Author Topic: 2nd Presidential Debate: 10/16/12  (Read 5432 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: 2nd Presidential Debate: 10/16/12
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
I'm happy that the libs think BO won last night.  I hope he goes with the same posture/style next time.  I think VDH is right--people are worn out by BO"s failures. A debate "win" isn't going to change that.

And yeah, Jeff Greenfield thinks that if this had been the 1st debate the election would be over now and BO would be coasting to a 2nd term.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »
And just in case there's any doubt but that this corrupt Leftist propagandist media will do ANYTHING to shoehorn this Marxist asshole into a 2nd term that will destroy the country...

I think this type of bias is beginning to turn off the voters. It wears thin. Anyone who cares can see it for themselves. More are beginning to understand the cover up. I believe its why the focus groups were in favor of Romney. No one likes to be insulted over...and over...and over again.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »

Yeah, and we don't want too much Republican complacency.
That's all we need, everybody stay home because we've won.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »
Candy "It's Pat!" Crowley's assists ended up giving Obama 9% more time, hope he brings that up next time!

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/obama-gots-more-time-138699.html

And the assist attempt on the terrorist/video-demonstration line for Obama backfired too, and this too will no doubt come up again -

"In a statement given in the Rose Garden on Sept. 12, Obama emphasized an anti-Islam video, before saying that 'no acts of terror would shake the resolve of this great nation.' "

http://freebeacon.com/candy-crowley-he-was-right/

So, despite the fact that the Obama would love to be covered by a vague open-ended condemnation of terror, he did not call this event a terrorist attack.  They mumbled about investigations and getting the facts while politicizing the issue by damning Romney for calling it an act of terror, they accused him of shooting from the hip before all the facts were known, they kept trotting out Regime robots by the score (including Carney & Rice) saying the whole thing was due to an evil video nobody ever heard about that set the the Religion-of-Peace types with weapons off and turned their little demonstration into a riot gone wrong.  In the end Romney was right, it was a terrorist attack, it had nothing to do with the unknown video, it was not a peaceful demonstration gone wrong.  It took the Obama Admin 2 weeks to reach the right conclusion, and I suspect it begrudgingly did so because he was getting gored on it.

So the real questions for the American people are:

1)  If Romney shot from the hip his information and aim is 100% accurate, he beat Obama, he beat the State Dept, he beat the entire Federal Government fair and square.  How is this not a Presidential leadership win for Mitt?

2)  If it was a terrorist attack, an attack Obama now admits and an attack Obama said he condemned that day in the Rose Garden, then why did Carney, Rice et al still trot out the video/demonstration story for two weeks?  Who is in charge of this Administration?  Does Obama have no administrative control over the people he put in place in all these positions in our government?  How does this demonstrate Obama's effective leadership as President?

This is what has to get hammered home!

I would also like to see a detailed attack on the massive failings of this Admin on the whole F&F affair, Romney was not allowed enough time to do that.

I think Romney was right not to preempt Obama on the 47% issue, I think it is right that Obama should make the first move to bring up out of context private conversations into the dialogue of the political debate, now that he has in my mind Romney can now say the President has decided to politicize private comments and that if that is the new ground rule then it is fair game to bring up the same regarding Obama, and then unleash all the stuff about Obama's comments like the "bitter clingers", "redistribution", the whole nasty ball of dirt!

Demand that 9% back.

Let slip the dogs of war!!!

Based on size , Candy Crowley now qualifies under the U.N. Charter as an "emerging nation" .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »

Some are saying Romney fumbled by not "going in for the kill" on some of the topics they were debating.  He merely demurred for the moment a reverse rope a dope if you will.  He tacitly made his point and by letting it ride he did not appear overbearing. In the style of a serial thriller one must tune in for the next installment of the wounds left open for a week until the last debate where then he may excise it.

Romney had tougher debates in his office at Bain.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »

Some are saying Romney fumbled by not "going in for the kill" on some of the topics they were debating.  He merely demurred for the moment a reverse rope a dope if you will.  He tacitly made his point and by letting it ride he did not appear overbearing. In the style of a serial thriller one must tune in for the next installment of the wounds left open for a week until the last debate where then he may excise it.

Romney had tougher debates in his office at Bain.

The more I think about it the more perfectly I think he played this.

He directly challenged Obama's narrative on Libya. This forces - FORCES - the media to deal with the discrepancies in Obama's narrative. It forces an examination of Candy Crowley and more broadly, the mainstream media's blatant sycophantic effort to shoehorn Barack Hussein Obama into the presidency.

Well played.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
Romney is good in the room.

A hundred times Romney has had to go into a meeting and win over the opposition.

Obama can only be good elevated on a pedestal where no one gets a close look at him.

The media should ask this question:
which candidate would you want to argue your case before the judge?

Obama has been president for nearly 4 years and these are the debate performances he gives?  He looked like an inexperienced politician.  Meanwhile, Romney is out of the box ready, turning in consistent, impressive performances.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:27:14 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »

A hundred times Romney has had to go into a meeting and win over the opposition.

Obama can only be good elevated on a pedestal where no one gets a close look at him.

He'll be riding to the inauguration on top of Romney's limo . Is that elevated enough ?  ;D

charlesoakwood

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »

Ha, draw that, safety cage and all. 
Hands on the bars with nose pressed
to the door and and little drippy tears.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 02:28:43 PM »

He'll be riding to the inauguration on top of Romney's limo . Is that elevated enough ?  ;D

hehehehe

Romney has a binder full of women...what does BO have???

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »

This is a telling image.  The debate is a tense and demanding situation;
there is Romney, composed; there is the president, self-absorbed.
It fully illustrates who is more competent to take that 3 A.M. call.
Oh, that's right he actually avoided Benghazi's 3 o'clock call.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »
some pictures worth a few thousand words...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
some pictures worth a few thousand words...

betcha moochelle is whispering in his ear...... YOU ASSCLOWN! U blowin my free vacations!
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 03:00:11 PM »
...betcha moochelle is whispering in his ear...... YOU ASSCLOWN! U blowin my free vacations!

And he's replying, "Ungowa".

::exitstageleft::
 ::praying::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
...betcha moochelle is whispering in his ear...... YOU ASSCLOWN! U blowin my free vacations!

And he's replying, "Ungowa".

::exitstageleft::
 ::praying::

" You gonna be pumpin' yo fist tonight , suckah ! "

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »
"But before the pundits continue to beat up on Romney for lost opportunities and a flubbed answer, Romney pounded Obama on his Rose Garden claims. With deadly seriousness he looked at Obama and said "I think it's interesting the President just said something which is that on the day after the attack, he went into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.'"

Obama interjected: "That's what I said."  Bam!

Romney continued: "You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack it was an act of terror; it was not a spontaneous demonstration.  Is that what you are saying?"

Obama haughtily invited Romney: "Please proceed Governor."  Bam!

Romney responded: "I wanna make sure we get that for the record because it took him 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi  an act of terror." Bam!

At which point Obama called for Candy to "Get the transcript" and she came to his rescue ruling that Obama did say it was an act of terror--applause--and that Romney was also correct that it took 14 days for clarification--applause.

Romney, with a bit of stuttering, says:  "The administration indicated that this was a reaction to a video and was a spontaneous reaction....It took them a long time to say this was a terrrorist act by a terrorist group....On Sunday...the Ambassador to the United Nations went on the Sunday television shows and spoke about how this was a spontaneous reaction." Bam! Bam!

Obama--desperately wanting to change the subject--announced "I'm happy to have a longer conversation about foreign policy...."  as Candy tells them that she wants to move on.  And the President concedes "Ok, I'm happy to do that, too.... I just wanna make sure all these wonderful folks are gonna have a chance to get some of their questions answered."   

While Romney might not have had 100% alpha male domination over the answer, what he did that seems to be overlooked by way too many, was to expose the President as a liar and not just a misspeaker on an issue everyone is talking about.  And, this is not just conjecture or spin.  We have the ironclad transcript and video of Obama asserting this was a spontaneous demonstration--directly contradicting his statement at the debate.  Yet, he brazenly reaffirmed at the debate that he said it was an act of terror

While it is risky to ask such a question, Romney got him to repeat his admission several times--so he can't say he mispoke--and can therefore EASILY impeach his credibility with the actual transcript and video of the Rose Garden statement.  Romney wasn't just phumphering around.  He was onto something average folks (jurors, if you will) see because, well, it isn't hard to find--it's right there in the open and completely verifiable--this guy is lying! 

Contrary to the punditry's possibly legitimate concerns that this wasn't the smoothest answer and that Romney muddled rather than clarified the issue, Romney did mention the 14 days, the repeated assertion by the President and Susan Rice that Benghazi was not a terrorist attack but the result of a spontaneous demonstration and drove home the fact that this President chose to "go on with the show" and continue with the campaign rather than give his full attention to the pressing matter of our Ambassador and 3 others being slaughtered.

If I'm Karl Rove or the Romney campaign, I'm running ad after ad of Obama at the debate declaring that he said in the Rose Garden it was an act of terror.  Then, I'd  show his actual Rose Garden statement and speckle it with all his other statements and those of Susan Rice and Hillary reiterating that it was the result of a spontaneous demonstration because of the video.  Then I'd show Romney giving Obama a chance to retract the admission, while he reaffirms it instead saying "That's what I said."

Then, I'd finish with Obama saying: "You know that I mean what I say.""

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/10/romney_trapped_obama_in_the_second_debate.html#ixzz29bEdvtFg
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:58 PM »
I agree that Romney knew what he was doing and has it perfectly set up for the next debate.  I also think in a closing statement he can knock that 47% crap all the drunken MFMer's applauded in the Budweiser tent right out of the park in his closing statement.

See the latest Gallup numbers? 

51-45, throw in the libiot fudge-factor and Romney is kicking Obama's butt.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157817/election-2012-likely-voters-trial-heat-obama-romney.aspx

And speaking of Freudian slips -

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/17/obama_says_when_i_was_president_at_debate.html

Yes, get used to thinking of yourself in the past tense, you're getting pink-slipped Barry!

::whoohoo::

Can you imagine an MFM letting that evade ridicule if said by a Republican?  Me neither!

And in swing states the NRA is entering the fray -

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-hints-at-handgun-restrictions-too/article/2510993#.UH9BHGdaR_k

We all have issues with the NRA, but in this contest their assistance is appreciated, hopefully it helps.

I really would like to see this be a resounding rout!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
The first 10 seconds of this video should seal the deal
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
Who is the President here?

American Crossroads: "Act of Terror"

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »
Good find, IDP.

And just for the record as to what they knew when, "they" knew exactly what was happening in real time, it went on for six hours, and they did nothing.

State Department: We Monitored Libya Attack ‘in Almost Real Time’

"Charlene Lamb, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for International Programs, said in her prepared testimony (.pdf) that she had a firm grasp on what happened in Benghazi, starting mere moments after the mission came under assault. ”When the attack began, a Diplomatic Security agent working in the tactical operations center immediately… alerted the annex U.S. quick reaction security team stationed nearby … and the Diplomatic Security Command Center in Washington. From that point on, I could follow what was happening in almost real-time,” Lamb explained."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"