Author Topic: Brietbart on NPR scandal: Treason  (Read 3285 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Brietbart on NPR scandal: Treason
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:56:30 AM »
"What you have on the tapes is NPR trying to get a $5 million dollar check from enemies of the United States. In another era they would call this treason. If the Nazis were trying to give us money to influence our national debate back in 1942, I think that would be quite significant. This is the Muslim Brotherhood."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Nnwy9UThLhE#at=142
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Brietbart on NPR scandal: Treason
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »
"What you have on the tapes is NPR trying to get a $5 million dollar check from enemies of the United States. In another era they would call this treason. If the Nazis were trying to give us money to influence our national debate back in 1942, I think that would be quite significant. This is the Muslim Brotherhood."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Nnwy9UThLhE#at=142

We, as a society, no longer impart to these actions the shame and scandal we once did.  We are as a society, self-destructing ....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
We have a president defending the muslim brotherhood. NPR getting 5 million?????? Considered victory.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »
...We, as a society, no longer impart to these actions the shame and scandal we once did.  We are as a society, self-destructing ....

As you astutely pointed out a few days ago, ain't no "we" about it. It's "they". They are destroying, and we're trying to stand in the gap.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »
...We, as a society, no longer impart to these actions the shame and scandal we once did.  We are as a society, self-destructing ....

As you astutely pointed out a few days ago, ain't no "we" about it. It's "they". They are destroying, and we're trying to stand in the gap.

True, "they". 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:42 PM »
I am beginning to be less and less surprised at how passive American's have become in the face of such unrelenting tyranny, treason and corruption.  I am not sure what has to happen to wake people up and stir them to action...or if it is just not possible anymore...

::bashing::

::gaah::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »
There's probably a term for this in the study of logic/forensics/debate, but not knowing any better I can only describe it: there's a technique often used by the left that attempts to define concepts out of existence by their failure to conform to a precise, non-arbitrary and unambiguous delineation.

The "there is no such thing as race" argument is one of these, because true enough there's not a precise boundary between different human groups. But it's rather like saying "there is no such thing as color" because there are infinite gradations from one to the other, and red becomes purple becomes blue at points that are necessarily arbitrary. It would be foolish to say that red and blue are invalid concepts because of this.

It is the same with the Islamic threat. The left have taken their usual position, arguing that "Islamic terror" is a far too amorphous concept. So, accepting this premise, how can it be treasonous to accept money from an Islamic group? In effect, we're allowing Islam to establish the rules of battle simply because it refuses to conform to a precise definition. It's not a country on a map, it doesn't have an identifiable government or uniformed army, so according to the left the numerous examples of its violence against us physically, and its hostility to our culture and institutions when allowed to live among us, are just that: the acts of individuals. That they are all rooted in the Islamic worldview is apparently just a coincidence. After all, how can you precisely delineate these terrorists from other Muslims? Until they commit actual violence, you can't. So I guess we'll just have to assume Islam is not an organized enemy right? /sarc

To echo the WWII analogy, you cannot eliminate enemies without taking out their support structures. The Nazis and imperial Japanese would never have been defeated if we didn't attack their factories and merchant transportation networks. We're never going to adequately meet this threat until we recognize that Islam itself is a giant support structure for jihad.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 07:16:27 AM »
"We're never going to adequately meet this threat until we recognize that Islam itself is a giant support structure for jihad."

Yeah, and like you say, getting the Left to recognize that...I just don't see it happening.  And it sure as hell won't happen until the body-count here starts to explode.  By then it will be too late.  The Left will allow us to be converted completely uncontested.  When it comes to the convert or die choice, who here thinks Leftists will suddenly grow a set and choose death?  They are part of the problem, not the solution.  Our solution is simple - defeat the Left, defeat Islam.  There is no other choice.  Unless you call convert or die a choice.  I sure as hell don't!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 07:19:46 AM »
"We're never going to adequately meet this threat until we recognize that Islam itself is a giant support structure for jihad."

Yeah, and like you say, getting the Left to recognize that...I just don't see it happening....

Hell, I'd feel like there was hope if we could just get the Right to recognize it!

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »
Ooooffff!

Low blow!

::hysterical::

Hey, wait...why am I laughing?!

::whatgives::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »

Yeah, and like you say, getting the Left to recognize that...I just don't see it happening....

Hell, I'd feel like there was hope if we could just get the Right to recognize it!

Yeah, and that's actually who I had in mind while writing that. While so many of the faulty premises we live under originated in the leftist mindset, the conservative mainstream has internalized a lot of them. I would say the most glaring failure of conservatism is that it, at most, tries to keep the liberals from advancing. It almost never pushes to rollback what the left has already done. I'm starting to see that they're fine with treating ObamaCare the same way.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly