Author Topic: I see only two possibilities re; Sandy & the election  (Read 908 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I see only two possibilities re; Sandy & the election
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
Never let a crisis go to waste. Never pass up an opportunity to agitate the opposition's outrage at your audacity. Contempt for the constitution and rule of law can be demonstrated, so long as the contempt can be justified in even the thinnest of ways. All tenets of Obama's presidency.

The storm on the East coast provides Obama one last opportunity to salvage his re-election. Does anyone think he'll pass it up? I don't. I see two possibilities.

1) Obama suspends the elections under the auspices of preventing the disenfranchisement of storm victims, and casts any who oppose him as their victimizers. In the face of outrage, he'll attempt to use the time to gin up public outrage against Romney and the GOP for politicizing the storm and its victims, and the media will be in lockstep.

2) The election goes on as planned, and an avalanche of disenfranchisement lawsuits ensue, holding the country hostage and further eroding the public's confidence in the electoral process and the result it yields.

Either way, I am going on record now saying that this election is going to be a clusterf**k that will tear the country apart, and it will be so at the hands of Barack Hussein Obama, egging his followers on to "bigger and better" things.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: I see only two possibilities re; Sandy & the election
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:59:43 PM »
I'm sure'll he try SOMETHING, but I don't look for it to be effective. The people are tired of his SH!T!!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:35 PM »

Absolutely, well, at least, totally probable with our
walking clusterf**k claws dug into his marble throne
not to be pried loose by common man.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »
I don't see it.  The election will be held, there will be some efforts to gin up resistance to the result should he lose, but I don't see them gaining much traction, if any.

Mark Levin said tonight on the radio that if Obongo tries postponing the election, he'll be on the radio calling for a march on DC.

We'll see.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
Politico is already setting the stage

Maybe that HARRP weather control machine works eh?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »
I ask myself, from his perspective, what are the downsides for Obama ordering the election delayed, and forcing some states and the GOP to oppose him?

We already know he holds the nation in contempt. We already know he seeks any opportunity to divide. He's facing what appears to be an electoral trouncing next Tuesday. They have to be feverishly looking at every option to prevent it. He's demonstrated for 4 years that he has no compunction whatsoever about doing whatever the hell he wants, and daring anyone to do anything about it. On those occasions, the GOP has proven itself far less than a foil, and the media has proven itself to be a sycophantic ally - look at Benghazi.

Calling off the election and demagoguing anyone who opposes him fits his MO to a T. The media would aid him. The Democrat party would fall in line at the prospect of more time to halt Romney's momentum and stall their own crushing defeats in downticket races. Even if the public turned against him... well, that's already happened. Nothing lost.

He's in the position to make one last blow to the United States - One big "f**k you" on his way out the door. And it could be a f**k you that would stir the pot of discontent enough to give him what he wants - riots. If not, the damage is done to the psyche of the country.

I just don't see a downside, from what I believe his point of view to be.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:36 AM »
I just don't see a downside, from what I believe his point of view to be.

There isn't one for him. Anything that causes damage, and if the riots occur, he may try for Martial Law. If he get us into  a Civil War, it will make his day, and thats assuming there is no truth to the NWO tinfoil hat Alex Jones stuff.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
Come on. Jersey is a Blue State. Cede Obama the Electoral Votes and move on.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »
I don't see it.  The election will be held, there will be some efforts to gin up resistance to the result should he lose, but I don't see them gaining much traction, if any.

Mark Levin said tonight on the radio that if Obongo tries postponing the election, he'll be on the radio calling for a march on DC.
We'll see.

Damn skippy!  That punk shreds what's left of the constitution and I'll be in that march, and I won't be empty-handed or alone!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
I don't see it happening.

The storm wasn't as bad overall as it was promoted. 

Only Congree can postpone the electoral college and the staes can only postpone the election.  Among those would be many who'd be lining up at the Supreme Court the next day if BO tried something.  The states severly affected could decide postpone. BUt Bloomburg told BO to stay out of NY and Christie wouldn't postpone.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »

Only Congress can postpone the electoral college and the states can only postpone the election.  Among those would be many who'd be lining up at the Supreme Court the next day if BO tried something.  The states severely affected could decide postpone. But Bloomburg told BO to stay out of NY and Christie wouldn't postpone.

Why would any of that matter to Borat? Or to any of the traitorous leeches who call themselves Democrats? They don't care about facts or rules, unless they can be used to silence us or advance their agenda.  If they decide its in their best interests to delay, they will delay. Just like they decided it was in their best interests in Florida to recount ballots using dent marks and hanging chads despite the fact the Florida law clearly stated a vote was invalid if the hole punch was not complete. Lie. Cheat. Steal. is the Democratic motto, and there is no depth to which these people are no willing to sink in the pursuit of their narcissistic self-righteous cause to subjugate everyone to their causes and beliefs at the point of a gun.  Everything BO says and does is meant to divide and damage. The First American Republic is dead, the liberals fully reject the ideas of inalienable rights, rule of law, or limited government, and we will not have peace again in the country until either they or we are victorious on the battlefield. Bill Ayers was ready to kill 10-15 Million Bitter clingers and you bet BO and his minions are right on board with a plan to exterminate the bitter clingers if they get the chance. They are not stupid. They are not misguided. They know exactly what they are doing.. they , like the Nation of Islam, want a war.  Yeah, I could be wrong, but we will know for sure over the next three months.  They are all in folks and they have no conscience to limit them. To them, we are evil, because we are different- think different, and value different things. We aren't barbarians, and our behavior displays our superiority to them every day. They can't handle contrast and have now determined to kill Ivan himself instead of just his Goat.  I hate them, and think they are evil in return - but only because they are unwilling to mind their own business and agree that their rights end where mine begin. Peace is within their reach, but they can't and won't accept that they aren't entitled to enslave others to their will. My own mother couldn't do it even when it meant not ever seeing her son or grandchildren again.  THAT is what we are dealing with. The facts don't matter. You don't matter. The only thing that matters to them is that they gain some self-worth from supporting the coming Utopia, and if you oppose utopia and "progress" you will be ground under the wheels of the machine.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »
You can determine all you need to know about them simply by comparing and contrasting what happens in their victory scenario versus our victory scenario.

In our victory scenario, the worst thing that will befall them is that they will not be able to use the state and its instrumentalities to preempt the lifestyle choices of other people. Nothing will prevent them from making whatever asinine choices they want to make for their own lifestyle though.

In their victory scenario, all sorts of things will befall people like us. Through the coercion of the state we will be denied the fruits of our labor, the freedom of association and conscience, and on and on. The state will be preemptively deciding the course of your life for you, under the petty ministrations of they who believe themselves to be your intellectual and moral superiors.

In short, we win and all they "lose" is the ability to tell other people how to live.  They win and we lose everything that makes liberty meaningful.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »

Only Congress can postpone the electoral college and the states can only postpone the election.  Among those would be many who'd be lining up at the Supreme Court the next day if BO tried something.  The states severely affected could decide postpone. But Bloomburg told BO to stay out of NY and Christie wouldn't postpone.

Why would any of that matter to Borat? Or to any of the traitorous leeches who call themselves Democrats?

That's basically my point. Any time we've thought "he couldn't do that because", he does it. He could issue an executive order today, proclaiming the election postponed indefinitely, using the disaster as his justification. Then it would be up to states and citizens to respond to that, which would throw the entire process into chaos - legal, social, societal, constitutional chaos. In my scenario, the primary goal is the response that he seeks to elicit.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 03:59:59 PM »
The sad fact is that with Romney they still get 90% of what they want but with Øbozo we get bumpkis.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »

"Then it would be up to states and citizens to respond to that, which would throw the entire process into chaos - legal, social, societal, constitutional chaos. In my scenario, the primary goal is the response that he seeks to elicit."

If this is the response he seeks and he achieves it, well,
he should first remember the old axiom; Be careful what you ask for.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »

"Then it would be up to states and citizens to respond to that, which would throw the entire process into chaos - legal, social, societal, constitutional chaos. In my scenario, the primary goal is the response that he seeks to elicit."

If this is the response he seeks and he achieves it, well,
he should first remember the old axiom; Be careful what you ask for.

Part of me would like him to not be careful, but be very very reckless!   ::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.