Author Topic: Is Anna Wintour pressuring designers to steer clear of Ann Romney?  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Is Anna Wintour pressuring designers to steer clear of Ann Romney?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »
Designers, stylists and fashion industry publicists routinely clamor to outfit First Lady Michelle Obama, with press releases flying out the door any time she sports a certain brand. Fashion publications praise her designer selections and several books have been published that are solely devoted to analyzing her style and taste.

However, the fashion world has remained particularly quiet on the Ann Romney fashion front, with many questioning whether or not outspoken Obama supporter Anna Wintour is keeping stylists and designers away, silently threatening their standing should they endeavor to promote their outfitting of the wife of a Republican presidential hopeful.

That's for background; here's what I found mind-boggling:

“It is just that Michelle brings such a unique, vibrant and youthful style and the average woman can see herself wearing many of her outfits, so designers want everyone to know that she is wearing their clothes,” explained entertainment/lifestyle commentator Valerie Greenberg.

... “It does not appear that Ann Romney is being snubbed by the fashion industry, but designers do seem to be employing a bit of caution in their approach of her. Perhaps it is due to the fact that we have yet to get a comprehensive glimpse into Mrs. Romney’s fashion personality, or that designers are skittish not about how she will appear in their clothes, but more importantly how she will style and accessorize them.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/23/is-anna-wintour-pressuring-designers-to-steer-clear-ann-romney/#ixzz2AA8tskWj[
 ::)    Are you kiddin' me?!

The quote about the average women wearing thier clothing is a joke. First, the average woman can't afford what they Design. It's outlandishly expensive in many cases. I know where Obama supporters shop and it ain't Saks. And from the type of supporter obummer gathers, unless you can buy those clothes with an EBT card, it ain't happening.

Just goes to show how out of touch obummer designers are when it comes to turning profit. They would choose a wookie with a no money fan base over a woman whose style and grace fits thier clientele to a tee.

But what do I know.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.