Author Topic: What is the deal with Iowa?  (Read 590 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
What is the deal with Iowa?
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »
So I've been hearing about these Marist polls showing Obama with something like a 6 or 8 point lead in Iowa.  Never been there, don't know anyone from there. But what's the deal? How do they have so many Dumbocrats?  I thought rural midwestern areas were mostly conservative.

I guess this is why I should just not even listen to or read anything about these polls. The fact that Rasmussen's is not showing the same Romney lead as Gallup makes me worry.  I just cannot fathom why anyone would want four more years of this, and yet here we are with it going down to the wire.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: What is the deal with Iowa?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
Hmm...HotAir just put up a post about Romney now leading by one in Iowa.

Trust me, the BO is going to lose.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
You're talking about a state that elected Harkin and Grassley to the US senate.  They elected Branstad (conservative) and then Vilsack (stupid); then another dem and now back to Branstad.

There are some hardcore, grass roots conservatives but there are just as many libs--farmers who want someone to cater to them, university types who know more than anyone else, etc.  They're everywhere!

I do.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »

I think you're right.  I guess I just look at what has transpired since January 2009 and I am flabbergasted that the man gets even 30 votes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »

I think you're right.  I guess I just look at what has transpired since January 2009 and I am flabbergasted that the man gets even 30 votes.

You and me both.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
And then, of course, you have these guys who say that Romney is going to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 330 electoral votes.

So there's your scientific analysis to go with my gut instinct.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »
And then, of course, you have these guys who say that Romney is going to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 330 electoral votes.

The state-by-state economic data used in their model have been available since 1980. When these data were applied retroactively to each election year, the model correctly classifies all presidential election winners, including the two years when independent candidates ran strongly: 1980 and 1992. It also correctly estimates the outcome in 2000, when Al Gore won the popular vote but George W. Bush won the election through the Electoral College.

hmmm, interesting
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:27:12 AM »

Oh crap, and I was going to go with 333 (I just like the number!)...and these guys have to do an analysis...   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.