Author Topic: Fake People breaking new update  (Read 3760 times)

charlesoakwood

Fake People breaking new update
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »
NOTE:links have been transferred and are good

This ties closely with the curious demise of Jack Wheeler III http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,38.0.html

Categories » General Board » Fake People
Utilizing G32's method with Firefox here is a rendition of the original Fake People.

http://itsaboutfreedom.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4516
Fake People
Post by Charles Oakwood on Yesterday at 1:37pm

The USAF (CIA) is capable of and is creating multiple fake personalities to create the illusion of opinion contrary to reality but in line with the statists.

Quote:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-s-govt-software-creates-fake-people-to-spread-message-via-social-networking/

"Recently leaked** email files...reveal internal discussions of how one person could use the software to create an army of fake profiles."
“There are a variety of social media tricks we can use to add a level of realness to all fictitious personas…"
"the software could be manipulated to infiltrate groups, data mine, and even bombard discussion sites with orchestrated government messages — a.k.a. propaganda.

" 'The request was filled in June, which means these fake people could be roaming the ‘net right now.,...'"

An agency person's response to this open source info:

Quote:
“WTF Dude?” one HBGary employee emailed to another. “This is posted on open source. Are you f***ing serious?”

Re: Fake People
Post by irondiopriest on Yesterday at 2:58pm
Such a thing would have been utterly unbelievable pre-Obama. Now every form of the lowest craven behavior is on the table, and nothing is unbelievable anymore.

Post by rickl on Yesterday at 9:29pm
It could account for a sizable percentage of comments on blogs.Re: Fake People
Post by rickl on Yesterday at 9:32pm

But this is actually topical. I had to look it up for a comment I made at Transterrestrial Musings. It's an all-time classic:

This is the title of a typical incendiary blog post
http://faultline.org/site/item/incendiary/

Post by nolan on Yesterday at 9:51pm
Holy Crap! Did we just step into "1984"?
Simply put, this is more evidence that our gov't no longer works for us!

Post by Charles Oakwood on Yesterday at 9:55pm

Quote:
... revealed “three different malware archives, two bots, an offer to sell a botnet, a genuine stuxnet copy, and various malware lists.” Not entirely surprising given that HBGary is a security firm, but the source speculates that botnets aren’t typically rented out for “research.”

I'll take two botnets, a stuxnet, and a large bottle of cognac, thank you.

Post by Charles Oakwood on Yesterday at 10:28pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit
A rootkit is software that enables continued privileged access to a compute...

Typically, an attacker installs a rootkit on a computer after first obtaining root-level access, either by exploiting a known vulnerability or by obtaining a password (either by cracking the encryption, or through social engineering).

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_%28security%29
Social engineering is the act of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information, rather than by breaking in or using technical cracking techniques.[1] While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery or deception for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or computer system access; in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim. Social Engineering has also been employed by bill collectors, skiptracers, and bounty hunters.

This social engineering is not to be confused with:

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_%28political_science%29

Social engineering is a discipline in political science that refers to efforts to influence popular attitudes and social behaviors on a large scale, whether by governments or private groups. In the political arena, the counterpart of social engineering is political engineering.

It's becoming clear, social engineering/security and social engineering/political science are different only by the number of people that are screwed.

The good guys and the bad guys are engaged in total cyber war, complete with the résistance and the collaborators, creating riots, spreading disinformation, undermining and fighting for the fabric of this society or the reformation of the world, while we on the surface toil with local and national politicians who quite probably do not have a clue.

Is this the 1st intelligence driven war?

Post by sectionhand on Today at 6:27am

Yesterday at 1:37pm, Charles Oakwood wrote:

The USAF (CIA) is capable of and is creating multiple fake personalities to create the illusion of opinion contrary to reality but in line with the statists.

The article doesn't say that the C.I.A. is an entity involved in this . It merely supposes the possibility that The Agency could use a mechanism like this . Panetta is currently implementing a broad number of stupid and ineffectual programs which would automatically negate any positive intelligence gained from such activity . As to why the USAF would want to create 500 fake personalities ... I couldn't begin to answer .

I'm naturally skeptical regarding reports of this nature .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply 02-20-11:

This ties closely with the curious demise of Jack Wheeler III
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,38.0.html  

The linked articles
http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2011/02/11/anonymous-ready-to-dump-more-hbgary-e-mails-launch-anonleaks/

UPDATE: Security firm Berico Technologies has just joined Palantir in cutting off ties to peer HBGary, following controversial revelations that the three companies had collaborated
http://www.examiner.com/social-media-in-national/us-gov-software-creates-fake-people-on-social-networks-to-promote-propoganda

The contract calls for the development of "Persona Management Software" which would help the user create and manage a variety of distinct fake profiles online.

leave little doubt in the existence of this concept.  

See video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8pKCM87Zl0&feature=player_embedded
at
@3:36 General McInerney
@5:00 this had to be a professional hit job
@6:15 his real expertise was cyber warfare

Fake People could have killed Jack Wheeler?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:10:46 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Fake People breaking new update
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »
Fake People could have directed it, but a live agent had to do the deed!

We are entering a very dark time.  If cyber warfare is leading to people being killed and businesses and wealth to stolen or destroyed...

Info wars are getting hot!

Was Wheeler onto the PTB's conducting some of this and preapring to name names?

Makes you think, don't it?!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »

Fake people is an AF operation, he was AF. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
That just gets me more confused.  Did Obamanoids get a hold of the program and run amok with it, or are you saying this is an active AF effort?  Who are these "private intelligence companies"?  Where the hell is congress?

This story is bedeviling me!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
Remember what Cass Sunstein advocated. Having the government seed propaganda into online forums and blogs as if it were coming from actual independent citizens.

There is no limit to what they are willing to do to ensure the dominant position of government in your life.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
Running a "distrust" psy-ops.  With this in mind, who is and who isn't who they say they are.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »

Running a "distrust" psy-ops.  With this in mind, who is and who isn't who they say they are.

Yes, it can go many ways.  Didn't they say that the first day of protest in Egypt
gathered 500 people, so small the media did not report it? But some of those in attendance tweeted or socially interacted in a manner that created the illusion 15,000 were at the demonstration.  Then the next day 15K did appear and the reporting began.? And  - what if they do that here?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
Who's to say they haven't?  Wisconsin's protests?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »
Beck talking about this right now, CO.

pablodefleurs

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
There is no limit to what they are willing to do to ensure the dominant position of government in your life.

Well...there is a way. Currently illegal and a capital offense...

...but it's still an option for the, uhm....right...emotionally detached individual (but not one that I'm necessarily/currently advocating).

(Some say he's like Lincoln...others, Kennedy)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
I just want to let everyone know, that I radioman, am a real non-fake person. I am not cyber-virtual fake puke on-lining.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
I just want to let everyone know, that I radioman, am a real non-fake person. I am not cyber-virtual fake puke on-lining.

Oh yeah?  So you sez.  Prove it. 

;) ;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »

Well...there is a way. Currently illegal and a capital offense...

...but it's still an option for the, uhm....right...emotionally detached individual (but not one that I'm necessarily/currently advocating).

(Some say he's like Lincoln...others, Kennedy)

Those people are liars!!I too am real for the record.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »
I suck at pretending, so I must be real!   8)

What about Ellie Light (sp?), remember he/she/it?  Who was that?  His Belle Michelle?   :o   :P

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks

[blockquote]...the US military is developing false online personalities Obama – known to users of social media as "sock puppets" "Obama"– could also encourage other governments, private companies and non-government Obama organisations to do the same.

The Centcom contract stipulates that each fake online persona Obama must have a convincing background, history and supporting details, and that up to 50 US-based controllers should be able to operate false identities Obama from their workstations "without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries".

Centcom spokesman Commander Bill Speaks said: "The technology supports classified blogging Obama activities on foreign-language Obama websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the US."

He said none of the interventions would be in English, as it would be unlawful Obama to "address US audiences" with such technology,...[/blockquote]

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
" Critics are likely to complain that it will allow the U.S. Military to create a false consensus in online conversations ..."  Which assumes  weak-mindedness on the part of the conversants ( like the folks on this site ).

This is a conspiracy theory presented as a news story by the British equivalent of the New York Times and Washington Post .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »
Awright, awright!  I confess!  I'm a spook .........   ::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
Actually, I am Keyser Söze!

::unknowncomic::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 08:01:52 AM »
I'm Kaiser Wilhelm !

::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 08:08:16 AM »
Ohh, cool man.  You got one of them pointy helmets too?  That'd look so cool while riding the motorcycle!

;D