Author Topic: Lessons from the 2012 election  (Read 14202 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Lessons from the 2012 election
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 12:04:19 PM »

Rush is saying 3,000,000 Republicans stayed home, but the demographers have not discerned who they are.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
I've had married couples say that allowing same sex marriages won't affect them--as if that's the deciding factor.  40 years ago I'm sure no one guessed we'd have 54 million abortions.  In 10 - 20 years where will we be if the 1% homo lobby is successful?  

I doubt that every woman who has an abortion thinks she's contributing to the 54 million dead from abortion.  She doesn't see her decision "affecting" anyone but herself.  She doesn't see that her single decision contributes to a culture of death.  Afterall, she has a good reason to abort.

Everyone walks around thinking they act and live within a vaccum.  I'm sick of people thinking they're "nice" people who think their actions are singular and don't work in concert with everyone elses to change culture for the worse.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »

Rush is saying 3,000,000 Republicans stayed home, but the demographers have not discerned who they are.

Rush isn't considering the fact that either the number is full of scat, or that it might coincide with how many conservative ballots were tossed out, lost, destroyed...whatever...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »
I've had married couples say that allowing same sex marriages won't affect them--as if that's the deciding factor.  40 years ago I'm sure no one guessed we'd have 54 million abortions.  In 10 - 20 years where will we be if the 1% homo lobby is successful?  

I doubt that every woman who has an abortion thinks she's contributing to the 54 million dead from abortion.  She doesn't see her decision "affecting" anyone but herself.  She doesn't see that her single decision contributes to a culture of death.  Afterall, she has a good reason to abort.

Everyone walks around thinking they act and live within a vaccum.  I'm sick of people thinking they're "nice" people who think their actions are singular and don't work in concert with everyone elses to change culture for the worse.

Bubbleheads.

::asskicking::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »

And regarding the hand-wringing going on right now among the GOP intelligentsia, postulating that the GOP should abandon "social issues" in order to appeal to the "moderate middle", consider this:

This cycle there were 4 liberal states with marriage amendments on the ballot. All 4 liberal states came down in favor of homosexual marriage. BUT - in ALL 4 OF THOSE STATES - TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE RECEIVED MORE VOTES THAN MITT ROMNEY.

What does that tell us about how "social issues" play with the electorate at large? Traditional marriage is more popular in liberal states than the GOP candidate.

It seems to me that if a "type" of conservatism isn't popular in the blue states and swing states, it is FISCAL conservatism - NOT SOCIAL conservatism.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »

Rush isn't considering the fact that either the number is full of scat, or that it might coincide with how many conservative ballots were tossed out, lost, destroyed...whatever...

"Tossed out" goes into conspiracy which has been disqualified as an option.  There are people "professionals" seeking the answer and it will be interesting to know.  Maybe Levin may address it today.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 12:37:21 PM »

But, YES! it will.  In order to "consecrate" same-sex "marriage", marriage has to be made sexless for everybody and that's a vast change of concept and language.  That is going to change the way the State evaluates the spouses in normal marriages, not just the homosexuals.

The concrete concepts of husband and wife will be the first to go, mother and father will follow, as will sister and brother, aunt and uncle -- all the words we know that define and explain sex relationships within families.

Those married couples do not understand the principles of order and stability, and have no respect for tradition, nevermind religion.   ::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »

The concrete concepts of husband and wife will be the first to go, mother and father will follow, as will sister and brother, aunt and uncle -- all the words we know that define and explain sex relationships within families.

Those married couples do not understand the principles of order and stability, and have no respect for tradition, nevermind religion.   ::gaah::

It will destroy parental rights.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »

"Tossed out" goes into conspiracy which has been disqualified as an option.  There are people "professionals" seeking the answer and it will be interesting to know.  Maybe Levin may address it today.

Caller named "Ken" on rush said he thinks he was one of the 3m "conservatives" that issued a protest vote, Rush said thanks, you gave us Obama, caller said going over the cliff 100mph vs 70mph is still going over the cliff, thinks the GOP leadership needs to learn a lesson  (  ::speechless::   ::hysterical::  what a dumbass! ) and rush pointed out that's not the lesson leadership is taking (they think it is social issues, and needing to reach out to wymens and hispanics)...

Fits my theory of Libertarians/Conservatives being the culprit.

Oh well, the deed is done.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
my daughter got fb messages from friends proclaiming they were going to be part of the 5% (who vote libertarian)  she asked why do you want to elect BO?  They were strident in their answers that they were right. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
Rush had a clip of Krauthammer advising "we" should get Rubio out in front with an enforcement/amnesty-without-citizenship plan.  Because this is how "we" will get the "hispanics" on board.

::gaah::

NO.  WE WON'T.  They don't really give a crap about immigration, they want free stuff from all y'all White people and the Dems are ready to give it to them.

I made a promise to God to not utter his name nor that of His Son in a vulgar and disrespectful way, so ARRRGGGHHHH!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »

It will destroy parental rights.

At some point you stop. You tell them "make me" - nd if they persis you shoot them dead. When they come to get you for that shooting, you shoot at them.  When they come with the swat - leave behind a little something for them to "discover" - If you take one just one- that is one less to go to the next guy, and c***less others not willing to take the job as being too dangerous.  They RELY on our obedience and fear to hide their tyranny and bullying.  Make them display who they are.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »
Rush had a clip of Krauthammer advising "we" should get Rubio out in front with an enforcement/amnesty-without-citizenship plan.  Because this is how "we" will get the "hispanics" on board.

::gaah::

NO.  WE WON'T.  They don't really give a crap about immigration, they want free stuff from all y'all White people and the Dems are ready to give it to them.

I made a promise to God to not utter his name nor that of His Son in a vulgar and disrespectful way, so ARRRGGGHHHH!

They do give a crap about immigration,they think it's in the bag.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »
I came to the conclusion some time ago that for many indoctrinated whites, nothing is worse than being accused of racism. That includes even being murdered. Why else is the country so terrified of the immigration issue?  Because they're terrified of being called racists.

The controversy doesn't work with me. I see no reason to avoid admitting that adding millions of Third World peasants to our country every year is doing us long term harm.  All you have to do is look at where they come from to see how it will soon look in the areas they settle in large numbers.

This game is so over. Watching the GOP scramble to implement all the wrong solutions just confirms it all.  We've probably been done more harm by "our" party than the Democrat opposition.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
I think that it is more apparent to me after the election, and listening to the pundits talk about the election is this:
1 - Leftists/liberals Democrats are MOrons with a capital MO!
2 - There is nothing you can say or do that will ever change their point of view.
3 - The MOrons outnumber us
4 - With open borders the spread will be bigger next time

Conclusion:
All this bitching about 'messaging', choice of candidate, too moderate, too conservative, RINO, race makeup, wrong policies, Border, no border, and all the other blah blah blah is a total waste of time.

MOrons will never agree with us and will never vote with us in a presidential election. Fageddaboutit!

What can we do about it?
I saw one statistic that jumped out at me, and Rush talked about it today: 3 million more people voted GOP for McCain than in this election. What kind of sh1te is this? We already know there are more MOrons than us, so why on God's Green Earth would a conservative republican not vote against the MOrons, regardless of who our candidate is? Our turnout this time around should have been 3 million MORE people, not less.

We can't do anything with the MOrons, so can we turn the repubs that stayed at home? I don't know. It may be, that those repubs that stayed at home are also MOrons and untouchable as well. if that's the case, then, the only thing left for us is to HEDGE in what ever way you seem that works for you.

I'm looking at putting more into Silver because it is smaller denominations than Gold, and it is not as political as Gold. I'm retired and have already cashed out of my 401K. If you have significant assets in 401K's, I suggest you consider cashing out even if you have to pay a penalty, because i believe that this administration will be looking for assets to steal as soon as it realizes that raising taxes on the rich will not bring in the cash that they want. Just a matter of time. They will have to obtain more assets from somewhere to maintain their thirst for spending, and unlike Hitler, they don't have a neigboring country they can capture for asset seizures.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
This has always been "fall off the log" easy for me. Maybe it is because of my experiences growing up.

Everyone is racist. No exceptions - no exclusions. If (you) say, "No I'm not" it is because you have successfully talked yourself into a delusion of denial. It is a natural part of the human experience and literally no different than being able to differentiate dark from light.

The problem isn't our true natural racist selves - it's how we manage our racism. If you're like I am you have your latent racism in check. That is, your rational mind is exerting control over your emotions and directing it through the MLK filter (content of character, etc). When we operate in this mode we look at a black man being a jerk and say, "That guy is being a jerk". When we're operating in our emotional mind we say, "Niggers are jerks".

Babies, who quite obviously have not yet had an opportunity to be infused with political (in)correctness, exhibit this very human trait. They naturally seek familiarity. They look upon face that look like their mothers favorably and faces that are vastly different from their mamas with fear.

I've had the race card tossed at me many many times but I don't think that there is a time when anyone has played the race card on me with any success. It doesn't work if you (1) accept the benchmark outlined above, (2) use your rational brain to place things in their proper perspective, and (3) recognize that Liberal Projection is at play and the card tosser is undoubtedly a racist whose racism is out of control.

Oh, and once more....just for the record...hispanic isn't a race. Calls of racism against mexicans is patently absurd on the face of it.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
Hispanics aren't going to come over to the GOP regardless of what they are offered.  They've already get all the crap they want from the dems.  The GOP isn't offering anything they can't already get.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 06:21:55 PM »
I agree AS. I grew up in the inner city and I am still here. I developed my "racism" because of the many experiences and interactions (I"ll save the stories for now) I have had with minority groups here that I grew up with, went to school with and deal with presently. I work on treating everyone on how I like to be treated and with respect..... trying to leave them better off having met me, but sometimes you see behavior that leaves one astonished in a bad way.

Oh, and once more....just for the record...hispanic isn't a race. Calls of racism against mexicans is patently absurd on the face of it.

Yep! Both my parents and siblings have dark hair, black eyes and are olive complected. I am the exception as I have green eyes but I got the big nose and now the gray hair >:(. We were frequently asked if we were Hispanic. People do not realize how similar in appearance Italians, Greeks, Jews, Hispanics ect....... can be. And heck for that matter my wife is of Italian/Irish decent and some of her relatives are the "dark" Irish. Oh one other thing my brother's wife is part American Indian and she is considered a "minority" yet she has blond hair.......but she has the high cheek bones ;D I love her, she is conservative and laughs at the idiocy made of race by the left.That's why I could give a rats butt about race as determined by the lefties but once they become involved they destroy and ruin lives.

As the joke goes, what is the difference in Italians, Greeks, Jews and Hispanics......................

The Jews have the money. However nobody told me...........
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
All interesting reading and I agree it is senseless to attempt to dissect the liberal mind. My thought is we need at least 20 years to change the balance of power, and it won't happen until we control 1/2 of the educational system and 1/2 the media.We simply can't do it politically, it is too corrupt. We need to bypass the political process and teach the people.....But imo, its gonna take a couple of decades. We live in an apathetic nation today. While most of us were busy creating a life for ourselves and our families, liberals were busy robbing half the nation of thiers. We've reached the tipping point. It's been a slow process and I don't need to point out some of the processes here, you already know, but at some point, we need to take back the country by creating a true and meaningful narrative...and it's gonna take a while.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 07:08:12 PM »
All interesting reading and I agree it is senseless to attempt to dissect the liberal mind. My thought is we need at least 20 years to change the balance of power, and it won't happen until we control 1/2 of the educational system and 1/2 the media.We simply can't do it politically, it is too corrupt. We need to bypass the political process and teach the people.....But imo, its gonna take a couple of decades. We live in an apathetic nation today. While most of us were busy creating a life for ourselves and our families, liberals were busy robbing half the nation of thiers. We've reached the tipping point. It's been a slow process and I don't need to point out some of the processes here, you already know, but at some point, we need to take back the country by creating a true and meaningful narrative...and it's gonna take a while.

I think the process will go faster and be more successful if we gather in conservative enclaves the way the statists have done.  It doesn't have to be formal -- it couldn't be, there are LAWS, YOU KNOW -- but the word will get around that "liberals are not really welcome here".  And they don't want to live by us Neanderthals anyway.