Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Micro-stamping Firing Pins. The Lunacy Continues

(1/2) > >>

Weisshaupt:
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/06/gun-microstamping-could-close-american-factories/

I don't need to comment further, cause this covers the bases on why this is such a stupid idea.
When will liberals get it it that criminals  don't follow laws?

charlesoakwood:

There's no place like home.
Home is where the heart is.
Nice homilies butt:

These guys, Remington, S&W, Colt etc. persist in regions
of the country that, per politics, want them dead. Hey
fellas, take a hint from Ruger and move some place that
loves you.

Glock32:
Yeah it is ironic that the heart of classic American firearms is in Massachusetts and Connecticut. "Yankee ingenuity" has been replaced with Soviet collectivism, witness one Elizabeth Warren. I mean why is the whole Great Lakes and New England region called the Rust Belt? Because it's rusting away. Rust from the decrepit, stultifying weight of big government. It's so unnecessary.

Remington does have a presence in NC, but I don't know if they do any manufacturing here or not. I'm sure it was no accident that Glock selected Georgia for their US headquarters.

Sectionhand:
G. Gordon Liddy's solution ... a very fine file !  Problem solved . Gun controllers can be SO stupid .

Glock32:
Yes, even an emory board would probably impart enough changes to the metal to render these things inconclusive at best. But, reality of outcome is never what these things are about. It's the imperative to Do SomethingTM that matters.

They also have apparently failed to clue in on the fact that most criminal uses of firearms involve stolen or otherwise illicitly obtained firearms, so any microstamping would be useless as a means of tracking down perpetrators. They could use it to prove a link between spent cases at a crime scene and a firearm found in possession of a suspect, but already ordinary analysis of machining marks on the breech face and rifling can do that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version