Author Topic: Obongo regime still covering up resurgence of al Qaida  (Read 846 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Obongo regime still covering up resurgence of al Qaida
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »
"Weeks before the presidential election, President Barack Obama’s administration faces mounting opposition from within the ranks of U.S. intelligence agencies over what career officers say is a “cover up” of intelligence information about terrorism in North Africa.  Intelligence held back from senior officials and the public includes numerous classified reports revealing clear Iranian support for jihadists throughout the tumultuous North Africa and Middle East region, as well as notably widespread al Qaeda penetration into Egypt and Libya in the months before the deadly Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi."

http://freebeacon.com/revolt-of-the-spooks/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Obongo regime still covering up resurgence of al Qaida
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »
THIS one I did on purpose (I should have referenced the other thread, though).  I wanted a new thread to track the activities of the now miraculously resurrected al Qaeda.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »
Ahh, I get your drift.  Yes, just when we were told by Obama himself that all-Qaedder (sound Barry enough?) was all but kaput, the entire leadership gone, destroyed by Obama his Almighty-self...is resurgent.  Gosh, how'd that happen?  Easy, Obama let it happen, what else comes from appeasement, arming batshyt-crazy Muzzies, kissing Muzzie ass, bowing to Saudi kings et all, restrictive ROEs and leaving your government compounds vulnerable?

::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::gaah::   ::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »
Yes, Libertas; we were told ....

And yet ....

In short, the "it's all about AQ" theory was a convenient excuse to do nothing other than the occasional drone-kill or SEAL-kill of an identifiable AQ operative and then "Disneyfy" all other Muslim movements as people who yearn only for freedom and democracy -- even people who killed Gaddafi by "bayonet stab to the anus" or sexually assaulted Lara Logan.

And here is how much the "it's all about AQ" crowd wanted that worldview to be true.  They claimed that killing Osama turned the corner on terrorism.  Here are the words from the State Department, just this July.

The death of Usama bin Ladin, al-Qa'ida's founder and sole leader for the past 22 years, highlighted a landmark year in the global effort to counter terrorism[.] ... The loss of bin Ladin and these other key operatives puts the network on a path of decline that will be difficult to reverse.

Remember that phrase: "a path of decline that will be difficult to reverse."

And do you know what that State Department statement was based on?  A report by the National Terrorism Center that said this:

Attacks by AQ and its affiliates increased by 8 percent from 2010 to 2011.

In what universe does an increase of attacks indicate "a path of decline"?  In the same universe where an attack on a U.S. embassy in a Muslim country on September 11 was motivated by a YouTube video that no one saw.

It was just in July that the State Department said that AQ was on "a path of decline."  By September, protesters would be flying AQ's flag over our own embassies in Tunisia, Egypt, Kuwait, and Libya while chanting, "Obama, we are all Osama."  And four Americans, including our ambassador, would be killed in Libya, after which CNN ran this headline: "Pro-al Qaeda group seen behind deadly Benghazi attack."

Do we still think AQ is on a path of decline that will be difficult to reverse?  Do we still think AQ is confined to small pockets in AfPak and maybe parts of Yemen and Somalia?  Do we still think AQ itself is the only group of Muslims that thinks Allah commands Muslims to kill Americans?  Do we still think that Muslims who want to kill Americans represent just some teeny-tiny slice of the ummah?  Do we still think the "Arab Spring" is a freedom and democracy movement and not a jihadi/sharia-law/global-caliphate and anti-American movement?

I guess we can hope the answer to all those questions is "yes."  But hope is not a strategy.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/10/obamas_fog_of_war.html#ixzz2AKhABu9q