Author Topic: Lessons from the 2012 election  (Read 14357 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Lessons from the 2012 election
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
another lesson not learned...

U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad led a bipartisan call today for Congress to approve a multi-year extension of the renewable energy production tax credit that they called critical to the wind energy industry.

The lame duck Congress “needs to pass at least the one-year extension,” Grassley said at a Washington news conference.

Uncertainty about the tax credit is hurting wind energy production and local communities where wind energy-related manufacturers are laying off workers, Branstad added.

“Thousands of jobs in the wind industry have already been impacted by the credit’s looming expiration, and thousands more are at risk,” Branstad and Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber wrote to congressional leaders. “We urge you to take swift action to extend the (production tax credit) before the end of this congressional session.”
link

The bolded portion summarizes everything that is wrong.  There is no wind industry.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »
Nope, there isn't.  But there ARE wind subsidies and that's all that matters.

Seen rationally, Congressional salaries are wind subsidies as well.

Buncha rent-seeking whores, the whole lot of 'em.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »

Boy, do I ever disagree with that last line.  Whores have a value (and a service) and are honest about their work but political rent-seeking whores have no such value; forget honesty.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »

Right, and you can see their mindset on full display, as they lament the loss of jobs if the subsidies are not extended. And a perpetual motion machine will work too, as long as you give it an occasional push.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »

political rent-seeking whores have no value

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:10 AM »
another lesson not learned...

U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad led a bipartisan call today for Congress to approve a multi-year extension of the renewable energy production tax credit that they called critical to the wind energy industry.

The lame duck Congress “needs to pass at least the one-year extension,” Grassley said at a Washington news conference.

Uncertainty about the tax credit is hurting wind energy production and local communities where wind energy-related manufacturers are laying off workers, Branstad added.

“Thousands of jobs in the wind industry have already been impacted by the credit’s looming expiration, and thousands more are at risk,” Branstad and Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber wrote to congressional leaders. “We urge you to take swift action to extend the (production tax credit) before the end of this congressional session.”
link
Never a bipartisan effort to end bat sh*t crazy money scheme is there? Ann Said it best, they're all responsible for the horrendous mess as a civilization, we're in. Perfect examples.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »

Right, and you can see their mindset on full display, as they lament the loss of jobs if the subsidies are not extended. And a perpetual motion machine will work too, as long as you give it an occasional push.
...........off a cliff.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
Only butresses the "human zoo" theory IMO!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-have-a-group-of-social-scientists-to-thank-for-obamas-re-election-read-why/

Dumb animals!  I have no doubt the Ruling Class clowns in the GOP will latch onto this bullsplatter!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-have-a-group-of-social-scientists-to-thank-for-obamas-re-election-read-why/

Dumb animals!  I have no doubt the Ruling Class clowns in the GOP will latch onto this bullsplatter!

This kind of approach trades on a human instinct to conform to social norms, psychologists say.

Yah, just what we need  ::)  but what we need first is a definition of "social norms" and who decides the definition.

Buncha lemmings.  This is why I don't have many friends.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »

That's the great argument; who defines the social norm.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »

This kind of approach trades on a human instinct to conform to social norms, psychologists say.

Yah, just what we need  ::)  but what we need first is a definition of "social norms" and who decides the definition.

Buncha lemmings.  This is why I don't have many friends.

Same here!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
We’re the Liberals
Posted by Frank J. at 11:00 am
I’m starting to wonder if it’s time to shed the “conservative” label. We’re not conservatives — we’re radicals. We’re advocating ideals of freedom that no country — not even the U.S. — has ever fully embraced. It’s not something old we want, it’s something new that’s never quite existed before. Who are “conservative” are those trying to uphold the horrible status quo we have, i.e., those who voted for Obama and the Democrats in this last election. They’re not going anywhere new or grand, they’re just puttering around in this downward spiral we’re in.

Now the left have pretty much abandoned the word liberal as they basically turned it into a swear word by being associated with them. Let’s take it back. I always preferred the term “classical liberal” as we’re trying to change things based on not just any moron new idea but on the original liberal idea: freedom. And it is still very scary for most people. They can’t stand the idea of regular citizens having guns. They fear the idea of the economy not being controlled. And they’re terrified of having to fend for themselves and not having the false promises of government entitlements. But we have our radical, crazy idea that freedom is the best way, and we will continue to fight for it. When fearful people try to make us more like failing Europe, we will continue to pave out our own new and unique way.

We’re the liberals here, and it’s time we embraced that. - Frank -j @ IMAO

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
::)

"his will"  "his partner Michael"

::)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/florida-man-very-upset-about-the-election-results-kills-himself-writes-fk-obama-on-his-will/

Unh hunh; first they took the word "gay" and made a travesty of it, now they've abominated the word "partner".  Anytime one refers now to "partner", as in "business partner", it will need those two words together or another form of clarification.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
Gee, why does West have backers now?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/15/gop-leaders-back-wests-call-recount/

The GOP is beyond dysfunctional...  ::)

How about avoiding problems on the front end? No, that'd be too principled and sensible... 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »
Mitt - Free sh*t party strategy worked and I was the wrong candidate to run because of RomneyCare made attacks on ObamaCare fall on deaf ears.

OK, he didn't say the latter but it is way to easy to infer!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/leaked-audio-of-mitt-romney-explaining-to-donors-why-he-lost-election-and-guess-what-bill-clinton-told-him/

Damn, Pubbies are awesome!

/

charlesoakwood

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »

GOP backing West is a looking forward CYA move.
Expecting all else to be forgotten in 2 years
they will point to this as their serious support
for all conservatives.  Hey, GOP, KMA!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83989.html

“We didn’t win the argument, we didn’t even make the argument” throughout much of 2012, [Senator elect Ted] Cruz said.

But in the first debate, he argued, that changed.

“It was the one time we actually contested ideas, presented two viewpoints and directions for the country,” he said. “And then inevitably, there are these mandarins of politics, who give the voice: ‘Don’t show any contrasts. Don’t rock the boat.’  So by the third debate, I’m pretty certain Mitt Romney actually French-kissed Barack Obama .

“I have no doubt that there is a focus group somewhere [TPOS] of undecided Ohio voters who have been living in a cave for the last 30 years, who decided they liked that,” Cruz continued. “‘Don’t show any disagreement whatsoever with the president. Don’t rock the boat. Just be a nice guy.’”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »
Sounds like Ted thinks the Ruling Class asshats running the GOP into the dirt are morons.

Well, there's one leader of the New Resistance, hopefully he survives what is coming and what needs to be done.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
West being told he's toast, it's over, give up...

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/11/19/election-officials-miss-deadline-to-report-recount-results-in-allen-west-race/

Sucks when people refuse to accept corrupt elections...

/