Author Topic: Just what WAS Stevens doing in Benghazi on 9/11?  (Read 7025 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Just what WAS Stevens doing in Benghazi on 9/11?
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
""Thanks to intrepid investigative reporting ... and information developed by congressional investigators, the mystery is beginning to unravel with regard to what happened that night and the reason for the subsequent, clumsy official cover-up now known as Benghazigate.

The evidence suggests that the Obama administration has not simply been engaging, legitimating, enriching and emboldening Islamists who have taken over or are ascendant in much of the Middle East. Starting in March 2011, when American diplomat J. Christopher Stevens was designated the liaison to the “opposition” in Libya, the Obama administration has been arming them, including jihadists like Abdelhakim Belhadj, leader of the al Qaeda franchise known as the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.

Once Moammar Gadhafi was overthrown, Stevens was appointed ambassador to the new Libya run by Mr. Belhadj and his friends. Not surprisingly, one of the most important priorities for someone in that position would be to try to find and secure the immense amount of armaments that had been cached by the dictator around the country and systematically looted during and after the revolution.

One of the places in Libya most awash with such weapons in the most dangerous of hands is Benghazi. It now appears that Stevens was there — on a particularly risky day, with no security to speak of and despite now copiously documented concerns about his own safety and that of his subordinates — for another priority mission: sending arms recovered from the former regime’s stocks to the “opposition” in Syria. As in Libya, the insurgents are known to include al Qaeda and other Shariah-supremacist groups, including none other than Abdelhakim Belhadj.

... Investigative journalist Aaron Klein has reported that the “consulate in Benghazi” actually was no such thing. He observes that although administration officials have done nothing to correct that oft-repeated characterization of the facility where the murderous attack on Stevens and his colleagues was launched, they call it a “mission.” What Mr. Klein describes as a “shabby, nondescript building” that lacked any “major public security presence” was, according to an unnamed Middle Eastern security official, “routinely used by Stevens and others to coordinate with the Turkish, Saudi and Qatari governments on supporting the insurgencies in the Middle East, most prominently the rebels opposing Assad’s regime in Syria.”

What have I been saying about the consulate-that-wasn't?

We know that Stevens‘ last official act was to hold such a meeting with an unidentified “Turkish diplomat.” Presumably, the conversation involved additional arms shipments to al Qaeda and its allies in Syria. It also may have involved getting more jihadi fighters there. After all, Mr. Klein reported last month that, according to sources in Egyptian security, our ambassador was playing a “central role in recruiting jihadists to fight Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria.”

It gets worse. Last week, Center for Security Policy senior fellow and former career CIA officer Clare Lopez observed that there were two large warehouse-type buildings associated with the so-called “consulate” whose purpose has yet to be disclosed. As their contents were raided in the course of the attack, we may never know for sure whether they housed — and were known by the local jihadis to house — arms, perhaps administered by the two former Navy SEALs killed along with Stevens.

What we do know is that the New York Times — one of the most slavishly pro-Obama publications in the country — reported in an Oct. 14 article, “Most of the arms shipped at the behest of Saudi Arabia and Qatar to supply Syrian rebel groups fighting the government of Bashar Assad are going to hard-line Islamic jihadists, and not the more secular opposition groups that the West wants to bolster.”

In short, it seems President Obama has been engaged in gun-walking on a massive scale. The effect has been to equip America’s enemies to wage jihad not only against regimes it once claimed were our friends, but inevitably against us and our allies as well. That would explain his administration’s desperate and now failing bid to mislead the voters through the serial deflections of Benghazigate."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/22/the-real-reason-behind-benghazigate/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:46:10 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Just what WAS Stevens doing in Benghazi on 9/11?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »
so it seems it's not just because BO is lazy and disconnected...

more and more it looks like a real coverup...of a real policy decision
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:34:41 AM »
I believe I said this several weeks ago:

What is Arabic for Fast and Furious?

Is this an Impeachable Offense?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »
When you have both the muslim brotherhood working closely with [read:  infiltrating] our State Department and a Precedent who has stated "I will stand with [muslims] should the political winds shift in an ugly direction,” anything goes.  Whenever we find out the gory details, we'll discover The Owebama Doctrine of "Redistribution" was at the heart of this scandal, this time redistributing Western weapons to the poor downtrodden jihadis in North Africa.  A reverse Iran-Contra if you will, as Owebama was trying to set up the play where he could give the jihadis weapons and trade a live ambassador for the blind sheikh (who is muslim brotherhood; OOPS there they are again!).  With Iran Contra, we were trying to raise money surreptitiously (read: black ops) by selling arms to Iran to pay some ransom, IIRC, along with funding the Nicaraguan Contras (contra Ortega, himself a commie rat bastard).  While the bureaucratic labyrinthine 'logic' was the problem, the desired outcome was a good one, though not justifiable by dealing with Iran at all.  With Benghazi, we have an Administration whose policy is to be chummy with the muslim brotherhood, to hold meetings with them, to work with them to promote the Arab Spring as some sort of spontaneous display of a desire for democracy when it's actually the complete opposite, what with all the calls for sharia now emanating from across North Africa.  I believe Owebama wanted to show his 'good faith' to the muslim brotherhood in trading the sheikh for the ambassador, who was involved in arms smuggling to the muslim brotherhood; the sheikh/ambassador trade would also increase the muslim brotherhood's stature, just as Arafart played the terrorist deiplomat and enhanced the stature of the PLO.  It was all supposed to be a neat and tidy affair as dreamed up by the smartest guy on the planet, nay galaxy, nay universe, because you just know this is all Owebama's grandiose plan as he's made his personal feelings quite clear regarding "The War on Terror" and America's policies toward The Middle East and other muslim countries.

F&F was designed to be a clarion call for gun control in the States.  Benghazi was supposed to be Owebama's shining foreign policy coup right before the election.  I bet this guy can't tie his shoes without help or he wears those velcro abominations.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:32:41 AM »
I believe Owebama wanted to show his 'good faith' to the muslim brotherhood ...

That seems to be the theme song of the Left in so many areas it isn't even funny:  if we just show 'them' we mean no harm, they'll be nice to us.

Obongo trusting 'slims -- The Brotherhood -- to live up to their end of a deal, especially when doing so would be nothing *but* good for them -- is an example of how to live a life completely devoid of a working acquaintance with reality.

And nothing as convoluted as this *alleged* plan ever goes off neat and tidy, even by the best operators, for the ranks of which Obongo doesn't qualify.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »

Obama is an anti-colonialist.
He supports anti-colonialists.
He is opposed to western culture
and is devoting his presidency to its demise. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »
I just want the SCoaMF out by any means.  Can't take much more of this shyt!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »
http://libya360.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/ambassador-stevens-documented-creation-of-benghazi-terror-emerite/

In June of 2012, the New York Times in an article titled, “C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Opposition,”

"In essence, Syria has been under invasion for nearly a year by Libyan terrorists – the very same terrorists who have overrun Benghazi and killed a US ambassador, fully facilitated by NATO. In addition to these terrorists, Turkey and the United States are also arming and funding Muslim Brotherhood militants as well as fighters from US State Department-listed Ansar al-Islam.

To explain this to the public, the Western press is claiming that the weapons are inadvertently ending up in the hands of extremists, despite the CIA operating along the border allegedly steering weapons into the hands of “more secular” militants.

"A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.

The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.

The C.I.A. officers have been in southern Turkey for several weeks, in part to help keep weapons out of the hands of fighters allied with Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups, one senior American official said. The Obama administration has said it is not providing arms to the rebels, but it has also acknowledged that Syria’s neighbors would do so. "

"The Obama administration has said ... ".  Right.

Back to Gaffney:  "We know that Stevens‘ last official act was to hold such a meeting with an unidentified “Turkish diplomat.”"

Read more: GAFFNEY: The real reason behind Benghazigate - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/22/the-real-reason-behind-benghazigate/#ixzz2AKq69Jxv

There's more at both links.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
Moving thread to "World, Foreign Affairs".

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »
Beck is talking to Mr. Woods, father of one of the fallen SEALs, his story of what the Obama Regime told him vs what is coming out about the whole thing going down being known by them real-time and no air support sent to help them has him pissed, it is a matter of "honor" that he is speaking, and he is spot on, honor!

We cannot forget what happened here, we cannot forget why it happened, and we cannot ever let it happen again.

Honor, the lives given demand nothing less!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Beck is talking to Mr. Woods, father of one of the fallen SEALs, his story of what the Obama Regime told him vs what is coming out about the whole thing going down being known by them real-time and no air support sent to help them has him pissed, it is a matter of "honor" that he is speaking, and he is spot on, honor!

We cannot forget what happened here, we cannot forget why it happened, and we cannot ever let it happen again.

Honor, the lives given demand nothing less!

Just turned this on

Beck's saying the two Seals were told to stand down

and they went anyway

You don't tell Seals not to do their duty and try to save Americans
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
Read the whole thing.  It's sickening.

"Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by officials in the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-operators-were-denied-request-for-help-during-benghazi-attack-sources-say/#ixzz2AQDPxxHS

Who exactly was "the ambassador's team"?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »
Read the whole thing.  It's sickening.

heart sick

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support...

Would like to hear from those evacuated

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »
Rush had a former LtCol on his show a little bit a go, I sat and listened to the whole thing so I could concentrate on the info, the CIF protocols would trigger repsonses to events, it is their mission to respond at the first sign of trouble (assets could come from Sigonella, Italy or Djibouti), flash traffic would have alerted these commanders, the CIA, WH Situation Room, everybody simultaneously, the only way they could be stopped is to be ordered to stand down.  What we are getting now from Panetta is bullsh*t.  Panetta is not saying he gave the stand-down order so it had to come from the White House, who in the White House gave that order we may never know unless butts are arrested and charged.  This whole thing makes me ill. In the context of what we know, it is not out of the realm of reality to see Obama wanted to not inflame the Musloids by going in with troops, even to save our own people, something every CiC is charged with doing, protecting Americans!  For SEVEN hours this went on, all the flash traffic, radio traffic, 2 drones overhead...and this White House just watched them die!  They then lied to Mr. Woods.  They lied to all of us.  We got the idiot Biden asking Mr. Woods "Has you son always had balls as big as cue balls?" as his son's casket lays in the hanger.  We get Obama going on junketts to raise campaign cash in Vegas and schmooze on late night comedy shows and all the mock outrage in the debate!  Those assets could have saved people, at least those at the annex, possibly some at the consulate, but Obama did NOTHING!  And still, what the hell is Congress doing?  NOTHING!  I cannot stand this!  All I know for sure is the wrong people died that day!

Links -

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/father-slain-seal-who-made-decision-not-save-my-son_657782.html

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/26/panetta-critics-monday-morning-quarterbacking-white-house-handling-of-libya-attack/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/joe-biden-to-father-of-former-navy-seal-killed-in-benghazi-did-your-son-always-have-balls-the-size-of-cue-balls/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:43:52 PM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
Heard all of that too, Libertas.

Found this particularly interesting ...

"... flash traffic would have alerted these commanders, the CIA, WH Situation Room, everybody simultaneously ....".

Yep.  Yet we're fed some bullsht story about three emails that sort of got lost in the flush of emails they get all day, everyday, as though we're so stupid we either don't know or can't figure out that OF COURSE they have dedicated, closed systems/communication channels for just these sorts of flash alerts.

::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »
It's all bullsh*t.  They are hoping beyond reason that people are stupid enough to buy the fog and ignore the reality.

AT has a nice rundown of this whole affair -

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/10/they_fought_for_their_lives.html

Oh, and look!  A stern letter!  Yeah, those always work!

/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/25/Boehner-Demands-Answers-From-White-House-on-Libya

::cussing::  moron!

Assess in chairs getting grilled 24/7, not a fricken letter pleading for the SCoaMF to lie his ass off on TV again!

::cussing::  fool!

Boehner needs to go, period!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Something I missed in the Fox News report that Bob Owens, PJ Tatler, pointed out:

"The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights.

The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators."

A Spectre is an AC-130U, a sweetheart of a gunship, about which you can read and see in action at the PJ Tatler link.

Owens is of the opinion there were two already in Libya, although his link doesn't back that up.  Even so, there were air assets in Italy that could have been deployed.

Now ask yourself:  what the hell was the guy doing on the roof, either "sparkling" a target or just using a laser pointer if he didn't expect air support?!

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
They say that just a fly-by completed by an F-16 at low altitude with a full burn on is usually enough to disperse a crowd of hostiles Why wasn't even this low level action authorized?  Why did they choose to do NOTHING?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
Our nation is lost if justice isn't done here.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »
There is no excuse for not sending in a Spectre to obliterate the scum, there is no excuse for not sending in support to rescue surviviors and gather our fallen, there is no excuse for failing to act, period.

And it appears all fingers are pointed directly at the White House!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/petraeus-throws-obama-under-bus_657896.html

And all the SCoaMF Obama can do is say they are looking into it and will make sure it doesn't happen again.  What a miserable lying little fvck!  You are damned right it won't happen again, because Obama is going to get his ass kicked the hell out!

::asskicking::