Author Topic: An Open Letter To Colin Powell  (Read 1096 times)

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
An Open Letter To Colin Powell
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:34:46 AM »
Dear General Powell,
As an Army officer who served under you years ago, I was surprised, shocked, saddened and disappointed to see your face featured in an ad trying to convince me to vote for Barack Obama.

Surprised because I am certain beyond doubt that, had Obama been one of your subordinate commanders, you would have relieved him of duty. He would have retired in disgrace and on his final OER you would have written "Your failure to interpret warning signs of attack, your failure to respond appropriately to calls for reinforcement, and your overall lack of command have cost American lives and prestige. Your failures have strengthened the enemies of the United States and brought dishonor to the nation you serve. Further, your attempts to avoid responsibility for your failures is dishonorable and not in keeping with military tradition." Yes sir, you would have sent Colonel Obama packing. But now you think it's appropriate to induce me to abandon the beliefs we used to share. I wonder why?

I'm shocked because you and I swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Whether against Muslim attackers or even against a President who would abuse his power to get around the constitution. A president who would work to deprive his citizens of constitutional rights and conspire with foreign governments to impose foreign law on Americans in violation of the constitution. For some reason you now think that something is more important than that oath and more important than the constitution. What could that be?

I'm saddened because you once stood for ideals. Your honesty and integrity fit you as closely as your uniform. But now you have chosen to support a man who not only lies about issues but about his very soul. I suppose most politicians lie ("I did not have sex with that woman", "I did not know about the impending attack upon the consulate") but you have decided to endorse a man who goes so far as to lie about what he is and what he believes. He is a deceiver of the worst sort: a Muslim who pretends to be Christian, a Marxist who pretends to be Capitalist, a racist who pretends to be a liberal. As one of your junior officers you would have spotted him immediately as a back stabbing, grasping, suck-up and he would never have made it past the rank of lieutenant. But you want me to vote for him to be Commander in Chief?

Most of all I'm disappointed. I admit there were times in the 90's when I thought that you might be the first black candidate for the presidency. I might very well have voted for you. Probably would have. But now you have decided to turn traitor on the very eve of battle. I can just imagine the democratic cackles and laughs when they discovered they have a bombshell to drop on unsuspecting Republicans.

So I have to wonder what made you do it? What caused you to go against all your principles in such a traitorous way? Was it because the Republicans never put you up for president? Because you got "passed over" for promotion to that office? Do you think the country deserves to be screwed because they didn't recognize you are the better man? That's the sort of personality flaw that makes you unsuited for the job.

I'm disappointed to find that dogs sometimes do bite the hand that feeds them. And old dogs are the worst, I suppose. They lose their sight and their loyalty and become cranking bitches that bite.

When I saw the ad for the first time I truly, honestly flashed back to images of the North Vietnamese parading prisoners of war before the camera. After months and years of torture American POWs were put on camera to "confess" to their atrocities and repent for their attacks on the poor Cong. That's what I saw when your face filled the screen.

Please tell me the democrats have been torturing you and brainwashing you. Maybe they're holding your family hostage in the basement of some hell hole. Maybe you were coerced into selling out your friends, your country and your oath.

But no, none of those excuses work. As our nation's former highest ranking military man, your duty requires death before dishonor. You failed us there. And for God's sake, please, please don't tell me it's all about race. Don't let me go on thinking that you changed your mind because your grandchildren are black and any black president is worth selling out the entire country for. Getting a bigger piece of the pie for the poor black children only makes sense until you realize that once the pie is eaten then everyone starves; even the pie bakers.

Today I pray, I literally pray, that a revolution is no longer required. That we elect a president who takes care of the country as well as the people. Because, General, you have really made me take another look at my oath and my duty. No president, no special interest should be more important than the constitution and the good of the nation.

This we'll defend!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: An Open Letter To Colin Powell
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
Excellent letter 21stCenturyThinker - nicely done!

(and way more than he deserves)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »
Bravo, Sir, well done indeed!

::clapping::   ::USA::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
Excellent.  Well said.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
I'll drink to that.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson