Poll

So, what are people planning to do tonight?

Watch & live chat
6 (50%)
Just watch
2 (16.7%)
Do something else, but have it on in the background in case something interesting happens
0 (0%)
TiVo/DVR and watch later
1 (8.3%)
Not going to watch, I have better things to do
2 (16.7%)
Undecided
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Last Presidential Debate Tonight  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Last Presidential Debate Tonight
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
Brit Hume: On Average US Polls Are Weighted Seven Points For Obama

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/brit-hume-us-polls-are-weighted-seven-points-for-obama/

PuffHo - Obama 271-191 in electoral votes?   ::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/pollster
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 10:08:23 PM »
We got the Luntzing going on now in Fox...

Peoples all riled up!

People give it to Mitt on economy and to BO on foreign policy?  Who are these people?   ::saywhat::
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:11:32 PM by Libertas »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »
I liked the way that Romney was able to get the domestic policy stuff into the debate. When he did that you could see BO getting pissed off.

While I don't think everything Mitt did as gov was great I liked how he brings up all the positive things he did as gov.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »
One thing I took particular notice of is when Obama attempted to criticize Romney for having previously cited Russia as our main geopolitical concern. He seemed to think he was serving up a zinger, since the preceding discussion had been all about the threat of terrorism. I immediately thought "This President does not understand the difference between geopolitics and stateless zealots."  Romney eventually came back to make basically that exact point.

I was also gratified to finally hear someone throw "more flexibility after the election" in his face.  I needed a cigarette after that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 10:45:59 PM »
I was also gratified to finally hear someone throw "more flexibility after the election" in his face.  I needed a cigarette after that.

That was sweet!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »

Oh realllly?

The media is so effing pathetic in their effort to shoehorn the Marxist in for a second immaculation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
UK Telegraph gives it to Mitt, says BO had the Bidet-style smug punk act on overdrive -

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100186053/romney-won-the-presidential-debate-by-looking-presidential-obama-had-a-painful-case-of-bidens-smile/

How many people when they heard this really thought it demonstrated Presidential command and competence?  Very few I bet!

“I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works. You mentioned the navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed.”

Smug punk thug gonna get pink-slipped!  Nah, nah, nah nah, nah!   ::mooning::   ::asskicking::

Meanwhile, I'll prepare for the riots, this could be a really important moment for America!

http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-continue-threats-to-riot-assassinate-romney/

Bring it!   ::whoohoo::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 07:35:47 AM »
We got the Luntzing going on now in Fox...

Peoples all riled up!

People give it to Mitt on economy and to BO on foreign policy?  Who are these people?   ::saywhat::

The focus group heavily voted Obama in 08. I believe they also want to hold on to anything which does not make their 08 vote look foolish. Most had switched away but to "split" the d ebate performance  allows them to save face, so to speak.

(Obama)(Biden). Equals what?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 07:41:08 AM »
Lets see what the analysts say

Krauthammer and Brit Hume both said Romney won and didn't even offer any negatives. Thats all I needed to hear.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 08:05:31 AM »
Romney won the presidential debate by looking
presidential. Obama had a painful case of Biden's smile

The Telegraph: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100186053/romney-won-the-presidential-debate-by-looking-presidential-obama-had-a-painful-case-of-bidens-smile/

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 10:08:23 AM »
Romney won the presidential debate by looking
presidential. Obama had a painful case of Biden's smile

like that headline

Offline robins111

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
Watched the debate, and followed the comments on a couple of sites,.. This Canadians observation is Bammy reminded me of a yappy beta dog, when it confronts a alpha male wolf, constantly hiding behind the moderator for protection.  In conclusion, Bammy lost cause he looked and acted like a weasel, to Romney's alpha male..

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »
Watched the debate, and followed the comments on a couple of sites,.. This Canadians observation is Bammy reminded me of a yappy beta dog, when it confronts a alpha male wolf, constantly hiding behind the moderator for protection.  In conclusion, Bammy lost cause he looked and acted like a weasel, to Romney's alpha male..

I'll bet you're pretty lonely up there in Canada huh. Not too many conservatives there.

Offline robins111

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

I'll bet you're pretty lonely up there in Canada huh. Not too many conservatives there.

There appears to be a few...  well more than a few, if you get out of the major urban centers, and away from the welfare queens..

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 02:41:57 PM »

Conservatives ARE the alpha males..... Liberals need coaches....ask algore. Liberals want their kids to be wussies, everything about thier lives are wussified...until the election and suddenly they need to appear manly......OOPS sorry liberals, it comes naturally...you can't fake it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
Watched the debate, and followed the comments on a couple of sites,.. This Canadians observation is Bammy reminded me of a yappy beta dog, when it confronts a alpha male wolf, constantly hiding behind the moderator for protection.  In conclusion, Bammy lost cause he looked and acted like a weasel, to Romney's alpha male..

There appears to be a few...  well more than a few, if you get out of the major urban centers, and away from the welfare queens..

Pretty much the same everywhere.

/Where does meat come from?  City folk:  From a package at the grocery store!  Who needs farms?  We got megamarts!

Offline robins111

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »
 Rick, its really gonna frost the lefties when they realize the 32 new electoral ridings created in Canada in the next year are largely going in areas where 80% vote conservatives.    ::grouphug::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Good!  There's little better than frosted Lefties.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »

Just take 'em out of the freezer and fry 'em up.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »

US President Barack Obama greets Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney as the two contenders arrive on stage for the third and final presidential debate October 22, 2012 at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida. (AFP PHOTO/Mandel NGAN)

Link

Romney has courage, getting that close to that drooling, uh, vampire.