Author Topic: My proposals for election reform and voter reform  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Larry H

• Newb
  • Libertarian
My proposals for election reform and voter reform
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:44:05 PM »
ELECTIONS 
Organize for a conservative agenda, a Conservative Party. 
People are hypnotized by their rhetorical phrases and do not think.  Presenting the negative consequences of their policies brings either immediate denial or a stupefying silence. 
New, independent voices may be able to bring the discussions outside the circle of democrat and republican slogans and rhetoric. 
Be realistic, “Mr. Perfect” and “None-of-the-Above” are not on the ballot. 

ELECTION and VOTER REFORMS: 
To promote local control of local elections by resident adult voter citizens these reforms can be implemented.

(1) Presenting your photo ID for inspection and matching at the precinct site on one, single day of voting for the able-bodied voter for local, city, county, state and national elections. 

(2) Indelible purple ink finger tip (if sans fingers, in another place) as proof of voting in that election, once and only once. 

(3) If you can’t vote (in that election) then you can’t contribute --- money, gifts, in-kind donations of goods and services, child labor, non-residents, outside interests, corporations, political action committees (PACs).  Money is property, not free speech!  Supreme Court Case needed. 

(4) Members of secret organizations may not run for public office.  (There are several groups that should be listed.) 

(5A) Restrict permanent absentee ballots to people deployed away in the military and for the medically or physically infirm voter. 

(5B) Single absentee ballots to be issued at Registrar of Voters office, upon presentation of ones photo ID and taking and collecting a photo and thumbprint (or a second means of ID) of the voter. 

(6) Purge county voter rolls/roster of non-voters and non-residents every 4 to 6 years. 

(7) Arrest and prosecute fraudulent registrations for perjury and fraudulent voters and fraudulent IDs. 

(8) Thirty days residency to qualify to vote in the new precinct. 
Provisional ballot status for people who moved to another local precinct. 

(9) Promote English language literacy.

2-2-1008 Larry H.
“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics doesn't take an interest in you.” --- Pericles, 430 B.C.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: My proposals for election reform and voter reform
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:50:52 PM »
Our electoral system is heavily biased toward two parties.

Third parties with any significant support guarantee victory to the party that they are least aligned with.

The solution is to organize and effect the greatest influence over one of the two parties. The Democrats have done this to the point of excluding all but the furthest leftwing elements. That's actually a losing strategy for them since they are purposefully making themselves more and more fringe.

Creating a conservative party that would compete with the Republican party for conservative votes is a losing strategy.

Or do you disagree?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:52:54 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »
ELECTIONS 
Organize for a conservative agenda, a Conservative Party. 
People are hypnotized by their rhetorical phrases and do not think.  Presenting the negative consequences of their policies brings either immediate denial or a stupefying silence. 
New, independent voices may be able to bring the discussions outside the circle of democrat and republican slogans and rhetoric. 
Be realistic, “Mr. Perfect” and “None-of-the-Above” are not on the ballot. 

ELECTION and VOTER REFORMS: 
To promote local control of local elections by resident adult voter citizens these reforms can be implemented.

(4) Members of secret organizations may not run for public office.  (There are several groups that should be listed.) 

I hope you're not including Freemasons . If so , I wouldn't be allowed to run for office ( as if I wanted to ) ... Even George Washington would have been inelligible . Please clarify this for me .

Offline Larry H

• Newb
  • Libertarian
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
The time and place to press for Conservative values and policies, a Conservative agenda is before and in the Republican primary elections.

Are the Freemasons a secret society?
If yes, then the candidate would need to withdraw and suspend their membership therein.

A further topic: the rights responsibilities of citizenship, civics education, and patriotism.

First on my agenda is the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the 14th Amendment leading to anchor baby citizenship. I believe the case was wrongly decided. Will it take a Constitutional Amendment to clarify the issue or a Conservative Republican president to nominate several Conservative Justices to that court (to replace Ruth B. Ginzberg, et. al.)?

“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics doesn't take an interest in you.” --- Pericles, 430 B.C.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25:52 PM »
The time and place to press for Conservative values and policies, a Conservative agenda is before and in the Republican primary elections.

If yes, then the candidate would need to withdraw and suspend their membership therein.

A further topic: the rights responsibilities of citizenship, civics education, and patriotism.

First on my agenda is the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the 14th Amendment leading to anchor baby citizenship. I believe the case was wrongly decided. Will it take a Constitutional Amendment to clarify the issue or a Conservative Republican president to nominate several Conservative Justices to that court (to replace Ruth B. Ginzberg, et. al.)?

Not on board with that; it would infringe on the right of free association.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

It's not secret if you're a member . Some pretty fine Americans are and have been members . You might want to re-think that one . Withdrawl or suspension is out of the question !

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:53:40 PM »
I agree.  Equating Freemasons to the more nefarious outfits out there that pose a real threat is not something I will sanction, and to do so would be to condemn most of our illustrious Founders as something they were not.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
Although I happen to be a Freemason ( York Rite ) I don't think anyone on this site could accuse my posts of having been conspiratorial ... obscene maybe ... crass probably ... but cospiratorial ? Never !

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »
Yeah, no sweat SH!

Say, what time does the meeting start?

Just kidding!   ;D

Or am I?   ::speechless::

::stirpot::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 01:47:44 PM »

Sorry Larry that bit is nonsense.If you were talking subversive I would listen. Secret would mean that they could not even belong to the Knights of Columbus and other such groups.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 01:57:54 PM »

Say, what time does the meeting start?

Just kidding!   ;D

1900 HRS and don't forget your sheet !

Just kidding to !  ;D   ::stirpot::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »
(4) Members of secret organizations may not run for public office.

Can I ask the obvious question? Then I'll hang up and listen off the air.

How would anyone know if someone running for public office was a member of a secret organization?
 ::pokeineye:: ::beertoast:: ::stirpot:: ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 03:31:35 PM »
(4) Members of secret organizations may not run for public office.

Can I ask the obvious question? Then I'll hang up and listen off the air.

How would anyone know if someone running for public office was a member of a secret organization?
 ::pokeineye:: ::beertoast:: ::stirpot:: ::exitstageleft::

::rolllaughing::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
The right of free association is as fundamental as the right to free speech and the right to keep and bear arms. Plus we're at a time when those of us who seek to restore the Republic might damn well need a few secret organizations!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 02:03:04 AM »
Are you a member of a secret society, Larry?

Because if you are then you can't post here.

It's one of our secret rules.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »
isn't the Fed a secret organization? totally dark?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 04:55:37 PM »
The astronomy writer Guy Ottewell has written a pamphlet called "Approval Voting".  In his system you can cast one vote for each candidate running in an election.  If you vote for every candidate, then your votes cancel each other out and it's exactly the same as not voting.

Say there's an election between a Democrat, a RINO Republican, and a Libertarian.  You certainly don't want the Democrat to win, and find it extremely distasteful to vote for the RINO.  But if enough Republicans vote for the Libertarian, the Democrat will win.  Under our current system, you would have to pick one or stay home.

With approval voting, you can vote once for each candidate.  So you can cast a vote for the RINO and a vote for the Libertarian.  This completely eliminates the "throwing away your vote" argument.  You can walk away from the voting booth with your head held high, knowing that you did the best you could and didn't violate your principles.

Likewise, a liberal could vote for the Democrat and the Communist (but I repeat myself).   ;D

Here's the link to buy the pamphlet.
Here's the link to read the full text online.

I think it's a great idea, so it doesn't stand a chance of being implemented.  I also like the purple ink as well.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:03:15 PM by rickl »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
OK, moving on.  ::smalldeadhorse::

(5A) Restrict permanent absentee ballots to people deployed away in the military and for the medically or physically infirm voter.

I was an absentee voter by choice until my state went all mail-in balloting. The potential for fraud is too great and the proclivity of dhimmicrats to cheating is too prevalent. At this point I would gladly give up the mail-in ballot in order to regain even a sliver of confidence that elections in my state aren't actively being rigged.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
Yeah, how often have we heard "a bag of uncounted ballots was found in such-and-such precinct"? And they're magically always in favor of Democrats!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly