Author Topic: Simon's Cat  (Read 1165 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Simon's Cat
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »
Ignore the stupid anti-Romney ad.

Simon's Cat 'Cat Man Do'

The following is Gunsmith's life with Hobbes .....

Simon's Cat 'TV Dinner'

http://www.simonscat.com/Films/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Simon's Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
Yep. "My" cat even looks like him.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »
LOL.  Yah, "your" cat, the one that owns you.  We know how that goes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
'Zack right.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »
'Zack right.

Did you get a new cat?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
No.  Why do you ask?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
No.  Why do you ask?

Well I see these cat vids posted by you and you bring up Gunsmith and the cat so I figured you either had a new one or you're getting close to a new one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
No.  Why do you ask?

Well I see these cat vids posted by you and you bring up Gunsmith and the cat so I figured you either had a new one or you're getting close to a new one.

Oh, hell no.  Bite yer tongue.

Did you watch those two vids?  That's exactly how it is living with a cat.  I loved both and love the remaining one, as does Gunsmith, but after he goes to his final reward, I'm done.  Maybe not forever, but at least until I forget Belfry waking me up by biting my hair, his chewing my iPod cord at every opportunity, Hobbes hawking the door for his main chance to run the hell out thereby giving me a heart attack, and the having to clean the damn litterboxes.  Maybe.

And once I saw the website of people hanging signs around their dogs' necks proclaiming their sins, most of which consist of poop eating -- their own and the cats' -- thaaat's not happenin' either.

Pets are perpetual two year olds who never grow up and leave for college.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:30:39 PM »
Damn, I must have a good cat, he pulls any of that stuff and all nine lives might expire at once.  He might walk past me in the dark of night and give my face a sniff on his way to the bedroom window but that's about it.  He either camps out at the foot of the bed (sometimes between my feet) or he is elsewhere.  Before I get up I can hear him running about downstairs but that doesn't bother me.  And he has not tore up anything since being a kitten.  Once I took his berries and front claws away he settled down a bit.  Now middle-aged he's fairly mellow with only occassional bursts of manic behavior.  He still is curious and has to investigate everything and a normally closed door being opened means its time for him to snoop and he'll come to me only when he wants to curl in my lap, if I have to grab him for any reason (going to the Vet (which is sheer hell) or giving medicine etc I have to ambush him, else he'll bolt.  Being primarily a dog person it has been a learning experience owning a cat, but he's got plenty of character and is fun to tease with the laser pointer.  And what he dreams about (probably taking me down!) I dunno, but from his grunts and twitches and spasms he's having a blast.  I swear he sleeps 22 hours a day and he lives the life of Riley.  Sometimes I wonder who owns this house...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

That's it - he isn't even my cat - I'm just the janitorial staff who feeds and cleans up after him.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
Damn, I must have a good cat, he pulls any of that stuff and all nine lives might expire at once.  He might walk past me in the dark of night and give my face a sniff on his way to the bedroom window but that's about it.  He either camps out at the foot of the bed (sometimes between my feet) or he is elsewhere.  Before I get up I can hear him running about downstairs but that doesn't bother me.  And he has not tore up anything since being a kitten.  Once I took his berries and front claws away he settled down a bit.  Now middle-aged he's fairly mellow with only occassional bursts of manic behavior.  He still is curious and has to investigate everything and a normally closed door being opened means its time for him to snoop and he'll come to me only when he wants to curl in my lap, if I have to grab him for any reason (going to the Vet (which is sheer hell) or giving medicine etc I have to ambush him, else he'll bolt.  Being primarily a dog person it has been a learning experience owning a cat, but he's got plenty of character and is fun to tease with the laser pointer.  And what he dreams about (probably taking me down!) I dunno, but from his grunts and twitches and spasms he's having a blast.  I swear he sleeps 22 hours a day and he lives the life of Riley.  Sometimes I wonder who owns this house...

Sounds like you have a good one, the typical, independent, "just feed me and we'll be fine" sort.  (Hat tip on getting him in the carrier for the vet visit:  once you catch him, put him in butt first.)

I don't know your particulars, but all of our house kitties came to us as kittens, and the older they got, the needier they get.  They turn into very selfish, persistent, clingy dogs.

eta:  Dogs without the slightest inclination to follow the simplest of commands.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:23:32 PM by Pandora »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
Still one of my favorite cat videos. It's more like wishful thinking...

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.