Author Topic: AFRICOM Commander Replaced Oct. 18. WHY?  (Read 3952 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
AFRICOM Commander Replaced Oct. 18. WHY?
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2012/10/benghazis-smoking-gun-obama-replaces.html

BENGHAZI'S SMOKING GUN: OBAMA REPLACES AFRICOM'S COMMANDER
VIA GLENN REYNOLDS:

AS THE RETIRED MILITARY MAN WHO CALLED INTO RUSH EARLIER IN THE WEEK RELATED, AFRICOM HAS RESPONSIBILITY FOR LIBYA - AND, (AS ALL REGIONAL COMMANDS HAVE), HAD A RAPID RESPONSE FORCE READY TO INSERT INTO BENGHAZI.

NOW COMES NEWS THAT ON THE 18TH OF OCTOBER, OBAMA OFFICIALLY RELIEVED THE AFRICOM COMMANDER WHO WAS IN COMMAND ON 9/11/12 - GENERAL HAM, AND REPLACED HIM WITH GENERAL RODRIGUEZ.

THE RUMOR IS THAT WHEN GENERAL HAM RECEIVED THE ORDER FROM WASHINGTON TO STAND DOWN, HE DISOBEYED THE ORDER AND COMMANDED HIS FORCE TO TAKE ACTION TO SAVE THE AMBASSADOR.

AND THEN HIS SECOND IN COMMAND COUNTERMANDED HAM'S ORDER, OBEYED WASHINGTON AND MADE THE FORCE STAND DOWN.

IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN IT LEADS DIRECTLY TO PANETTA AND DEMPSEY AND THE WHITE HOUSE.

STAY TUNED.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: AFRICOM Commander Replaced Oct. 18. WHY?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »
SECDEF Panetta weighs in:

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta said, according to The Associated Press. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

They why "retire" Gen. Ham, Mr. Secretary?
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
Farging bastages!  If your getting sacked anyway I sure would like to see the General speak out!

We all know Obama made the call, stop effing lying to us!  Somebody tell the damned truth!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »

Well, the CIC must be certain flag officers obey every command.  Jano?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
AND THEN HIS SECOND IN COMMAND COUNTERMANDED HAM'S ORDER, OBEYED WASHINGTON AND MADE THE FORCE STAND DOWN.

Sonofa ....... then the head of this "perfumed prince" needs to roll as well.

Goldammy!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
Our system is at a breaking point. Civilly, militarily, culturally, it's all breaking down. Right now we are witnessing a government whose operating principle is "oh yeah? watch us". And so we do. And point impotently at words on parchment as if they have some intrinsic power.

"Just following orders" was not an excuse for the Nazis, and it won't be for anyone else either.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »

Sonofa ....... then the head of this "perfumed prince" needs to roll as well.

Goldammy!

Yeah.  But we both know he'll be slated for fast-track to the top if Obama stays in power.  Mindlessly following orders that kill our own people is a career enhancer for Obamians.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
Our system is at a breaking point. Civilly, militarily, culturally, it's all breaking down. Right now we are witnessing a government whose operating principle is "oh yeah? watch us". And so we do. And point impotently at words on parchment as if they have some intrinsic power.

"Just following orders" was not an excuse for the Nazis, and it won't be for anyone else either.

Yes, I guess the concept of lawful orders, ethics and consequences is deleted from leadership matriculation.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
From Free Republic:

The latest rumor making the rounds is that Barack Obama replaced General Carter Ham at Africom after the general made a move to help the US security officials at the Benghazi consulate and annex. Ham was replaced by Gen. David Rodriquez on October 18. Tiger Droppings reported:

The information I heard today was that General [Carter] Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham’s place as the head of Africom.

Sure enough Obama nominated Gen. David Rodriguez to replace Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command. The Stars and Stripes reported:

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

Both appointments must be confirmed by the Senate.

Rodriguez is the commander of U.S. Army Forces Command and has served in a “variety of key leadership roles on the battlefield,” Panetta said.

He’s “a proven leader” who oversaw coalition and Afghan forces during the surge in Afghanistan, and “was the key architect of the successful campaign plan that we are now implementing,” Panetta said.

In announcing Ham’s successor, Panetta also praised the work Ham has done with Africa Command.

“Gen. Ham has really brought AFRICOM into a very pivotal role in that challenging region,” Panetta said. “I and the nation are deeply grateful for his outstanding service.”

Hat Tip Tom

More… The Obama Administration also relieved the admiral in command of an aircraft carrier strike group in the Middle East, Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette. It is highly unusual for the Navy to replace a carrier strike group commander during its deployment. The Stars and Stripes reported:

The Navy said Saturday it is replacing the admiral in command of an aircraft carrier strike group in the Middle East, pending the outcome of an internal investigation into undisclosed allegations of inappropriate judgment.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette is being sent back to the USS John C. Stennis’ home port at Bremerton, Wash., in what the Navy called a temporary reassignment. The Navy said he is not formally relieved of his command of the Stennis strike group but will be replaced by Rear Adm. Troy M. Shoemaker, who will assume command until the investigation is completed.

It is highly unusual for the Navy to replace a carrier strike group commander during its deployment.

Ace of Spades says the move to replace Rear Adm. Charles Baouette is likely not related to Benghazi.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2951223/posts
--------------

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
We will find out AFTER the election why Gen, Carter Ham was sacked. I did find this little nugget over at Gateway Pundit:

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

Both appointments must be confirmed by the Senate.

Gen. Rodriguez will be required to testify UNDER OATH. This is gonna get really, really good, whether or not Pres. Choom wins a second term.
--------------

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »

"and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps"

Air Force? Air Force? Air Force?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

This is an entertaining read.

This GRU (Foreign Military Intelligence Main Directorate - Russia) report, however, states that Admiral Gaouette’s firing by President Obama was due to this strike force commander disobeying orders when he ordered his forces on 11 September to “assist and provide intelligence for” American military forces ordered into action by US Army General Carter Ham, who was then the commander of the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), against terrorist forces attacking the American Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »

This is an entertaining read.

This GRU (Foreign Military Intelligence Main Directorate - Russia) report, however, states that Admiral Gaouette’s firing by President Obama was due to this strike force commander disobeying orders when he ordered his forces on 11 September to “assist and provide intelligence for” American military forces ordered into action by US Army General Carter Ham, who was then the commander of the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), against terrorist forces attacking the American Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

I am not sure the GRU is my go-to source in many things, but in this case I think there is a strong likelihood that my suspicions were correct, notwithstanding the GRUs fantasy headline of a brewing military coup, hyperbople to be sure, the kind of coup needed I doubt there are flag officers with stones big enough to carry it thorugh.

Many sites seem to be fired up about this.  The Gen. Ham situation is definitely a big eff'n deal, the Admiral issue is still clouded.

http://twg2a.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/benghazi-coverup-scandal-obama-regime-getting-rid-of-military-brass-to-hide-scandal/

http://twg2a.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/benghazi-coverup-scandal-obama-regime-canning-military-brass-uss-stennis-rear-admiral-charles-m-gaouette/

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/10/27/questionable-reports-africom-general-ham-and-rear-admiral-gaouette-replaced-rumored-cover-connection-to-benghazi-slaughter/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/top-africom-leader-general-carter-ham-was-never-ordered-to-save-us-men-in-benghazi-video/

The issue of the Stennis being transitioned from the 3rd Fleet (West Cost) to 7th Fleet W.Pacific on 9-11 may or may not be an issue.  Certainly the "flash" traffic that day would not have been missed by the Stennis battle group, so it is entirely possible the Admiral may have said something to warrant the attention of pencil-pushing political weanies back in DC.  You just do not recall a strike commander mid-deployment for no damn reason!  And it was not announced he was releived until on station in the North Arabian Sea when Stennis relieved Enterprise, so some continuing "chatter" of the Benghazi affair could have taken place.  Perhaps it was the sacking of Gen. Ham that pushed the Admiral to do/say something.  I still say there is a very strong possibility the two cases are connected.  And it appears Obama is using force to quash all loose talk until the election is over, or perhaps permanently.  Congress needs to get Ham & Gaouette depositioned ASAP or whatever cover up Obama is up to will be locked down!

So far all we have is talk out of pol's!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/republicans-tee-libya_658031.html

::cussing::  talk! ANybody can do that!  I want ACTION  goldammy!!!   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::gaah::  ::gaah::  ::gaah::

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:04:14 AM by Libertas »

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 08:47:01 AM »
OK. Nothing will happen prior to election. MSM will play "keep away" and not even discuss this.

I hope John "pink undies" McCain will grow some stones and play hard ball for the next ten days. Or Lindsay.

(Sheesh, is this the best we got or does the MSM know what a couple of panty waists JM and LG are.
--------------

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
OK. Nothing will happen prior to election. MSM will play "keep away" and not even discuss this.

I hope John "pink undies" McCain will grow some stones and play hard ball for the next ten days. Or Lindsay.

(Sheesh, is this the best we got or does the MSM know what a couple of panty waists JM and LG are.

I guess the MFM would rather risk having the First Black Prez impeached and removed in a second term than have the truth come out now that could avoid that mess, the MFM being ever so concious of what is always in the best interest of the nation, dontchyaknow?!

/

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »

The storm will help him disappear this dust up.

And I suspect, "and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps", also, is part of his problem.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
From Charles's conservativetreehouse link:
General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

This one hit me like a brick. Think about it for a moment. You're not a privileged member of the inner circle but you are a high-ranking officer and an important player in our military. Your record is spotless and you are highly regarded by all around you.  If you were to disobey a direct order from your boss, how long do you suppose it would take for him to respond, and in what way do you suppose it would come? How about if he was on the other side of the world? 30 seconds to a minute?!

IMO, what this means is that they were primed for him (General Ham) to disobey and had prepped his 2nd in command to relieve him. There is not a single time in the Øbozo regime where they have acted so quickly or so resolutely. Never. What does this tell you about where their collective heads are at (besides up their own butts)?

I hope to God to hear more from General Ham.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »

This one hit me like a brick. Think about it for a moment. You're not a privileged member of the inner circle but you are a high-ranking officer and an important player in our military. Your record is spotless and you are highly regarded by all around you.  If you were to disobey a direct order from your boss, how long do you suppose it would take for him to respond, and in what way do you suppose it would come? How about if he was on the other side of the world? 30 seconds to a minute?!

IMO, what this means is that they were primed for him (General Ham) to disobey and had prepped his 2nd in command to relieve him. There is not a single time in the Øbozo regime where they have acted so quickly or so resolutely. Never. What does this tell you about where their collective heads are at (besides up their own butts)?

I want to know who this "second in command" is.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 11:40:11 AM »

I want to know who this "second in command" is.

Indeed, and to 'Soup's point it could be this was anticipated (the potential act, not the specific circumstances) and the #2 was appointed to this posting just in case, but the General had to have seen the writing on the wall in that event, I would be surprised if he didn't have concerns about his XO leading up to this.  This whole thing stinks to high heaven, not since the revolt of the admirals have such levels of distrust existed in the upper brass.  And remember, Obama's had close to 4 years to reshape leadership  and move people around and the purging in the middle levels that have rippled through each branch.  If the SCoaMF is not booted out of office I fear the damage could be rather long lasting and possibly catastrophic!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
Reminds me of the USSR, where every military unit had an undercover political officer from the KGB.  It's as if the regime has seeded commands with such operatives.  30 seconds?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly