Author Topic: Man wearing Afghan National Army uniform kills American soldier - UPDATE  (Read 1673 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Oh, I see.  It's not an Afghan soldier; it's a MAN WEARING the uniform.

KABUL, Afghanistan –  A man wearing an Afghan National Army uniform opened fire on coalition troops in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing an American and wounding two others, officials said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/11/attacker-in-afghan-uniform-kills-nato-trooper/#ixzz1uaVIttGM

A total of 20 NATO soldiers have been killed by Afghan colleagues in at least 15 separate attacks so far this year.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:31:56 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Man wearing Afghan National Army uniform kills American soldier
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »

Heard a Fox reporter say 57 events.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
I am infuriated that our people are stuck over there in that retrograde medieval sh*thole. This is probably exactly what happened to the SEAL team helicopter. It was carrying some Afghan "colleagues" you know.

It's a myth when people say no one has ever managed to conquer Afghanistan. No, it's because everyone quickly realizes there's nothing worth having in that festering boil on the ass of the Earth.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »
Can't stand it.  I want out troopers home, that place was written off and it isn't worth any more of our blood.  Failure by design!  God Bless our troopers having to do their jobs under such gross incompetence, but time to leave.  They can hold their heads high, the REMF's and politicians can go hang!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
Found this interesting -

The Lords Of Darkness Count The Days
"Because of all these woes, the Taliban and drug gangs are depending even more on the departure of foreign troops in two years."

Still not convinced the Afghanization effort will ultimately succeed, but once we are out, incompetent or not that Taliban will have any easier time of it.
Not stomping out crazies wherever they are is a mistake, but soon it will be a mistake we no longer have to worry about.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"DEVELOPING -- Two U.S. troops in Afghanistan were killed after an individual wearing an Afghan National Police uniform turned his weapon on them, officials said Thursday.

The attack took place in Khas Uruzgan district. Officials are investigating the incident.

It was the latest in a string of attacks from inside the Afghan Army and police force that are threatening to undermine both the partnership with international troops -- which have been the target of many attacks -- and the morale of Afghan forces, who have suffered equally heavy casualties from such strikes.

So far this year, at least 52 foreign troops -- about half of them Americans -- have been killed in insider attacks.

The Afghan government has not provided statistics on the number of its forces killed in insider attacks. However, U.S. military statistics obtained by The Associated Press show at least 53 members of the Afghan security forces had been killed in such strikes by the end of August."

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/19913759/2-us-troops-killed-in-afghan-insider-attack

H/T Drudge
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I don't care what the rules are, somebody level a gun at me, I empty rounds into 'em, period.  Hands on/trigger ready!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I don't care what the rules are, somebody level a gun at me, I empty rounds into 'em, period.  Hands on/trigger ready!

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I don't care what the rules are, somebody level a gun at me, I empty rounds into 'em, period.  Hands on/trigger ready!

Eff yeah!   ::thumbsup::