Author Topic: I voted...how many others have so far?  (Read 3284 times)

RickZ

Re: I voted...how many others have so far?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 08:18:12 AM »
ChrstnHsbndFthr, not to put to fine a point to it, but that's a really lame excuse to justify early voting.

I don't think so at all. It may not justify it overall, but based on CHF's personal experience, I think I'd vote early too.

I'm sure there are people involved in traffic accidents on the way to vote who end up in the hospital.  We have, what, 150M of voting age.  This is making an exception for 'sh*t happening' in life.  Early voting is not a good thing.  It is a progressive way to steal elections.  (Remember Gregoire in WA stealing the governorship?)  Early voting can also supress the vote as the totals are being reported now or it can let the Dems know how many votes to find in the trunk of some car.  I prefer the Russian Roulette of everybody voting on election day.  Level playing field and all that.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
ChrstnHsbndFthr, not to put to fine a point to it, but that's a really lame excuse to justify early voting.

I don't think so at all. It may not justify it overall, but based on CHF's personal experience, I think I'd vote early too.

I'm sure there are people involved in traffic accidents on the way to vote who end up in the hospital.  We have, what, 150M of voting age.  This is making an exception for 'sh*t happening' in life.  Early voting is not a good thing.  It is a progressive way to steal elections.  (Remember Gregoire in WA stealing the governorship?)  Early voting can also supress the vote as the totals are being reported now or it can let the Dems know how many votes to find in the trunk of some car.  I prefer the Russian Roulette of everybody voting on election day.  Level playing field and all that.

I prefer that too, and agree with all your points. I'm just saying that if I had experienced what CHF had experienced, I might wanna vote early too.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Mission accomplished...voted the ticket.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
I don't vote because I live in California, and I live in a liberal district to boot. The outcomes of my district are already a foregone conclusion.

Not voting (even in Ca) is a vote for obama.

I typically go to the county regestrar of voters office the Saturday before election day to vote.  I work more than 100 miles from my residence and unless I take a vacation day I am away from home on election day.
Eschew Obfuscation

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »
RE: Foreign election observers

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has warned the OSCE that Texas laws will apply, including bars on unlawful entry of polling places.

Abbott wasn’t shy as he closed his letter:

[blockquote]     Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law.
[/blockquote]

RickZ

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:00 AM »
He wasn't too shy in the middle, either.

The [Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe] may be entitled to its opinions about Voter ID laws, but your opinion is legally irrelevant in the United States, where the Supreme Court has already determined that Voter ID laws are constitutional.

Damn right, Sparky.  I do so want to rid from my Country The Den of Thieves on Turtle Bay.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 07:51:12 AM »
Eff yeah!   ::whoohoo:: 

I wish our Soros-beeoch SoS Mark Ritchie was elsewhere, I haven't heard if he's letting these OSCE punks to pester Minnesota voters, but I have the local GOP Chair on speed dial and will alert him if I see any unwanted trash at my polls!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »
UPI) -- A Hawaii World War II veteran's final ballot won't count because the 93-year-old died before Election Day, his family said.

Frank Tanabe, who served in the Military Intelligence Service during the war, had never missed voting in an election, his daughter Barbara said. Though gravely ill, Tanabe filled out his absentee ballot for the Nov. 6 election and sent it before dying Wednesday at his home, KHON-TV, Honolulu, reported.

Under Hawaii law, that ballot will not count. State law permits early voting for absentees, but stipulates the voter must be alive when polls close for the vote to count.

Lawmakers in the state acknowledge the law may need to be changed, if only for practical reasons.

"Once you've already voted, it's very difficult to fish one ballot back out," Rep. Karl Rhoads said.

link

He should have voted in Chicago.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 02:32:23 PM »
UPI) -- A Hawaii World War II veteran's final ballot won't count because the 93-year-old died before Election Day, his family said.

Frank Tanabe, who served in the Military Intelligence Service during the war, had never missed voting in an election, his daughter Barbara said. Though gravely ill, Tanabe filled out his absentee ballot for the Nov. 6 election and sent it before dying Wednesday at his home, KHON-TV, Honolulu, reported.

Under Hawaii law, that ballot will not count. State law permits early voting for absentees, but stipulates the voter must be alive when polls close for the vote to count.

Lawmakers in the state acknowledge the law may need to be changed, if only for practical reasons.

"Once you've already voted, it's very difficult to fish one ballot back out," Rep. Karl Rhoads said.

link

Yea, all this means is that they subtract one vote from the (overwhelming) dhimmicrat candidates.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »
I voted yesterday since I won't be around for election day (work). My 80 yr old FIL votes early all of the time in case he's called to heaven before his time.

Our early voting is done electronically on a little card. And after a 12 pack, it was still tempting to vote libertarian or constitution party.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »
I voted yesterday since I won't be around for election day (work). My 80 yr old FIL votes early all of the time in case he's called to heaven before his time.

Our early voting is done electronically on a little card. And after a 12 pack, it was still tempting to vote libertarian or constitution party.

Glad ya got 'er done!   ::thumbsup::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 05:27:49 AM »
I haven't . Guess I'll wait 'til election day . Ryan came through our small town yesterday on his Ohio bus tour . Nice crowd ... lots of enthusiasm .

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 09:07:13 AM »

link

Maybe he still can! 

In all seriousness, RIP Mr. Tanabe

::victory::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
I will vote on election day. I kind of enjoy doing that. It feels patriotic.
On another note. I had a friend in Arizona who voted early and took a picture of the portion of his ballot that showed he voted for Romney. He posted it on facebook. He was told by another friend that it was illegal to do that. I couldn't find anything under Arizona law that said it was illegal. I did find one for the state of South Carolina. It more or less said that you couldn't take a picture of your ballot. Is could be considered voter intimidation.
My big problem with this is that I fail to understand how it could be considered intimidation? On top of that, it is your ballot. Couldn't he rip it up if he wanted. Couldn't he just draw a big smiley face on it? I know it wouldn't register but it is his ballot. He didn't take a picture of the whole ballot just the part Presidential candidates. He did it in the booth nothing else was visible.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does anyone think that this could be challenged as an unconstitutional law. IS it illegal for him to have his ballot uncovered while walking it to the voting machine? Would it be illegal for him to walk out of the booth and wave it in the air while heading to the voting machine?
Someone help me out on this. ::thinking::
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

RickZ

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
The only guess I have is that the prohibition might be on filming in the polling precinct itself.  Of course, those laws go well back before cell phone cameras became ubiquitous.

/The Government does not like being filmed doing its 'job'.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 10:46:37 AM »
I will vote on election day. I kind of enjoy doing that. It feels patriotic.
On another note. I had a friend in Arizona who voted early and took a picture of the portion of his ballot that showed he voted for Romney. He posted it on facebook. He was told by another friend that it was illegal to do that. I couldn't find anything under Arizona law that said it was illegal. I did find one for the state of South Carolina. It more or less said that you couldn't take a picture of your ballot. Is could be considered voter intimidation.
My big problem with this is that I fail to understand how it could be considered intimidation? On top of that, it is your ballot. Couldn't he rip it up if he wanted. Couldn't he just draw a big smiley face on it? I know it wouldn't register but it is his ballot. He didn't take a picture of the whole ballot just the part Presidential candidates. He did it in the booth nothing else was visible.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does anyone think that this could be challenged as an unconstitutional law. IS it illegal for him to have his ballot uncovered while walking it to the voting machine? Would it be illegal for him to walk out of the booth and wave it in the air while heading to the voting machine?
Someone help me out on this. ::thinking::

This is the problem with government and our legislators today.  Their only purpose is to protect our rights and to punish those who violate them, so I'm baffled by the prohibition on photographing one's own ballot.  Whose rights are being violated by doing so?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 11:25:09 AM »
I don't vote because I live in California, and I live in a liberal district to boot. The outcomes of my district are already a foregone conclusion.
Vote with your gun. ::rockets::
By this I mean start the revolution, somebody somewhere has to do it. Might be me, who knows how I'm going to feel that day.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
Yeah, God forbid you take a pic of your own fricken ballot, might later prove the Soros-machines were manipulated by a Soros-minion in the DemonRat party and proof of that might prove embarassing to the cheating scum.  Would be a proper kick-off to a justified revolution IMO!

machinegun

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »
Voted today. There was a nice older gentleman outside the campaigning line who asked me if I needed any help identifying the Republican candidates. I told him no, that I knew them all, and I appreciated his grassroots work as a volunteer for the cause.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »
Voted today. There was a nice older gentleman outside the campaigning line who asked me if I needed any help identifying the Republican candidates. I told him no, that I knew them all, and I appreciated his grassroots work as a volunteer for the cause.

::USA::