Author Topic: Debate Part Uno  (Read 8722 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Debate Part Uno
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »

Romney won the debate, hands down. I don’t agree with all that Romney said, but he was in control, moved easily through the issues, scored a number of points, and was unruffled throughout.

Obama was predictable, became increasingly irritated, and by the end of the debate looked tired and defeated. – Mark Levin

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »
The Luntz focus group was interesting. Well, actually I can't say that. It was, for me, unsurprising.

Half of them had voted for BO last time. Almost none of the ones who said they voted for BO said that they would vote for him again.

I don't find this surprising.

I have said all along that a LOT of people are looking for ANY reason at all to vote for Romney or against BO.

This election is a referendum. And it's a choice.

No one wants four more years of this sh*t. No one except a very small percentage of brainwashed idiots who are thrilled with their ObamaPhones. No one except the public employee union stooges.

That's the referendum.

The choice is between a competent business manager and a bumbling fool who is the ultimate beneficiary of affirmative action.

The undecided voters (a significant portion of whom were probably watching this event) were looking for ANY excuse whatsoever to vote for Romney and against BO. Tonight they got it.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »
Body language: BO looking down. Looked like he was being taken to task. Scolded. Upset at being schooled.

They can spin it and they will but the subconscious mind locks in these things and stubbornly refuses to let them go.

Plus four years of fail.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:09 PM »
I AM looking forward to the MSNBC post debate clips on youtube. I totally missed Chris Matthews initial meltdown.

Should be very, very satisfying.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
I could not watch it either. I was afraid my BP would spike so high I'd have a nose bleed. But I kept getting text messages about Romney schooling the Boy King, so maybe I will watch it now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »
I could not watch it either. I was afraid my BP would spike so high I'd have a nose bleed. But I kept getting text messages about Romney schooling the Boy King, so maybe I will watch it now.

Lehrer was the best of those chosen as moderators.  Next time will be tougher.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 11:07:13 PM »

Barber Romney showed up tonight.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:13:32 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 11:14:05 PM »

Great, my computer finds Mediaite difficult to digest.

10.31 pm. Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.

_ _ Andrew Sullivan

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »
Remember that everyone was pushing the notion that BO is a weak debater and Romney was a debate wizard so that means that BO actually won just by having the guts to show up.

Who knew?

This will be an argument made tomorrow morning. Have no doubt.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »
Oh for sure. They've spent the past week lowering expectations for BO and raising them for Romney. But from the way it sounds, that isn't going to be enough to change the perception that Romney actually won and BO actually lost.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »
Another thought: John Kerry will take the fall for this performance. It's the pattern. It will repeat because it has to. It cannot be BO's fault. Nothing ever is.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »
Yeah I would even expect some snarky comments about it being a bad idea to take debate coaching from a failed candidate.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »
Or, in this case, a corpse.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 12:32:31 AM »
Kos tries (and fails) to put a brave face on the situation.

If debate victories led to electoral victories, we never would've had President George W. Bush. And we would've had a President Hillary Clinton. There was no gaffe that Republicans and the media can point to, no defining "moment" that will recast the race. What happened is that Romney looked livelier and more aggressive while Obama looked listless and disconnected. It certainly created a bad night for our side, but nothing lasting.

Comments there are pathetic and funny: "Well, Reagan lost to Mondale in the first debate..."

The Politico has a wrap up of very, very upset leftists.

Carville: "Mitt Romney came with a chainsaw."

Sucks when your man crush gets crushed:

Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.

Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn't there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.

The person with authority on that stage was Romney - offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It's beyond depressing. But it's true.

There are two more debates left. I have experienced many times the feeling that Obama just isn't in it, that he's on the ropes and not fighting back, and then he pulls it out. He got a little better over time tonight. But he pulled every punch. Maybe the next two will undo some of the damage. But I have to say I think it was extensive.

LINK

Not very happy out there in liberal land tonight. No they are not.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:25:07 AM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 01:11:14 AM »
LINK

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I thought Romney won and Romney won big, he won by two touchdowns. You know, when a challenger just steps up on the stage that already gives him stature. But when he performs the way Romney did, I think it really changes things. It doesn't change the game, but it changes the momentum.

The Romney campaign has had a terrible month, to the extent that people are saying, 'You know, who is this guy? He seems like a sap.' All of the sudden this Romney shows up and he is knowledgable, he is confident and he's got nerve. He never backed down on any of the Obama attacks. In fact, every time Obama got hurled a particular item, he came back with a three-point answer, not a one-point answer, but a three.

So I think he just didn't hold his own, he showed himself to be the equal of the President. And in fact, if you counted it on points, the way you would of a fight, you'd say he won by far the majority of the rounds. And I think for him [what] that does is give him stature that he doesn't have and it changes the narrative of the campaign that is so clueless, going nowhere, making mistake after mistake to one in which people stop and say, 'Is that the guy?' and this is the first time they are actually seeing him unfiltered. That's not the guy that we thought we saw and we heard about and we read about, he's different from that.

And with Obama, I thought he had a very weak night. It looked as if he were sitting on the lead. I can guarantee you that if he'd been behind in the polls, he would have hammered at the 47%, the video that really damaged Romney. It didn't come up at all and that's somebody who thinks all you have to do is get up, play out the 90 minutes, hold the ball and win. But he didn't, he lost. But again, it's not going to change the election, but I think it does stop the Romney slide.

It's not just that it energizes his base, I think what's important here is that people who have heard millions of dollars worth of ads about Romney, that he's the Gordon Gekko of our time, that he wants to inflict the pain on the middle class, look at this guy and say, 'He's got no horns. He's a guy that has ideas, some of them perhaps are wrong. But he's got some concern for the country, he's got ideas and he knows his stuff.' So I think it helps to wipe away a lot of that advantage that Obama's had from this huge amount of advertisement that you've seen in the swing states and I think that we might begin to see some slight narrowing. Perhaps a point or two, but that's all you need to change the direction of an election with a month to go.

I like my analysis better.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 01:45:14 AM »
The veep debate is next week (October 11) and the topics covered will be both foreign and domestic policy.

The same topics will be covered on October 16 at the next face off between Romney and BO.

The final debate, October 22nd, will be foreign policy only.

I don't see how this gets better for BO.

Unless he starts another war or something as a distraction.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 04:34:31 AM »
Think America finally realized the Boy-Emperor has no clothes?

Bottom line: Liberalism is a failed ideology that must be supported by lies and distortions. IT's always just a matter of time before this is realized.

Disclosure: Did not, could not watch debate. But I guaran-damn-tee ya one thing: I'm watching every blessed minute of the Paul Ryan/Uncle SloJoe debate. I'm thinking it will be a two bottle two buck Chuck nite!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.