Author Topic: My election night prayer  (Read 2149 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: My election night prayer
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
If anyone needs a specific prayer please let me know, otherwise I am going to pray for all of you and your families and of course America.

It makes me feel a lot better being and corresponding with fellow believers and like minded conservatives. Thank you for being here.

Man Tuesday was not a good day for America.

God's Blessings to You.

Thank you. And as a matter of fact I do need one. I spent much of my 20s as basically an agnostic or deist. Since then I have seen the light of Christ. I need to be a far better servant of the Lord. Doctrinal disputes confuse and confound me as I try to determine where I belong. Some say theirs is the only legitimate Christian Church, and others say it's theirs. I am faithful that God will not set me astray.

We can all use a prayer for that purpose.

Glock, all of that confuses me as well, AND they cause me doubts, which I don't need nor want.  So, I don't read, I don't listen and I don't usually discuss.

Glock, you are a good man; God has written His Will on your heart and I think, by your last statement, that you know that.  Keep to the Good and lead no other man astray and God will take care of your purpose.  I don't mean to preach, but I believe this to be so for us all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Re: My election night prayer
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »
I am so sorry to be late to this thread. There are two major issues here. One, God KNOWS the future and the complete plan. I fear we are getting what we deserve, but I do not KNOW that. I only know that God is in control and I have faith in that. Perhaps this is a trial we must go through to get us where he wants us to go. Perhaps there were other reasons, but in truth, it all belongs to God. I do not know, but I have faith in Him.

On the other, to my friends stuggling for faith and knowledge, let me assure you that I believe some laws are written upon the hearts of men. God has given you certain knowledge, and from that, you are expected to discern truth. It does not excuse you from the search, but it assures you that he who seeks WILL find, and for he who knocks the door WILL be opened. Do not give up the search. Have no faith in men, but rather have your faith in God. His word can lead you to success. No denomination can. Only a DIRECT relationship with Christ. He is the ONLY intercessor for us. 

Let the search begin with his word and end with his word.  I trust in God to bless you in your search for him.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ