Author Topic: Why I don't like Sheriff Joe, Part 1  (Read 1495 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Why I don't like Sheriff Joe, Part 1
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »
I see him as every bit the nutcase on the right, as Sheriff Doofus is on the left.  So he has a couple of boiler plate rah rah slogans that can fire up the right.  What does one leftie call him, that I can't disagree with, and did a heh to?  A Co*ktease for the right.

What are his actions more typical of?

Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank

No, this is not the Onion.  This is not a left wing Iowahawk (MinnesotaGopher ;D?))

Neighbor Debra Ross was so worried she called 911 and went outside where a nearby home had its windows blown out, was crawling with dozens of SWAT members in full gear, armored vehicles and a bomb robot.

“When the tank came in and pushed the wall over and you see what's in there, and all it is, is a bunch of chickens,” Ross said.

In a massive show of force on Monday, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant and arrested the homeowner, Jesus Llovera, on charges of suspected cockfighting.

This guy is a joke.  A very dangerous joke at that.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Why I don't like Sheriff Joe, Part 1
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »
Campus said he believes the entire scene was basically a stage, to help actor Steven Seagal’s TV show, “Lawman.”

Seagal was riding in the tank.

O.M.G.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »
Hell, I can't wait to watch that episode. ::rockets::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Janny

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
Sheriff Joe is my sheriff, and my liberal nephew hates him, and I love him. I highly recommend his Facebook page, and I also highly recommend another Facebook page "Stand With Arizona."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/StandWithArizona

And that's all I have to say on that subject!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:17 PM »
I've always liked the guy's tougher-than-nails persona and his perspective on the treatment of criminals and illegal aliens. But there are a few here who don't appreciate his style, and a thing like this seems to give their viewpoint some substance and give me something to chew on.

Mowing down the house of an unarmed man accused of cockfighting - with Steven Segal in a tank? That sounds like something from the Onion or SNL!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 07:56:20 AM »
I like Joe's tough treatment of bad guys, I'd have to see what develops here, where the info came from about what was going on at this house, if he was intentionally fed bad info...but Steven Segal, WTF is that about?  A ride-along, fine, but leave the tank back at the office!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 10:06:32 AM »
I get a lot of my info on the seedier sides of this guy from coyote blog.  Coyote also explained Sheriff Joe's tendency to tease everyone with his "I'm running for Senate, no I've decided not to" routine, rinsed and repeated over the decades.

Has Sheriff Joe decided to run this time this time, or is it just another tease?

He makes prisoners wear pink.  OK.  Fine.  Beyond that, where's the beef?  The crusades against cockfighting?  With so much unjustified shots the right takes, why put on a pedistal someone the jokes can stick to.

A lot can be said for sheriffs that just do their job.

They vill crush your cockfighting ring
The cock chaser of Maricopa County

I'm sure more jokes coming.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/swat-bomb-robots-and-steven-seagal-bust-cockfighting-ring

Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. 

I will bump this post and eat my words if the suspect isn't paid a cash reward by Maricopa County.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »
Sheriff Joe is my sheriff, and my liberal nephew hates him, and I love him. I highly recommend his Facebook page, and I also highly recommend another Facebook page "Stand With Arizona."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/StandWithArizona

And that's all I have to say on that subject!

The Sheriff in my county is the longest serving Sheriff in the U.S. ( he's also a long-time friend of my family ) . From what I understand he and Sheriff Joe are buddies . That's good enough for me .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
My sheriff told me point-blank that his criteria for issuing carry permits didn't change a bit with the transition between MN's "May Issue" law and our "Shall Issue" law enacted a few years back. When the discretion was his, he was a "Shall Issue" sheriff.

He has my support for as long as he wants the job.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
I get a lot of my info on the seedier sides of this guy from coyote blog.  Coyote also explained Sheriff Joe's tendency to tease everyone with his "I'm running for Senate, no I've decided not to" routine, rinsed and repeated over the decades.

Has Sheriff Joe decided to run this time this time, or is it just another tease?

He makes prisoners wear pink.  OK.  Fine.  Beyond that, where's the beef?  The crusades against cockfighting?  With so much unjustified shots the right takes, why put on a pedistal someone the jokes can stick to.

A lot can be said for sheriffs that just do their job.

They vill crush your cockfighting ring
The cock chaser of Maricopa County

I'm sure more jokes coming.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/swat-bomb-robots-and-steven-seagal-bust-cockfighting-ring

Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. 

I will bump this post and eat my words if the suspect isn't paid a cash reward by Maricopa County.

How many raids on cockfighting rings?  Per Wiki --

Seagal has described his activism method as "shaming companies into changing,"[citation needed] a theme that is visible in such films as On Deadly Ground and Fire Down Below. He has worked with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to discourage the fur trade, and has written to the Prime Minister of India to seek increased legal protection for cows.[citation needed] Seagal worked effectively towards saving dogs destined to drown in Taiwan.

In 1999, Seagal was awarded a PETA Humanitarian Award.[20] In 2003, Seagal wrote an open letter to the leadership of Thailand, urging them to enact law to prevent the torture of baby elephants.[21]

Outside of his film work, Seagal has volunteered, lending his voice as a narrator for an activist film project, Medicine Lake Video, which seeks to protect sacred tribal ground near his ranch in Siskiyou County.[22]

In 2002, Segal along with Global Village Champions Foundation and founder Yank Barry helped support Father Joe's orphanage for children with AIDS in Bangkok, Thailand.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 11:54:27 AM »
Where's Libertas' .gif of Segal smacking baby seals? We should put it in the popup.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »
Where's Libertas' .gif of Segal smacking baby seals? We should put it in the popup.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »
Done.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:26:51 PM »
My nephew has a lot of links to all kinds of allegations about Arpaio's "abuse of power," and most of them are simply garbage put out by people who hate Arpaio. He does his job as sheriff, and enforces the law, and a lot of people have a problem with that, particularly when it comes to the illegal immigrants.

The biggest beef his detractors seem to have with him is the amount of money spent defending mostly bogus lawsuits against him. They never talk about much else. We will stick with Joe until he gets voted out or retires. And his detractors can keep protesting outside his office, with their swastika signs, because it just shows how stupid they are.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »
My nephew has a lot of links to all kinds of allegations about Arpaio's "abuse of power," and most of them are simply garbage put out by people who hate Arpaio. He does his job as sheriff, and enforces the law, and a lot of people have a problem with that, particularly when it comes to the illegal immigrants.

The biggest beef his detractors seem to have with him is the amount of money spent defending mostly bogus lawsuits against him. They never talk about much else. We will stick with Joe until he gets voted out or retires. And his detractors can keep protesting outside his office, with their swastika signs, because it just shows how stupid they are.

::thumbsup::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie