Author Topic: Who here is on Twitter?  (Read 2560 times)

CatholicCrusader

Who here is on Twitter?
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

W
ho here is on Twitter?
I'm here: https://twitter.com/TerryOfromCA

Let's hook up.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Who here is on Twitter?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
Not I.  Sorry.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »
So far I have successfully resisted the temptation (actually I haven't even been tempted). Please tell me what you find there - I'm interested in knowing.

Full disclosure: I do have a FB account but I don't really use it. And I have it locked down so tight (in addition to using a (gasp!) alias  ;D ) that most folks tell me that I'm defeating the whole purpose of even having one.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
I have a twitter account. I have tried to use it to some positive benefit, and I must confess I just can't figure out how to use it in a way that makes sense. It seems that I can login anytime and read the feed, but much beyond 20 or 30 messages, and my eyes roll back in my head.

I guess that's a long way to say I've got it, but I don't get it.

https://twitter.com/IronDioPriest
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »
I have a twitter account. I have tried to use it to some positive benefit, and I must confess I just can't figure out how to use it in a way that makes sense. It seems that I can login anytime and read the feed, but much beyond 20 or 30 messages, and my eyes roll back in my head.

I guess that's a long way to say I've got it, but I don't get it.

https://twitter.com/IronDioPriest

I saw that! Cool.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
I have several, each for a specific purpose.

I'll have to go find my list later.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »
I do not.  Don't understand it, don't really care to.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
I have several, each for a specific purpose.

I'll have to go find my list later.

I understand. Scary, but I understand . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »
I am functionally social media illiterate. 

::bus::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »
I still don't get the point, other than it seems to be a popular platform for Feral-Americans to wanting to threaten Presidential candidates.

I do Facebook a little though, even at Powerline.  Having to use a real name does keep me a little more behaved.   ::angel::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »

I do Facebook a little though, even at Powerline.  Having to use a real name does keep me a little more behaved.   ::angel::

a real name for facebook or powerline?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »
I still don't get the point, other than it seems to be a popular platform for Feral-Americans to wanting to threaten Presidential candidates.

Like anything else, it depends on who you "follow" regarding what kinds of tweets you will read. If you follow whackjobs then you will see whacky tweets. If you follow good things then you will see good tweets.

Of course, if you follow me, you'll get a mixed bag. LOL.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »

My children use it to get updates from businesses (who often tweet sales and specials), from organizations that are sponsoring events, to get observations from Adam Baldwin, etc etc. They don't use it to communicate with friends or psuedo friends  or celebrities.

I like to jump on it and add my 2 cents when there's a tread going that's bashing Obama and his stupidity.   ;D

At the stand up for religious freedom rally I went to recently one of the speakers ask anyone with a smartphone and twitter account to live tweet the event.  He said the media pays attention to such things.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:49 AM »

powerline. I use an alias for FB - and have actually posted to boards like powerline (on very rare occasions).

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »

I do Facebook a little though, even at Powerline.  Having to use a real name does keep me a little more behaved.   ::angel::

Both, I have nothing to hide.  I pretty much don't poke sticks into the monkey cage under my real name, though.  No need to attract psychos.  There are a few bona fide whack jobs there, who are easy enough to filter out.

Plus with twitter, you need a text plan to get the tweets, don't you?  I don't have, nor would I want one.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:19:36 AM by MNHawk »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
Plus with twitter, you need a text plan to get the tweets, don't you?  I don't have, nor would I want one.

I use twitter on my computer. 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
I have a real name facebook account which I use to communicate with my son while he is deployed. I try to limit the number of "friends" who are associated with it because I don't like to read about the minutia of their lives. Seriously, I don't need to know when my cousin's wife is at the grocery store and how she is trying to decide between two different brands of string beans...true story.

I also have a fake facebook account which I use for logging in and commenting on various sites. I almost never use it for anything else but if you would like the address it is:  http://www.facebook.com/max.artifice

I have a fake twitter account for more or less the same reason...I spent an evening insulting MeggieMac...it was mildly fun. I have three followers and have no idea who they are or why they are following me. The address is: https://twitter.com/MaxArtifice

And no, of course that isn't my picture. I stole it off of the web by doing an image search for "serious guy."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:49:03 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 09:19:16 AM »
I have a fake twitter account for more or less the same reason...I spent an evening insulting MeggieMac...it was mildly fun. I have three followers and have no idea who they are or why they are following me. The address is: https://twitter.com/MaxArtifice

I have about seven followers and have no idea why they are following me either. LOL. Except for IrinDioPriest, who followed me as a result of this thread.

I'll check yours out and follow you.

EDIT: Your pic looks like you're one of the MadMen.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:16:16 AM by CatholicCrusader »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »

Include me in that class. Fishing and political forums are the extent of my socializing.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:15 AM »

Include me in that class. Fishing and political forums are the extent of my socializing.

A cool thing about twitter is that when you see an article you like, you click the tweet button, and you have tweeted the articel to you followers. I like that,.