Author Topic: Happy Birthday - Posted by Ann Barnhardt  (Read 1146 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Happy Birthday - Posted by Ann Barnhardt
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »
From October 27, 2012:

"Today is my 36th birthday.

Today is also the day that the IRS confiscated my bank account. I think that is positively poetic. Now you people know why I keep saying that this website won't be around much longer and YOU will have to rebuild after the collapse and war. This isn't a game. This is completely, totally real.

I heard it said recently that saints are people who put their money where their mouth is. I hope that's right. I pray that's right.

Here is this morning's online image from my Wells Fargo personal checking account. I anticipate the business accounts will be drained early next week, too. I further expect that any monies that I attempt to deposit into any of my bank accounts will be swept by the IRS. They claim my "bill" is into the six figures, so $20,000 to them is just the very, very beginning.

They will also be coming after my car and my home.

I'm glad I bought a year's worth of freeze-dried food. Looks like I'm going to be needing it. But today, for my birthday, today will be a DOUBLE bacon cheeseburger day. And a strawberry malted.

Judge me, O God, and distinguish my cause from the nation that is not holy: deliver me from the unjust and deceitful man. For Thou art God, my strength: why hast Thou cast me off? And why do I go sorrowful whilst the enemy afflicteth me? Send forth Thy light and Thy truth: they have conducted me, and brought me unto Thy holy hill, and into Thy tabernacles. And I will go in to the altar of God: to God who giveth joy to my youth. To Thee, O God my God, I will give praise upon the harp; why art thou sad, O my soul? And why dost thou disquiet me? Hope in God, for I will still give praise to him: the salvation of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 42 (Psalm 43 in Protestant Bibles)"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Happy Birthday - Posted by Ann Barnhardt
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
I wish the d!cks in DC had the b@lls that lady's got.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
A modern day Joan of Arc, hope the outcome is a lot better though, that girl needs to stay active!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »
Now, I don't know the "facts" behind then IRS levy of Ann Barnhardt's accounts. It is possible that she owes several thousand dollars in taxes. All that being said, is it just me or do I find the heavy hand of then IRS coming down on outspoken conservatives as a sort of "message"?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
Now, I don't know the "facts" behind then IRS levy of Ann Barnhardt's accounts. It is possible that she owes several thousand dollars in taxes. All that being said, is it just me or do I find the heavy hand of then IRS coming down on outspoken conservatives as a sort of "message"?

She said she was not paying any more taxes, so, yes, she probably owes them.  And, she said she knew they'd be coming for her, but she was going to do it anyway.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »
I believe she said they were immoral for using her tax money to fund the slaughter of innocents.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
She has said that, yes. She has also said she does not expect to survive the next few years.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
I am surprised Ann left any money in a bank account to be confiscated. Maybe its part of her "ride out to meet them strategy.

It would make more sense if she took the money from all of the accounts, put it in a safe in her home and told the IRS just where it was, and told them to come a get it.
And then when they come, she can get her shoot out and martyrdom. I have no confidence that  salvation is mine, and don't think going to an early reward is going to pay off for me. I will just Go Galt quietly and legally. Eat, Drink and be merry on the public dollar and wait for the collapse to wipe these morons from power, and hopefully from history.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:34:23 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »
I am surprised Ann left any money in a bank account to be confiscated. Maybe its part of her "ride out to meet them strategy.

Not so smart for a smart lady like Ann. The problem in this situation is you have several thousand dollars of checks outstanding and they all get returned "ISF." Holders of large returned checks have no recourse but to pursue Ann in Civil Court, or take their chances in Criminal Court trying to prove she knew she was writing a check with no funds.

I don't get it. Rational people seek out the counsel of an experienced bankruptcy attorney. If she files a 13 or 7, collection efforts stop an d in many cases, the IRS must refund any money collected until the judge sorts it out.

I don't get it.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:32:15 AM »

Not so smart for a smart lady like Ann. The problem in this situation is you have several thousand dollars of checks outstanding and they all get returned "ISF." Holders of large returned checks have no recourse but to pursue Ann in Civil Court, or take their chances in Criminal Court trying to prove she knew she was writing a check with no funds.

I don't get it. Rational people seek out the counsel of an experienced bankruptcy attorney. If she files a 13 or 7, collection efforts stop an d in many cases, the IRS must refund any money collected until the judge sorts it out.

I don't get it.

The legal system is corrupt, I think bankruptcy court goes against her principles and the point of her stand, one could argue the irrational person is the person willing to subjugate themselves, their beliefs and principles to a corrupt state and that the rational person should be 100% opposed to that no matter the cost to person or possessions.  Ann went all in, no compromise.  Girl got guts and won't back down from her principles, gotta admire that.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »

Ann had a post about it... A number of people were emailing her with advice on attorneys, bankruptcy, etc, and she replied she was "Riding out to meet them"- just not paying taxes and letting the chips fall where they may-but she is making it too easy for them IMO. Once she didn't respond -some computer at the IRS probably emptied the bank accounts..no person probably looked at it for more than 10 seconds. I am sure she didn't (intentionally) write bad checks, and anyone doing business with Ann at this point <should> know enough to demand cash. However given Ann's stance, making it easy seems counter productive.  I certainly wouldn't make it that easy for them. Yeah, I have the funds, but you have to come take them in an armed raid--you bettcha that would take more than 10 seconds of IRS  time.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »
I suspect Ann knew exactly what she was doing by leaving the money where the IRS could get it.  For months, she's been telling everybody to put their money into hard goods, in their possession where it can be defended.

She's not stupid or negligent; I suspect she has a plan.  As far as making it easy "for them", I dunno; we'll see.

I seem to be saying that a lot these days, "we'll see".