Author Topic: Gloria Allred's anti-Romney "October Surprise"  (Read 1497 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Gloria Allred's anti-Romney "October Surprise"
« on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:44 PM »
CANTON, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts probate judge will hold another hearing Thursday before deciding whether to unseal testimony that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave in the divorce case of Staples founder Tom Stemberg.

Ex-wife Maureen Stemberg Sullivan appeared in court Wednesday with lawyer Gloria Allred. They said they didn't object to a Boston Globe motion to lift an impoundment order on Romney's testimony in the case from the early 1990s.

... No one would say exactly what's in the testimony but it appeared to relate to financial issues.

Staples was founded with backing from Romney's firm, Bain Capital.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/2nd-hearing-set-bid-unseal-romney-testimony

Lots of buzz-words here; Mitt Romney; Staples; Bain Capital.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline robins111

Re: Gloria Allred's anti-Romney "October Surprise"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »
 That rancid hag is just a walking trouble magnet, if I was the judge, and decided they could be released, I'd require they not be opened till 2013.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
I'm guessing it will be a big nothing.  But for libs they'll think it means something like binders full of women.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:50:19 PM »
This is the type of maneuver that ousted both of Obongo's opponents in his State Senate and US Senate runs -- his lawyers went to court to get documents released; same type of cases, too, IIRC, divorces.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »
Drudge reports Allred met with Obama in LA two weeks ago after a fund-raiser.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »
This is the type of maneuver that ousted both of Obongo's opponents in his State Senate and US Senate runs -- his lawyers went to court to get documents released; same type of cases, too, IIRC, divorces.

both in Illinois and both involved a candidate's divorce and a neutered complicit republican party
I don't know that it will work this time

nothing they've tried has stuck except their own ineptitude

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:26:22 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »
I read a post somewhere about the issue. The issue centers on Romney's testimony regarding the value of Staples stock. If he said the stock had little value during the divorce hearing, and then six months later he takes Staples public, then Romney cheats the wife of a friend.

I find it amusing that Romney's team has said, "release the transcript."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »
I find it amusing that Romney's team has said, "release the transcript."

based on Romney's behavior so far I find it hard to believe there'll be much of a surprise

probably along the lines of a dog on the roof

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:46:34 PM »

I read she has a Manhattan apartment with a concierge etc.
But she wants a bigger one also she has been suing this ex
hubby for more $$$.  Poor baby.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »
I'm disgusted by the sheer corruption in the legal system, where a supposedly sealed document of a civil matter can be opportunistically opened as long as the right people demand it. In other words, a legal system chock full of Leftist activists masquerading as jurists.

I am beyond weary of the lack of consequences for this sort of thing.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
I'm disgusted by the sheer corruption in the legal system, where a supposedly sealed document of a civil matter can be opportunistically opened as long as the right people demand it. In other words, a legal system chock full of Leftist activists masquerading as jurists.

I am beyond weary of the lack of consequences for this sort of thing.

Glock were talking about Mass. here,where the hell would you find a judge that wouldn't do this. And who cares?I would have bet that Alred would trott Nicki out again for ome more cry. Screw them they're going to have to do better than this.With what FOX has been reporting on Benghazi today.

This means as much as Trump offering 5 mil. if he opens his reacors to the public.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »

JF, that $5mil is for the children, Obama's gotta do it now.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »

JF, that $5mil is for the children, Obama's gotta do it now.

If it's not for his children he has no interest in that deal at all.The only interest he has in our children is as a tax base and nothing else.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »
This is such a non-story, but the Democrat-Media Complex no doubt sees it as their only chance to throw mud, since every poll (yes, even the libiot ones) have Obama losing.

1991!  What was Barry doing in 1991?  Choom?  Blow?  Guys?  Hanging with Marxists?  Yeah, now only a complete moron can look at Romney's 20 year old testimony and Barry's depravity and see one trumping the other.  Effing pathetic, childish and utterly ridiculous!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »
Judge UNSEALS Docs,
Allred Gets Shut Down

HAH!!

"Mitt Romney's testimony in his friend's divorce case -- in which he's accused of lying under oath to screw over his friend's ex-wife -- will be unsealed today and released to the Boston Globe ... the judge has ruled.

As we first reported, Mitt testified in the divorce of Staples' founder Tom Stemberg -- and Tom's ex-wife Maureen claims Mitt lied under oath, falsely undervaluing Staples' stock in order to shaft her in the divorce.

Mitt's people have already said the Presidential hopeful doesn't care if the testimony is released -- he has nothing to hide.

Things didn't fare so well for Gloria Allred -- her request to ungag her client was shut down by the hot judge ... because Gloria never submitted an official motion to the court.

Gloria was grasping at straws in a last ditch effort to get the judge to cut her a break -- but she was shot down, hard.

The transcripts will be released to the Globe any minute.

update_bar
8:30 AM PT -- Gloria denied accusations she's a "surrogate" for the Democratic party ... who's only representing Stemberg in order to wreak havoc on the Romney campaign.

8:20 AM PT  -- During a news conference, Gloria accused the Boston Globe of pulling a "double-cross" because she says the paper abandoned its motion to have the gag order against Maureen Sullivan Stemberg lifted."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
Judge UNSEALS Docs,
Allred Gets Shut Down

HAH!!

"Mitt Romney's testimony in his friend's divorce case -- in which he's accused of lying under oath to screw over his friend's ex-wife -- will be unsealed today and released to the Boston Globe ... the judge has ruled.

As we first reported, Mitt testified in the divorce of Staples' founder Tom Stemberg -- and Tom's ex-wife Maureen claims Mitt lied under oath, falsely undervaluing Staples' stock in order to shaft her in the divorce.

Mitt's people have already said the Presidential hopeful doesn't care if the testimony is released -- he has nothing to hide.

Things didn't fare so well for Gloria Allred -- her request to ungag her client was shut down by the hot judge ... because Gloria never submitted an official motion to the court.

Gloria was grasping at straws in a last ditch effort to get the judge to cut her a break -- but she was shot down, hard.

The transcripts will be released to the Globe any minute.

update_bar
8:30 AM PT -- Gloria denied accusations she's a "surrogate" for the Democratic party ... who's only representing Stemberg in order to wreak havoc on the Romney campaign.

8:20 AM PT  -- During a news conference, Gloria accused the Boston Globe of pulling a "double-cross" because she says the paper abandoned its motion to have the gag order against Maureen Sullivan Stemberg lifted."

Lol....stupid skank.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
guess you can cancel that press conference Gloria!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
So... the documents are released, but the woman cannot speak.

Still, this gives the Boston Globe and by default the Leftist media nearly two weeks to rake Romney over the coals by insinuation. Even if the effect is nothing more than giving the media something with which to distract the public from Benghazi.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
So... the documents are released, but the woman cannot speak.

Still, this gives the Boston Globe and by default the Leftist media nearly two weeks to rake Romney over the coals by insinuation. Even if the effect is nothing more than giving the media something with which to distract the public from Benghazi.

hmmm, I just don't think it will work

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
Me either.  Romney's testimony will be made public but the woman is still gagged from contradicting what he said.