Author Topic: Lessons from the 2012 election  (Read 13919 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Lessons from the 2012 election
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:37:06 PM »
Here are the major things I take from tonight's bloodbath:

• Yes, there are more takers than makers
  • The Republican Party is history, and deservedly so
  • Politics are now irrelevant

I bold that last one because I have honestly been preparing myself mentally for this moment for at least the past 2 years or so. It is going to affect a lot of my daily thought process. I no longer see any point to cruising all the usual political sites, listening to Rush, and so on, because I think if we are honest with ourselves we can conclude that the political solution is now closed off. There's no point to Tea Party rallies or any of that anymore. We made an honest effort, but it was too little and far, far too late. Yet I have become very accustomed to coming to this forum almost every day, and I wonder what is there to discuss now? The voters have rejected our political philosophy, which happens to be the same philosophy as our Founders, and the same philosophy that made this country what it was. But, they have nevertheless rejected it.  I am now of the belief that the only thing left is for the inevitable implosion brought about by the insane, unsustainable policies that we were trying to put the brakes on through the political process. Since we have failed in that effort, the implosion is now a certainty.

I don't know, what else does everyone take from this?  Everything is different now, I know that much. I don't want the discussion here to dry up, but what is there to talk about now? To me it's almost as if "It's About Liberty" has suddenly become "It's About Survival".  That is how things feel to me now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Lessons from the 2012 election
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
Then we'll talk about survival.  But keep in mind that Liberty exists first in your heart and THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »
Then we'll talk about survival.  But keep in mind that Liberty exists first in your heart and THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT.

I agree with both thoughts, Pan.

The ideas that we hold dear transend this country.  It's up to us to keep them and pass them on to someday blossom once again. It is the legacy we pass on to those we care about and their children.

I was listening to a man on the radio one day a couple of months ago and he was talking about how God had blessed this country.  Then he said "but there's no guarentee that this country will continue to exist" because that's not His promise to us. It chilled me. Because he's right.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »

LIVING WILL FORM

I, ____________, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead partisan politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it, or lawyers/doctors/hospitals interested in simply running up the bills.

If after a reasonable amount of time passes, and I fail to ask for: (Check all that apply): a Martini ______, a Margarita ______, a Scotch and soda ______, a Bloody Mary______, a beer ______, a Gin and Tonic _______, a Glass of Chardonnay ______, a Steak ______, Lobster or crab legs ______, the TV remote control ______, a bowl of ice cream ______, the sports page______, Sex______, or Chocolate_______, it should be presumed that I won't ever get any better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, and call it a day. At this point, it is time to call the New Orleans Jazz Funeral Band to come and do their thing at my funeral, and ask all of my friends to raise their glasses to toast the good times we have had or should’ve had.

Signature:________________________Date:__________

P.S. I hear that in Ireland there is a Nursing Home with a Pub. The patients are happier, and they have a lot more visitors. Some of them don't even need embalming when their time comes. If anyone knows the name of this happy place, PLEASE pass it on.

Amendment #1:
Should I become incapacitated as described above, DO NOT PULL THE PLUG until after I have voted against Barack Obama by absentee ballot in the November 2012 election.

Amendment #2:
If the plug has been pulled in violation of #1 above, and I am dead, transport me to Chicago so I can still vote against Barack Obama.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »

LIVING WILL FORM

I, ____________, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead partisan politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it, or lawyers/doctors/hospitals interested in simply running up the bills.

If after a reasonable amount of time passes, and I fail to ask for: (Check all that apply): a Martini ______, a Margarita ______, a Scotch and soda ______, a Bloody Mary______, a beer ______, a Gin and Tonic _______, a Glass of Chardonnay ______, a Steak ______, Lobster or crab legs ______, the TV remote control ______, a bowl of ice cream ______, the sports page______, Sex______, or Chocolate_______, it should be presumed that I won't ever get any better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, and call it a day. At this point, it is time to call the New Orleans Jazz Funeral Band to come and do their thing at my funeral, and ask all of my friends to raise their glasses to toast the good times we have had or should’ve had.

Signature:________________________Date:__________

P.S. I hear that in Ireland there is a Nursing Home with a Pub. The patients are happier, and they have a lot more visitors. Some of them don't even need embalming when their time comes. If anyone knows the name of this happy place, PLEASE pass it on.

Amendment #1:
Should I become incapacitated as described above, DO NOT PULL THE PLUG until after I have voted against Barack Obama by absentee ballot in the November 2012 election.

Amendment #2:
If the plug has been pulled in violation of #1 above, and I am dead, transport me to Chicago so I can still vote against Barack Obama.

Welcome o the Dark Side CO.
Glad to have you here.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »

Thanks for the welcome.

• "Politics are now irrelevant"

Yes and no.  Politics as we knew them are irrelevant but politics will continue.
A new old style of politics that we only know from novels and history will become
the rule replacing the rule of law.  As long as places like this are allowed to exist
there will be much to talk about.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 04:37:13 AM »

Thanks for the welcome.

• "Politics are now irrelevant"

Yes and no.  Politics as we knew them are irrelevant but politics will continue.
A new old style of politics that we only know from novels and history will become
the rule replacing the rule of law.  As long as places like this are allowed to exist
there will be much to talk about.

We can always chart the expeditious journey of the country's decent into Hell.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 07:31:37 AM »
Damn, that is good stuff CO!   ::beertoast::

As for the "what do we talk about", survival?  Yes, while we can.  My liberty I carry in my heart, along with my faith, they can try to take either one, but not without incurring greivous injury.

Molôn Labé!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:15:08 AM »
I just ordered another half case of 7.62x39.  Not that I think a shooting war is imminent or anything like that.  It's just I feel so utterly impotent now. The political avenue is gone, yet there's still a lot of us in this country.  So I decided I would just order some more of what will no doubt be a hot commodity.  Sales will surely be astronomical.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »
Several sites are reporting Republican turnout was less than in '08.   ::speechless::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
Here's some of the lessons I think I got from the election.

2012 was the end of the old white guy in politics. Classes , races and identity groups are the future
We are dinosaurs

Republican leadership won't learn the right lesson and blame the loss on being too conservative. On second hand, they may be right.

The American people's values are no longer my values.

Liberty and freedom are gone

America is dead

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
Republican leadership won't learn the right lesson and blame the loss on being too conservative. On second hand, they may be right.

My prediction.  The Republican House will go Full Retard, now.  There will be no Republican house at the end of 2014.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
Classes , races and identity groups are the future

yep

I read comments from conservatives blacks on Twitter last night and they said GOP doesn't reach out and addresss the concerns of hispanics and blacks and women.

!?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »

yep

I read comments from conservatives blacks on Twitter last night and they said GOP doesn't reach out and addresss the concerns of hispanics and blacks and women.

!?

I really have so had it with that sht!!!

WTF makes those groups so fcking speshul that they have separate "concerns"?! 

No, they have speshul WANTS, they want it from us, so that makes it "free", right?  That it makes us less free?  WTF would they care; it's revenge for their "concerns" not being "addressed".

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 11:10:47 AM »

yep

!?

No, they have speshul WANTS, they want it from us, so that makes it "free", right?  That it makes us less free?  WTF would they care; it's revenge for their "concerns" not being "addressed".

God given rights transend race, gender

but they want none of that

freedom is too much personal responsibilty

Besides what the heck can we say to them that Dems haven't already promised?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »

My prediction.  The Republican House will go Full Retard, now.  There will be no Republican house at the end of 2014.

If by "full retard" you mean the Weeper (Boehner) will cave into Duh Wun and fvck us over, yes, that is not a bet I'd care to be on the wrong side of.

But, I am done betting, I'm leaving the game.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »

yep

!?

No, they have speshul WANTS, they want it from us, so that makes it "free", right?  That it makes us less free?  WTF would they care; it's revenge for their "concerns" not being "addressed".

God given rights transend race, gender

but they want none of that

freedom is too much personal responsibilty

Besides what the heck can we say to them that Dems haven't already promised?

Die.  Take your "win" and watch it love you to death.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
 ::facepalm::

Way to go Catholics!  Just like American Jews, they chose suicide.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/holy-smokes-obama-wins-catholic-vote-despite-attacks-on-the-church/

Free sh*t Morons!

::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
FYI - Can't seem to find one of those national county-by-county maps of the election, would like to know the hardcare libiot counties to avoid, maybe there is a way to find a safe zone in the deepest part of conservative areas that is equidistant from bordering libiot counties on all compass axis points...

::saywhat::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »
::facepalm::

Way to go Catholics!  Just like American Jews, they chose suicide.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/holy-smokes-obama-wins-catholic-vote-despite-attacks-on-the-church/

Free sh*t Morons!

::mooning::

Catholic in name only

most don't go to church, don't know church teachings and not interested in learning