Author Topic: Turkey Attempting Infiltration of Indian tribes with Congressional help  (Read 1408 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Recently, Native American Congressman Tom Cole (R-OK, member of the Chickasaw Nation) introduced H.R. 2362, the Indian Trade and Investment Demonstration Project.

The bill singles out Turkish-owned companies for exclusive investment preferences and special rights in Native American tribal area projects.

Congressman Cole freely admitted the following on the House floor:

There’s no question that I was approached by the Turkish American Coalition (properly the Turkish Coalition of America), who have a deep interest in Turkey and American Indians.

“Deep interest” indeed. The bill was the culmination of a multi-year effort by Turkey to ingratiate itself with Native American tribes: tribal students now study in Turkey with full scholarships; Turkish officials regularly appear at Native American economic summits; and dozens of tribal leaders have gone to Turkey on lavish all-expense-paid trips.

Why the intense interest in business and cultural ties with Native American tribes now, when Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Islamist Justice and Development party (AKP) have taken Turkey down a path of aggressive and dangerous Islamism?

Evidence from Uzbekistan points to a possible motive: infiltration and Islamization. The government of Uzbekistan is claiming that private Turkish business interests in the Central Asian country have been acting as a front for banned Islamist extremists. According to Agence France-Presse:

{The Uzbek government has accused} Turkish companies of creating a shadow economy, using double accounting and propagating nationalistic and extremist ideology. … Long wary of the influence of Islamic fundamentalism … secular authorities appear to be linking Turkish private business to the activities of the Nurcus, an Islamic group that is banned in the country.

The Congressional help?

U.S. Representative Tom Cole (R-OK) is a member of the Chickasaw Tribe in Oklahoma. Earlier this year he introduced legislation to allow “Turkish-owned” companies, both private and public, to have “exclusive investment preferences and special rights in Native American tribal area projects.” Those “preferences” and “special rights” are lightly defined as you’ll see below.

Some students of the Chickasaw nation are already “studying abroad” in Turkey.

I have talked to the offices of US Representatives Michele Bachmann, Sue Myrick, and Marsha Blackburn,  all of whom voted for the bill’s passage. I recognize these women as being strong protectors of the U.S. Constitution and women who recognize that Islamic countries have no respect for what we consider our Rule of Law.  They, as well as others who voted for passage, are deeply passionate about the matters of Islamists in the United States. One of the points of angst about the bill is defining “Islamist.” Apparently if you are a member of NATO you cannot be an “Islamist” country. From my point of view, Turkey is an Islamist country and Islamists within the once-secular Turkey are gaining stronger footholds every day.

What I heard from Bachmann and Myrick’s office (have not heard back from Blackburn) is that international trade is a good thing for this country, and the activities allowed under the failed legislation pose no danger to U.S. security.

The final bill was amended to add offering the same opportunities to all members of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Many of those countries are Islamist countries. The bill gave Turkey one year to get their “economic investment” underway on specific Native American lands (selected by the Secretary of the Interior). The bill is a “demonstration” act – meaning a trial. If successful, the Indian Nations and lands can be expanded.

The bill failed by a small margin.  This time.

What the hell is wrong with these people?!   ::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Turkey Attempting Infiltration of Indian tribes with Congressional help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
What the hell is wrong with these people?!   ::gaah::

It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. -Douglas Adams

Politicians, by definition, are psychotic sociopaths. Serving in Congress should be like jury duty. Each party  randomly picks 50 people from their ranks in each district,  primary them, hopefully with an eye to removing anyone who wants to be there and win , and then have the normal election. 

For senators we should go back to the old "nepotism" method and have them chosen by the State legislatures. . Yeah, that guy is only a senator because his brother and his friends serve in the State legislature. That is a feature- not a bug. That way the guy is less likely to betray the people in the State Legislature and sell the people of his state out in the name of the National "Common Good."

The Supreme Court should consist of a randomly chosen  "Grand Jury"  of citizens with equal state Representation.  The Current Supreme court should hear arguments,  then  present their decisions to the Grand Jury individually with their arguments  for why they recommend the jury make that decision. If the Jury decides 60% or more to one side, all Judges with the opposing opinion are automatically   removed from office and a new one appointed  .  If the Jury votes 75% against the decision of a Judge, the Judge looses his position and is brought up on charges of Treason, with the penalty of death.  Want to make a name for yourself by forcing a "new" interpretation of the Constitution down people's throats? Want to uphold a law that is overwhelmingly unpopular with the public?  Think Again. Its Family Feud for Constitutional law. Survey Says?  You're dead you treasonous scum.

I suspect such a system would prevent quite a few of these 5:4 decisions, since there would be a consequence to not going with the popular understanding of 50 people given the 6 page constitution, told to read it and apply it as the PLAIN LANGUAGE and INTENT OF THE FOUNDERS (To preserve individual freedom) would indicate.   Only problem I see is the reappointment of new judges. Once could assume the president that signed the offending legislation would still be in charge. Perhaps the minority leader  needs to nominate in cases where the legislation was signed by the sitting President.

I know. Useless speculations.  Well I can dream can't I?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »
If Bachmann is supporting this bill I will say one of two things: Either the bill is not as it is being portrayed in this piece, or she doesn't know what it is she was asked to support.

Why do I say that? Because even though she can not and will not say it publicly, I'm relatively certain that she hates Islam, passionately.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:53 AM »
If Bachmann is supporting this bill I will say one of two things: Either the bill is not as it is being portrayed in this piece, or she doesn't know what it is she was asked to support.

Why do I say that? Because even though she can not and will not say it publicly, I'm relatively certain that she hates Islam, passionately.

Some of the wording of the bill is in the second link.  It looks to me exactly like it's portrayed, so I don't know what to tell you about Bachmann other than I find it hard to believe she doesn't know what she's supporting.  Perhaps she hasn't caught on to the fact that Turkey is going full-retard islam.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »

How can one not know what Eurodan is up to?  He didn't let us debark our
military into Iraq, she must know that.

"Evidence from Uzbekistan points to a possible motive: infiltration and Islamization."
                    Duh  ::facepalm::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »
There is no way in Hell she read the thing, she had to be going on someones word, this Cole guy, a staffer, another rep or somebody.  Piss poor reason, but not as bad as knowing what it is and voting for it, I just don't see her knowing this and signing off on it.  I'll send a note, see what response I get.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.