Topics > Weather, Climate, & Natural Disasters

California's new Carbon Tax

(1/2) > >>

Weisshaupt:
New Carbon tax complete with a crony capitalist provision to allocate credits to some and make others buy them at auction

California - Out to prove the Abject failure of Liberalism in no uncertain terms.

John Florida:
  Thank God they didn't raise taxes.

Predator Don:
If i'm a surrounding state...I'm soliciting every business in california.

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Predator Don on October 14, 2012, 07:14:35 PM ---If i'm a surrounding state...I'm soliciting every business in california.

--- End quote ---

Won't have to they're looking already.

warpmine:
The outsize goals of California’s new law, known as A.B. 32, are to lower California’s emissions to what they were in 1990 by 2020 — a reduction of roughly 30 percent — and, more broadly, to show that the system works and can be replicated.

Since the population in it's current size will be reduced voluntarily as people emigrate to nearby states in droves, the scheme will work but only at the expense of making the state a miserable steaming pile of sh*t that nobody will want to live in.

On the other hand, air tends not to stay on just one location geographically and so CO2 emitted from far away locals such as China and India will effect California but don't look for this simple fact to make it's way towards the logistical circuits of what constitutes for a liberal brain. ::lalanotlistening::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version