Author Topic: U.N. Human Rights Council Calls for Boycott of U.S. Companies  (Read 1528 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
U.N. Human Rights Council Calls for Boycott of U.S. Companies
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
U.N.'s war on Israel puts American economy in crosshairs

The Washington Free Beacon has obtained a report soon to be released by the United Nations that calls for an international campaign of legal attacks and economic warfare on a group of American companies that do business in Israel, including Hewlett-Packard, Caterpillar Inc., and Motorola Solutions Inc.

The Human Rights Council (HRC), a body dominated by Islamic countries and known for its hostility to, and heavy focus on, the Jewish State, issued the report. The George W. Bush administration refused to participate in the HRC, but President Barack Obama joined it soon after taking office. Members of the HRC include infamous human rights abusers such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Libya, China, and Cuba.

The Obama-approved body maintains a “Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories [sic].” The current rapporteur is American college professor Richard Falk, a 9/11 “truther” who once posted an anti-Semitic cartoon on his personal blog.

... The report attempts to instigate a campaign of boycott, divestment, sanctions, and legal action against a litany of international companies doing business in Israel. In addition to American companies, the U.N. targets include major European firms such as Veolia Environnement, Group 4 Security, the Dexia Group, the Volvo Group.

“The costs to companies and businesses of failing to respect international humanitarian law are considerable,” the report warns, “including damage to a company’s public image, impact on shareholder decisions and share price and could result in employees being criminally responsible for rights abuses.”

The report warns American employees of targeted companies that they face legal risks.

“Employees of companies can face investigation and prosecution for human rights violations committed irrespective of where the violation was committed.”

In addition to legal action against American employees of targeted companies, the Special Rapporteur “concludes that all companies that operate in or otherwise have dealings with Israeli settlements should be boycotted.” The companies should ”be prepared to accept any consequences—reputation, financial, or legal—of continuing operations.”

Should the companies continue doing business in Israel, the Human Rights Council “calls on civil society to actively pursue legal and political redress against non-complying business” and “to vigorously pursue initiatives to boycott, divest and sanction the businesses highlighted in this report” and “calls on the international community to consider requesting an advisory opinion from the International Court of Justice” to punish the businesses.

I want Falk and the rest of these despicable cretins dead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: U.N. Human Rights Council Calls for Boycott of U.S. Companies
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »

Should the companies continue doing business in Israel, the Human Rights Council “calls on civil society to actively pursue legal and political redress against non-complying business” and “to vigorously pursue initiatives to boycott, divest and sanction the businesses highlighted in this report” and “calls on the international community to consider requesting an advisory opinion from the International Court of Justice” to punish the businesses.
::laughonfloor:: ::rolllaughing:: ::laughonfloor:: 
                       Further proof academicians have not a clue about business.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »
  Sone day there will be somebody to slap the taste right out of their mouths. God help me I hate those frauds.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline robins111

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 07:18:39 AM »
Canada and Israel just demanded this pus bags resignation.   ::laserkill::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 07:20:33 AM »
Canada and Israel just demanded this pus bags resignation.   ::laserkill::

GOOD!  Caterpillar and the rest of the companies' CEOs should do the same!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:14 AM »
"I want Falk and the rest of these despicable cretins dead."

And how.  Their time is drawing short.  Soon, very soon, this ilk will be reap what they sowed.

"Canada and Israel just demanded this pus bags resignation."

Thank God there are two nations with sense left in the world!   ::thumbsup::

All companies should resist these despicable frauds!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »
I didn't realize anyone paid attention to the UN.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
I think it's especially funny that they have a hate-on for Caterpillar.  It was a Caterpillar that flattened St. Pancake, the Patron Saint of Roadkill.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »

I always keep close tabs on my enemies.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
I think it's especially funny that they have a hate-on for Caterpillar.  It was a Caterpillar that flattened St. Pancake, the Patron Saint of Roadkill.

Good thing that stuff washes off, hate to think of an innocent piece of equipment having to have that stuff stuck on it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »

I always keep close tabs on my enemies.

;)   ::thumbsup::