Author Topic: Gov. Christie annihilates Obama in Virginia speech  (Read 531 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Gov. Christie annihilates Obama in Virginia speech
« on: October 22, 2012, 02:51:38 PM »
We may have our issues with Christie on some subjects, but few can deliver a political beatdown better.  Here Christie hands out an epic beating.

Chris Christie's epic takedown of President Obama in Virginia
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

Re: Gov. Christie annihilates Obama in Virginia speech
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
Somebody should throw this quote at Owebama:

“My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of “personal discovery.” This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn’t just need an organizer.” ~ Sarah Palin, Campaign 2008

Then there's this:

Mr. Obama’s caution — ingrained from a life of being deserted by his father and sometimes his mother, and of being, as he wrote to another girlfriend, “caught without a class, a structure, or tradition to support me” — has restrained him at times. In some ways, he’s still finding himself, too absorbed to see what’s not working. But the White House is a very hard place to go on a vision quest, especially with a storm brewing. ~ Maureen Dowd, 2012

Damn prescient that woman from Wasilla.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »
the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of “personal discovery.”

My husband works with people like this.  They think it's the company's obligation to give them work they can do or they believe they should be given time to figure it out.  Either way they think everyone else is on their journey with them.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 04:35:57 PM »
I had a professor in college who always reminded the class "in the real world you don't get paid to self-actualize."  He was one of those academics who didn't have an incurable case of head-up-the-ass.  It's amazing how many people think just that, though.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
I had a professor in college who always reminded the class "in the real world you don't get paid to self-actualize."  He was one of those academics who didn't have an incurable case of head-up-the-ass.  It's amazing how many people think just that, though.

Running a close second are the folks who believe in the concept of "a living wage", because everybody should be paid a decent wage for living.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »

Running a close second are the folks who believe in the concept of "a living wage", because everybody should be paid a decent wage for living.

Also, those who believe that the purpose of owning a business is to provide jobs.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »

Also, those who believe that the purpose of owning a business is to provide jobs.

I own my own business to provide ME a job......The others are just icing on the cake. If I'm wildly successful, someone else may earn a comfortable living....if they work. If you want to get fired, tell me I didn't build it, tell me I'm not paying a living wage or tell me my hours are not fair.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.