Author Topic: Traitor or just oppurtunist, Arlen Specter Dies at 82  (Read 1943 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Traitor or just oppurtunist, Arlen Specter Dies at 82
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:13 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/arlen-specter-dies-he-was-pennsylvanias-longest-serving-senator/2012/10/14/4b428a96-c5dc-11df-94e1-c5afa35a9e59_story.html

My sympathies to the grieving. May God have more mercy on his soul than he did upon the constitution he helped to destroy.

On a side not for discussion, Specter had just completed treatment for his cancer a short time, couple of years, ago and he wound up succumb to it anyway. Talk about a waste of effort and money.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Traitor or just oppurtunist, Arlen Specter Dies at 82
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »
Bye Specter.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
  Don't care.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
  Don't care.

That about sums it up for me, too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »
I would piss on Arlen Spincter's grave

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
  Don't care.

That about sums it up for me, too.
I care. he was one of the people I was hoping to see tortured and suffer greatly before he died.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »

Arlen, RIP.

From  "The Other McCain"

In their own remembrance of Snarlin’ Arlen, Victory Girls remind us of the moment at a 2009 town-hall meeting when the Vicious Backstabbing Crapweasel learned he had “awakened a sleeping giant”:

Specter town hall
[blockquote]
    “This is about the systematic dismantling of this country. I am only 35 years old. I have never been interested in politics. You have awakened a sleeping giant. We are tired of this. This is why everybody in this room is so ticked off. I don’t want this country turning into Russia, turning into a socialized country.”
    – Katy Abram, Lebanon, Pa., Aug. 11, 2009
[/blockquote]
Arlen Specter was a powerful Republican senator, and Katy Abram was just a mom concerned about her children’s future in a nation whose basic freedoms Specter was helping to destroy. The contest between them, by all normal political logic, was a mismatch that Specter should have easily won. How was it that this Pennsylvania mom prevailed, and the mighty Specter was defeated? Speaking of giants . . .
[blockquote]
    “Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.”
    – I Samuel 17:45 (KJV)
[/blockquote]

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:12:41 PM »
Ok...the body finally died. He was dead to me much sooner. His ilk hurt conservatives.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »
I would piss on Arlen Spincter's grave

Is he going to be parked close to Teddy?  I don't want to have to stagger too far with my keg.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
I realize this is sort of a statement from a fat-girl with herpes.....(I do not expect to win a popularity contest)... but to the degree he helped us...good. When against us, bad.

Think about Scott Brown. I actually sent him money in his previous election and I do not regret it.  He does not agree with me more than perhaps 55%,  That is better than electing someone who votes against me and the constitution 100% of the time.  It is hard to find PERFECT allies. And Specter was FAR from it. But, he was occasionally useful and more so than most of the people who ever ran against him. Toomey being the obvious exception. 

To win in the end is not always to achieve perfection EVERY time, but most of the time. To do that, some folks who do not agree with us all the time, must vote with us some of the time. He is dead and I do not mourn him, but I am talking about using those who can vote with us some as opposed to letting be elected those who will constantly oppose us.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »
I realize this is sort of a statement from a fat-girl with herpes.....(I do not expect to win a popularity contest)... but to the degree he helped us...good. When against us, bad.

Think about Scott Brown. I actually sent him money in his previous election and I do not regret it.  He does not agree with me more than perhaps 55%,  That is better than electing someone who votes against me and the constitution 100% of the time.  It is hard to find PERFECT allies. And Specter was FAR from it. But, he was occasionally useful and more so than most of the people who ever ran against him. Toomey being the obvious exception. 

To win in the end is not always to achieve perfection EVERY time, but most of the time. To do that, some folks who do not agree with us all the time, must vote with us some of the time. He is dead and I do not mourn him, but I am talking about using those who can vote with us some as opposed to letting be elected those who will constantly oppose us.

Specter was most interested in helping himself.  Any help afforded to Republicans was purely incidental and used as leverage to help himself next time 'round.

All politicians engage in this behavior to some degree, in my opinion, but Specter was despicable.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »

Brown has always portrayed himself for what he is. 
He has never claimed to be a conservative.
He is a man of his word Specter was a ...d.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »
What CO said!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »
I agree with CHF's general philosophy, but I have a hard time applying it to Snarlen Arlen for a few reasons.

He was a bastage. Nasty, condescending, cynical bastage.

He was NOT the most conservative candidate who could win a general election in PA. Never was.

He was a former Democrat until it was convenient for him to wear the GOP banner. As a Republican, he thwarted the conservative agenda with glee, and did so mostly when it counted on behalf of the Dems n large and important ways.

Then when he was able to do the very most harm against the country by finally turning against the GOP officially, he switched back to being a Democrat.

I don't ever want a man like Arlen Specter claiming to be on my side or claiming to represent my values or political party.

Never ever. I'd rather have a Democrat along the lines of a Jim Webb than a Republican like Arlen Specter.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »
Don'tdoitDon'tdoitDon'tdoitDon'tdoitDon'tdoitDon'tdoit

Screw it - I can comment if I wanna  :o

The reason why I lament arlen's passing is because Glenn Beck's sidekick on the radio did the most wonderful arlen sphincter impersonation and I doubt that he will be inclined to ever do it again.

There - sue me

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
You may now refer to him as " Ex-Spectorate " !

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »
 ::rimshot::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
You may now refer to him as " Ex-Spectorate " !

You must have been up all night for that one.But it is a good one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
 ::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::