Author Topic: I voted...how many others have so far?  (Read 3339 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
I voted...how many others have so far?
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »
I cast my vote early. ......is EVERYONE going to vote?
My suggestion is just add your number to your reply. 

I am number one.  (In the end, we will know what percentage of our members admit to voting.)
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: I voted...how many others have so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
I haven't been into town to pick up my mail yet (Washington is a "vote by mail" only state) but will be doing so tomorrow and will get it in the mail by Thursday. Don't count me out!  ;)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »
I will vote on election day. I'm a stickler for tradition.

I will also be guiding my 18 year old son through the registration/voting process for the very first time.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »
Yes I like Election Day too.  I'm also not doing a straight ticket, because I want to relish voting against the Democrat on each section of the ballot.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »
I want it out of the way. I will vote tomorrow. Could have voted today but work got in the way. mrs. trapeze voted today.

Straight Republican ticket because, hey, not stupid.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
I always wait til election day. My wife always votes early. Nov 6th is marked on my calender, it is the first thing I do that particular day. Anyone who does business with me knows I may be a little late. Heck, I'm thinking of not staffing...It is the most important day this year.

NO STAFF TODAY......GO VOTE.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »
Yes I like Election Day too.  I'm also not doing a straight ticket, because I want to relish voting against the Democrat on each section of the ballot.

Thritto.  And YESSSSSS.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »

Radio head, today, said not voting for an R is a vote for Nancy as Speaker of the House, Barak for prez,  pick the position and you are voting for your nightmare unless you vote R.  Vote R.

You betcha, I voted today.
I'm not going to be available election day.  If I'm lucky.  ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »
I like to go election day.  I don't trust our Sec State (he is a Soros minion) to count my absentee ballot.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
I want to go on election day. I want to stand in line.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »
I want to go on election day. I want to stand in line.

Yes.  Bravely.  Defiantly.  In YOUR FACEDLY.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »
Yeah, don't forget to rat out them Blue-helmet UNer's, Black Panther thugs and illegal voters too!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »
I live in NY.  I vote on election day.  There's no other choice, not that I'm complaining.  I have about a 30-40 yard walk, down to the end of the block, to the public grade school (where kids are required to wear uniforms!) to vote.  Polls open at 6 and I'm usually there before 7 so that I can hit the Uruguyan Bakery right across the street (they open at 7) for some pan con chicharron, a slightly salty bread baked with crispy pieces of fried pork.  Nothing like pig for breakfast.  (Imagine that.  A voting thread becoming a food thread.  Go figure!)  Here in NY, only absentee ballots are early voting (which includes those who are disabled and unable to travel to the polling precinct).  Everybody else votes on election day, with which I happen to agree.  (We're also a closed primary state.)  I hate early voting and voting by mail (along with same day registration), as there is too much room for fraud.  I'm The Vote Nazi:  If people can't take a couple of hours out of their oh so busy lives once every four years to vote on Election Day, then tough sh*t, no ballot for you.

ETA:  La Nueva Uruguyan Bakery:

They also make some damn good empanadas con carne; I may just have to pick some up for lunch/dinner on election day.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:43:52 PM by RickZ »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »
 If people can't take a couple of hours out of their oh so busy lives once every four years to vote on Election Day, then tough sh*t, no ballot for you.

yep, I agree

used to annoy me that my father in law would request an absentee ballot because he didn't want to go to the polling place on election day
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
Yeah, well for those of you who advocate waiting. My father died on election day 1986 when I lived in Reno Nevada. And I had to leave suddenly to see his body home.  And Harry Reid was first elected to the US SENATE that day, without me having cast a vote against him. If I die today, I have cast my vote against several of the wicked and I will not answer for that when I stand before judgment, nor have my offspring suffer under the rule of the evil ones when I could have voted against them but delayed until i could not.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

RickZ

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »
ChrstnHsbndFthr, not to put to fine a point to it, but that's a really lame excuse to justify early voting.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »

It's unfortunate to miss voting day I was looking forward to confronting one of those Blue Helmets
and taking the opportunity to advise the alien he is illegally in a voting premises where only qualified
voters are permitted.  I rest easy, though, knowing there will be other more articulate rednecks
there to take my place in line.  MSM are already talking about the confrontations between the two
groups on all 3 local  channels.  heh

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 02:33:53 AM »
Traditionalist, here.
I never considered absentee ballots

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 06:50:09 AM »
ChrstnHsbndFthr, not to put to fine a point to it, but that's a really lame excuse to justify early voting.

I don't think so at all. It may not justify it overall, but based on CHF's personal experience, I think I'd vote early too.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 07:47:28 AM »
I don't vote because I live in California, and I live in a liberal district to boot. The outcomes of my district are already a foregone conclusion.