a pretty accurate assessment of his "management" style. He has little to no personal or professional discipline and it's evident in everything he touches. This is because he has been given things he has not earned all of his life. He works for almost nothing and unlike most people he is rewarded for his sloth. Trust me on this: He hasn't prepared properly for a debate. Even if he had prepared, his record of achievement is almost non-existent. But he hasn't prepared the way that he should have. That's probably why HRC did so well against him last time around. But, as usual, it didn't matter because he has always gotten what he has not earned. But not this time. As I said above, this time he has a record and it's worse than merely bad. The debate is going to be a stutter-fest.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:40:41 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
.......and him "losing his cool" is nothing compared to Obama losing his cool.

I'd actually watch the debates if I knew the SCoaMF would lose his cool. ::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »
.......and him "losing his cool" is nothing compared to Obama losing his cool.

I'd actually watch the debates if I knew the SCoaMF would lose his cool. ::whoohoo::

I'd actually watch the debates if I knew the SCoaMF would lose his ______.   ::evil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.