Author Topic: Bachmann looks in good shape 3 weeks out - if poll is to be believed  (Read 566 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
There's still time, and the ads are coming fast and furious. But I'll take good news on this front. I can't imagine being represented by a Leftist at this point. The fact that I'm not is one not-so-small comfort.

Side note: How about the amateurish wording of this paragraph?

SurveyUSA/KSTP Poll: Minn. 6th Congressional District

In an election today for the U.S. House of Representatives from Minnesota's 6th Congressional District, high-profile incumbent Republican congresswoman Michele Bachmann is re-elected, defeating DFL challenger Jim Graves 50% to 41%, according to a SurveyUSA poll conducted for KSTP-TV in the Twin Cities.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Bachmann looks in good shape 3 weeks out - if poll is to be believed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
No picking on JurnoTards now IDP, they cannot help it if a Phys Ed degree was too much for them and they had to settle for a Journalism or PolySci degree, and it isn't like English skills are a plus now days...the dumbing-down of our kids just keeps rolling along...

Anyway, about the poll, certainly good news, from the looks of it this appears to be a typical left-leaning outfit...

http://www.surveyusa.com/

So Michele could be up by more than this.  And, keeping that thought in mind the question on the POTUS race stuns me!  Mitt 53% - 36%?!  Either they sampled too few libiots by mistake or Obama is in deep deep trouble!  This state hasn't gone for a Repub since Nixon and even Reagan couldn't swing it back.

Boy, I sure hope this trend is real!   ::praying::   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »
No picking on JurnoTards now IDP, they cannot help it if a Phys Ed degree was too much for them and they had to settle for a Journalism or PolySci degree, and it isn't like English skills are a plus now days...the dumbing-down of our kids just keeps rolling along...

Anyway, about the poll, certainly good news, from the looks of it this appears to be a typical left-leaning outfit...

So Michele could be up by more than this.  And, keeping that thought in mind the question on the POTUS race stuns me!  Mitt 53% - 36%?!  Either they sampled too few libiots by mistake or Obama is in deep deep trouble!  This state hasn't gone for a Repub since Nixon and even Reagan couldn't swing it back.

Well, our 6th district is extremely conservative. The rest of this (politically) God-forsaken state more than negates our district. Obama could lose by 30% here and MN would probably still go Obama.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:30 AM »

Well, our 6th district is extremely conservative. The rest of this (politically) God-forsaken state more than negates our district. Obama could lose by 30% here and MN would probably still go Obama.

Yeah, that is the pattern for quite some time...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
And of course one can never discount DFL machine fraud. I suspect that if it were actually investigated, our Leftist establishment runs quite a substantial voter fraud racket.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:06:20 PM »
And of course one can never discount DFL machine fraud. I suspect that if it were actually investigated, our Leftist establishment runs quite a substantial voter fraud racket.

Be a record setting year I think, but the momentum may overwhelm the ill gotten gains.