Author Topic: My proposals for election reform and voter reform  (Read 2739 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: My proposals for election reform and voter reform
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
Absentee and mail-in ballots are massive opportunities for fraud.  I'm sick and tired of the notion that we have to bend over backwards to make it "easier" to vote.

If you can't get off your ass and go to the polling place on Election Day, then too damn bad.  I don't want you voting.

Absentee ballots should be strictly restricted to people who physically can't go to the polling place for some legitimate reason, like a handicap or overseas on military duty.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »
The whole movement to "get out the vote" is for the benefit of liberalism, because the sort of people who aren't self-motivated and informed enough to vote without being prodded are a natural constituency group for the Dhims.

"Rock the Vote", "Motor Voter", and so on. It's all designed to draw in people who really shouldn't be voting. It's an affront to the sacrifices made so that we can actually have elections, for voting to be reduced to some trendy pop culture phenomenon no different from texting your choice to American Idol.

Another thing that needs to be eliminated is provisional balloting and last minute registration. If you can't take it upon yourself to be properly registered in your local district in advance of an election, then too damn bad.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
If you can't take it upon yourself to be properly registered in your local district in advance of an election, then too damn bad.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 04:18:22 AM »
The whole movement to "get out the vote" is for the benefit of liberalism, because the sort of people who aren't self-motivated and informed enough to vote without being prodded are a natural constituency group for the Dhims.

Through organized labor and outfits like ACORN the liberal / lefties still resort to the time honored practice of buying votes . The method varies but the result is the same .