Author Topic: Pre-Election Checklist  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Pre-Election Checklist
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »
Mods - Feel free to move this where you think most appropriate. I gave up trying to figure out is it should go in political stuff, election stuff, TEOTWAWKI stuff   ;D

I was always a slacker boy scout. Short attention span I guess. But "Be prepared" imprinted itself on at least a few of my synapses. Couple that with a long standing adherence to the axiom: "Hope for the best; plan for the worst" and you have the basis for my checklist.

I doubt that anything serious or catastrophic will happen on election day but I've also heard the rumblings. So I intend to have my ducks in a row and then hunker down on E-day. Here's my pre-election day checklist:

Making sure the shopping has been done - this ain't the time to procrastinate!
Fill every gas tank
Just like prepping for a storm, make sure you have matches, candles, flashlights and fresh batteries
I drink bottled water so make sure the jugs are filled
Have cash on hand - even if you're short on funds and have to immediately put it back (assuming nothing happens) I'll have about 2k in my pocket just in case.
If you need prescriptions arrange to get them ahead of time.
Finally, I've been adding to the woodpile so that my little house will be warm no matter what the hell happens.
Notice I didn't say anything about weapons or spare ammo or mags. That's cuz you know I've got that covered!

Additions/corrections/comments?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Pre-Election Checklist
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »
Hell, I'm not sure half the time where to put stuff myself.  I'm thinking we could pin this in "Politics/Elections" until after ....

As for precautions, I've assessed op sec and provisions the same as you and except for actually going to vote on election day, we'll be at home until Gunsmith has to go to work.  It's the following day, 11/07, that I'm more worried about, depending .....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »
helpful

the only one I'll need to remember is the cash--I don't carry a lot but when I do have it the kids seem to know it  :)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
My kids have already asked off of work for the day after...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
A couple of hours range practice, using blue helmets as targets may not be out of the question.. ::stirpot::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »

Tidy list.  A Bic lighter along with those matches in case of wetness.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »
Still need to make a quick trip to Guns and Leather. Might not have enough ammo after obummer is beaten.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
You laugh, but we had 9 constitutional amendments on our ballot. I went over them and made a cheat sheet for me and my son, who voted at the same time.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »
You laugh, but we had 9 constitutional amendments on our ballot. I went over them and made a cheat sheet for me and my son, who voted at the same time.

Not laughing at all; Gunsmith and I have done the same at times.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »

Not laughing at all; Gunsmith and I have done the same at times.

I always make a list of everyone and thing.  I don't trust them to not have it out of sorts on the actual day.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 07:46:43 AM »
A couple of hours range practice, using blue helmets as targets may not be out of the question.. ::stirpot::

Heh!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.