Author Topic: Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods: Fodder for Obama's Libya Lie  (Read 1058 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods: Fodder for Obama's Libya Lie
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »
If you don't hate the sonofabitch Marxist enough already...

Boldly Into The Breach
Will the real life story of incredible bravery, and the extreme courage of warriors Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods be lost just because of Machiavellian politics?

President Obama implied, quite intentionally, in his Weekly Address that Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods were part of Ambassador Christopher Steven’s security detail:

[blockquote]“Glen and Tyrone had each served America as Navy SEALs for many years, before continuing their service providing security for our diplomats in Libya. They died as they lived their lives — defending their fellow Americans, and advancing the values that all of us hold dear.

-President Obama (Weekly address)[/blockquote]

Sounds good, the only problem is this statement is a total fabrication.   Yes, they were both former Navy Seals, but neither Tyrone nor Glen were part of the Ambassadors official security detail.

No.  The truth is: they heard the attack, they heard the gunfire, and despite the danger to themselves they rushed into the breach taking weapons from the frightened Libyan security officials to help protect the American Consulate, Ambassador Stevens and his embassy aide Sean Smith.

Both Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were under no obligation to assist, protect or defend Stevens.   They could have bugged out, they didn’t…..  They ran into the breach.   It was, and is, an important enough distinction such that two U.S. officials quickly wanted to tell the truth...

...more at link...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods: Fodder for Obama's Libya Lie
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
"According to what scant actual information is available the former seal team members, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, appear to have been in Libya because they were contracted by another intelligence office, probably the CIA, to track down the missing surface-to-air missiles from the initial rebel uprising.

During the Gadaffi overthrow massive stockpiles of Libyan weapons including MANPADS and other surface to air missiles were looted from the military storage facilities.  Estimates put the number of missing missiles around 20,000.

It appears Doherty and Woods were in Libya to track down those weapons."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"