Author Topic: California's new Carbon Tax  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
California's new Carbon Tax
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:05:24 AM »
New Carbon tax complete with a crony capitalist provision to allocate credits to some and make others buy them at auction

California - Out to prove the Abject failure of Liberalism in no uncertain terms.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: California's new Carbon Tax
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
  Thank God they didn't raise taxes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
If i'm a surrounding state...I'm soliciting every business in california.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »
If i'm a surrounding state...I'm soliciting every business in california.

Won't have to they're looking already.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
The outsize goals of California’s new law, known as A.B. 32, are to lower California’s emissions to what they were in 1990 by 2020 — a reduction of roughly 30 percent — and, more broadly, to show that the system works and can be replicated.

Since the population in it's current size will be reduced voluntarily as people emigrate to nearby states in droves, the scheme will work but only at the expense of making the state a miserable steaming pile of sh*t that nobody will want to live in.

On the other hand, air tends not to stay on just one location geographically and so CO2 emitted from far away locals such as China and India will effect California but don't look for this simple fact to make it's way towards the logistical circuits of what constitutes for a liberal brain. ::lalanotlistening::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 07:00:19 AM »
The final exodus from the People's Republic of California may now commence, thank you and have a nice day!  
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:35:39 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:37:08 PM »
The predictable excuse will be it didn't work because it wasn't comprehensive enough, i.e. they didn't have the latitude they needed to force it on every other state and country. I mean seriously, which harebrained scheme of the Left doesn't eventually come down to some variation of that excuse? It's why they want everything to emanate from Washington DC, or increasingly from the UN in the form of some quasi-global government. The Left are never interested in competing on an even field, they are only interested in clearing the field.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »
The predictable excuse will be it didn't work because it wasn't comprehensive enough, i.e. they didn't have the latitude they needed to force it on every other state and country. I mean seriously, which harebrained scheme of the Left doesn't eventually come down to some variation of that excuse? It's why they want everything to emanate from Washington DC, or increasingly from the UN in the form of some quasi-global government. The Left are never interested in competing on an even field, they are only interested in clearing the field.

Yup!  And government in non-defense related tasks in general is counterproductive to intelligent and timely action that is much better suited to private enterprise.  Government is designed for large scale operations, which is why leftists glom onto the idea of making even the most minor human activity subject to massive regulatory overkill.  It always comes down to top-down authoritarian power to reduce every person and every human act to meaningless robotic nothingness...all the same, nothing different, sloth rewarded equally with achievement...a nightmarish Nirvana of demonic dimensions that attracts them and repels us.  That their beneficent overseers would not share in the shared misery enjoyed by the 99.9% doesn't even compute in their neolithic minds.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.