Author Topic: America, the battered spouse  (Read 1144 times)

Offline robins111

America, the battered spouse
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
As a Canadian, I often look with sadness at the seemingly unstoppable sliding of our friends in the US into a situation, much like an abusive domestic relationship.  Much like these situations, the movement, didn't come suddenly, but was developed with a slow, item by item drift into a situation where everything you say or do, is subject to aggression.

1) One of the common features of an abusive situation, is the aggressor blames every event on the victim, which then leads to punishment.  When you view the actions after the Libyan atrocity, the first instinct of the administration was to blame America (the movie).  It also was obvious in Bammy's apology tour, where rather than point out that he was talking to murderous thugs, he blamed the victim, (you).

2) Another common feature of dysfunctional relationship, is the abuser, actually getting the victim to buy into the  meme, that they are the cause of the abuse, its quite common to hear battered, wives,children and sometimes husbands, claim that they deserved the beatings, because of their own actions.  When you see a nation, slavishly following the PC speech codes, you see a people who have bought into the self blame dogma.  For instance, nobody blinks an eye anymore when an innocent remark, about blacks, women, Asians etc is responded to, by inappropriate levels of violence, legal action or being ostracized.

3) Restrictions on travel, relationships or personal liberties.  One common feature of an abusive relationship is the dominant partner will strictly limit the victim on whom the may associate with, restrict their ability to travel so as to limit those interactions, and forbid certain activities which gives the victim a taste of personal freedom.  By limiting your ability to travel through economic means, (you can't afford to travel) or making it as difficult or humiliating as possible (TSA anyone) or further attempts to control the one thing that sets, America apart from the world, personally owned firearms.  The last, is the one thing that gives your individuals a hope, until such time as you are forced to give up you symbol of personal freedom, you cannot truly be dominated and abused.

After 32 years in the fire services, I have responded to uncountable numbers of domestic abuse situations, in the majority of these, if it is a long term pattern, you'll see these features.

There is a very real need for your nation to throw off the abuser and move on.  Largely this can be done, by tossing the abuser out the door, the next step, is cleaning out the enablers in the system, remember, the enablers such as the TSA, EPA, and various other alphabet agencies are only the tools the abuser, don't find out like we did in Canada, that the enabler agencies were so embedded, that it'll take decades to clear them out..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: America, the battered spouse
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:43:09 AM »
Amen, Robins!   ::thumbsup::

It's that second part that is going to be a Devil!  But, God willing!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
Yours is a good analogy, and anybody paying even the least attention realizes winning the WH won't be enough; we have to broom out the enablers burrowed in and infesting our institutions.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »
Yours is a good analogy, and anybody paying even the least attention realizes winning the WH won't be enough; we have to broom out the enablers burrowed in and infesting our institutions.

That is the toughest task of all. And unless the people put immense pressure on the one party that will respond to such pressure, it will never, ever happen. Until it all collapses around our ears, that is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »

You have no idea how hard this can be, particularly after 5 decades of liberals in Canada.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:05 AM »
It's taken you 30 years to recover from your "Obama."  Trudeau.

What sucks about a Canada firing on all cylinders?  It's getting pretty expensive to visit.  Simple meals over $30 for 2, gas over $5/gallon ($1.319 liter last time I visited) Hotels all over $100.  Sticker shock!  It used to be the crappy economy and lower dollar made up for the higher taxes.  No more.

Offline robins111

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
I hear yah Hawk, and I agree with the price horror, particularly the price of gasoline, did you know that over 80% of the cost is taxes, generally at the provincial level..  hotels, meals etc are again taxed by the provinces at a sickening rate... largely to pay for social services.. 

Another thing that few Canadians will admit, is our 'free' healthcare is and was only possible, because we didn't pay for national defense, we depended on the US to cover our asses, so we had lots of money to pee into the abomination we have now.

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
Another thing that few Canadians will admit, is our 'free' healthcare is and was only possible, because we didn't pay for national defense, we depended on the US to cover our asses, so we had lots of money to pee into the abomination we have now.

Same with Europe through the Cold War.  That's why their lecturing us about such human rights matters as socialized medicine pisses me off.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
Such an excellent point re; healthcare.

It is that kind of real-world observation that puts the liberal ideology to the lie.

Even in a nation with a skeletal and externally dependent military, natonal healthcare cannot be made to work efficiently.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »

It is that kind of real-world observation that puts the liberal ideology to the lie.

Even in a nation with a skeletal and externally dependent military, natonal healthcare cannot be made to work efficiently.

::gaah::

That's because "central planning" anything is doomed to failure.

::gaah::

You'd *think* somebody wudda learned that by now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline robins111

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »

Basic honesty makes me admit this fact, its real easy to pretend to be all peaceful and progressive, when you don't have to worry, cause someone else has your back, your sides, above you, etc.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »

Same with Europe through the Cold War.  That's why their lecturing us about such human rights matters as socialized medicine pisses me off.

NATO ought to be folded!  Basing rights in lieu of pay, as we need it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »

Basic honesty makes me admit this fact, its real easy to pretend to be all peaceful and progressive, when you don't have to worry, cause someone else has your back, your sides, above you, etc.

All in all Canada has been a good neighbor, something we cannot always say for some of our pals across the pond.   ::thumbsup::   ::USA::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
Great analogy. I may "borrow" it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »
Amen, Robins!   ::thumbsup::

It's that second part that is going to be a Devil!  But, God willing!   ;)

!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »

NATO ought to be folded!  Basing rights in lieu of pay, as we need it.

No, they should still pay us too.  Armys are not cheap.  The Romans made the occupied territorys pay tribute (taxes) + feed tand house he troops.  If we are going to risk our young to protect those who choose not to protect themselves there needs to be compensation.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »
Great analogy. I may "borrow" it.

I would like to use it too, if thats OK with you.  I'll give you credit.
Eschew Obfuscation