Author Topic: Source: Obama to declare victory early in effort to demoralize Romney voters  (Read 5386 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This is exactly the sort of thing I would expect from this crowd. Even more so, it's exactly the sort of narrative I would expect the MFM to pick up and run with in a reliable fashion. So be ready for it. They are going to do everything conceivable to drag this asshole back into the White House.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/chicago-source-tells-author-brad-thor-obama-campaign-planning-to-proclaim-early-victory-to-demoralize-romney-supporters/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The only ones this will effect are the wishy washy, middle of the road, "I'm above the fray" voter. The same ones who gave us Odumbo to begin with.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I agree. I don't think it will work, not in a year like this, but it still irks me that they would do it. The real experiment will be to see how unquestioningly the MFM repeats it, assuming it does happen.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
If obsma tries this and the media jumps on board.......and Romney wins, republicans need to make it their life's work to point out the extreme bias at every opportunity. If romney wins, he will have 4 years to change the landscape of media bias.

I would purposefully omit certain networks from info and meetings and I would explain why. The media needs to take one in the teeth, especially the outlets which will never say a kind word about or for Romney.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I got my game-face on.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I got my grim face on.

Not long after DADT was declared dead, the media looked for and found two homosexuals in a full-body clinch, one man's legs wrapped around the other's waist, at the scene of military folks returning home from the Middle East.

The Left cheered.  Homosexuals cheered.  They were exultant; they got what they wanted, in full.

We *never* get that -- a substantial, meaningful and clear-cut victory for the right and the Right.  Anything we manage to win is a holding action at best, not a reversal of anything the Left inflicts on us, and we often have to fight some of own side in order to get it.

This election is no different. 

If we get Romney over the finish line, I will breathe in relief that we ousted the marxist usurper, but there will be no joy in it because it will be just the beginning of another series of assaults on him, his administration, and us by extension, by the Presstitutes and the entire Left.  And it is with great dread that I wait out the next three months until January for the EO and regulatory barrage of revenge.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, ya aren't wrong Pan, a dose of realism is a good thing, I think today though is all about kicking the SCoaMF to the curb, we know what follows will not go according to our view of what is necessary...but this was never about that, it's all about buying time for those that need it...hopefully they spend it wisely.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Mittens wins and we have (maybe) a 10%  of Obamacare repeal, collapse of the dollar will be delayed by (maybe) 2 years, and the left gets to blame it all on the GOP

Obama wins and there is 0% change of Obamacare repeal, the dollar collapses in the next 2 years, and the left gets to blame it all on the GOP.

There is less at stake in this election than you think.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Pan. I think the full on assaults on Romney and congress should come from our side.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
If romney wins, he will have 4 years to change the landscape of media bias.

Or ignore the media like Reagan did.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
If romney wins, he will have 4 years to change the landscape of media bias.

Or ignore the media like Reagan did.

I would love to see every Fifth Column journotard ignored, shunned and ridiculed.  What I wouldn't give to be Mitt's spokesdude!   ::evilbat::

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
Mittens wins and we have (maybe) a 10%  of Obamacare repeal, collapse of the dollar will be delayed by (maybe) 2 years, and the left gets to blame it all on the GOP
Obama wins and there is 0% change of Obamacare repeal, the dollar collapses in the next 2 years, and the left gets to blame it all on the GOP.

First, I don't accept your conclusion, Weisshaupt; there's still a lot of energy in America that only requires a good leader to bring it out.
But even if you are right and the dollar collapses in two years, with Mitt Romney as president we'll face it together and work our way out of the hole together. Obama would use it as an excuse to steal even more liberty (and money) from the working class. He would align himself even more closely with foreign governments. He would weaken us even more so he could tell France (and Greece?)  "Look, we're just like you! Don't hate us any more."

So the big difference is, Romney the businessman will formulate a plan and fix the problem. Obama the Marxist will use the crisis to seize more control.

There's a hell of a lot at stake in this election.

charlesoakwood

Mittens wins and we have (maybe) a 10%  of Obamacare repeal, collapse of the dollar will be delayed by (maybe) 2 years, and the left gets to blame it all on the GOP

Sell next best opportunity and, if you must, buy on the certain to come dip.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I see a Romney win as a stay of execution. There's still a big problem hanging over our head, but we at least will be able to formulate a response.

But really though, it's not an Obama win that would be the final nail, it's an electorate that even allowed it to be close that will be the final nail.

- Yours Truly

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
I see a Romney win as a stay of execution. There's still a big problem hanging over our head, but we at least will be able to formulate a response.

But really though, it's not an Obama win that would be the final nail, it's an electorate that even allowed it to be close that will be the final nail.

You are absolutely right. The price of freedom is constant vigilance. We spent 50 years sitting in the Fulda Gap to prevent the Russians from coming through and taking Western Europe the way they took all of Eastern Europe. We won the Cold War because we were always ready to fight it. I see the current crop of hippie liberals as that same kind of Communist threat. And I'm hoping that if we can hold the lines long enough we'll live to see all Americans get back to their American values.

One can but hope.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Pan. I think the full on assaults on Romney and congress should come from our side.

They will, without lying about the issues and when they're warranted.

That's not the Left's MO, as I'm sure you're aware.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

First, I don't accept your conclusion, Weisshaupt; there's still a lot of energy in America that only requires a good leader to bring it out.
But even if you are right and the dollar collapses in two years, with Mitt Romney as president we'll face it together and work our way out of the hole together. Obama would use it as an excuse to steal even more liberty (and money) from the working class. He would align himself even more closely with foreign governments. He would weaken us even more so he could tell France (and Greece?)  "Look, we're just like you! Don't hate us any more."

So the big difference is, Romney the businessman will formulate a plan and fix the problem. Obama the Marxist will use the crisis to seize more control.

There's a hell of a lot at stake in this election.

Romney stole the liberty of the people in Mass with a Health care mandate. The fact that State Govt's have a more legitimate claim to such power in now way makes that acceptable. Romney is as likely to take your liberty as any other leftist. Obama would be worse, to be sure, but Romney  has no moral principles against what Obama has done. Romney is not the leader that can bring out the best in America, and the left wouldn't follow him even if he was - they are no longer Americans. Even if Mittens was everything you hope - he is up against MATH. 200 Trillion has been promised.  It either doesn't get paid and the entitled begin a war and the govt  collapses, or it does get paid in printed money and the dollar collapses.  Mittens will have little choice but to initiate Martial law when it does and as I noted, he has no love of liberty  that will protect us.  What he did to MA, he will do to us.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
There is a major difference Weisshaupt, that does not rely on the states rights argument.

Assuming that people elect politicians to enact the will of the electorate, then Mitt Romney and the Democrat state legislature moved forward and enacted a plan that the people of Massachusetts wanted.

The sad reality is, whether you or I agree that a state should not be in the business of health care or funding mandates, the people of Massachusetts have supported the Romney health care law by roughly 2/3 to 1/3 since its inception.

That matters when discussing RomneyCare's relation to ObamaCare. It's not irrelevant. He did what the people of Massachusetts sent him there to do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Without control of the Senate...lets make that "reliable/functional" control of the Senate, there will be no repeal of Obamacare, that alone can doom the nation as much as anything, and failing to end deficit spending and a steady program to pare down the debt, well, the end result is still certain, only the date of the fiscal collapse needs to be argued.  Another key step is kicking the Neo-Keynesian Bernanke out on his ass, we cannot have anymore QE/Twist/debasement clowns running the Fed, and actually we should get rid of the Fed since it and Treasury are one in the same anyway, certainly we do not require twice the overhead.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Assuming that people elect politicians to enact the will of the electorate, then Mitt Romney and the Democrat state legislature moved forward and enacted a plan that the people of Massachusetts wanted.

The sad reality is, whether you or I agree that a state should not be in the business of health care or funding mandates, the people of Massachusetts have supported the Romney health care law by roughly 2/3 to 1/3 since its inception.

The Tyranny of the Majority is still Tyranny. The Majority do not have the right to impinge upon the inalienable rights of the individual.  It is ALWAYS immoral to do so, and anyone who would vote to allow it, shouldn't be allowed to continue breathing, much less be President of the United States.  Before the Civil War there was a Majority in those States that wanted to continue slavery as well, did that make the ownership of men legitimate? There is no difference between letting a private citizen own a man vs. giving the government ownership of him on behalf of a group of slavers.