Author Topic: Lessons from the 2012 election  (Read 14253 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Lessons from the 2012 election
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »
  Plat it the way they play it: Stop talking about what were against,only talk about what were for.

One were in they will find out real fast what were against. Let them accuse us of all manor of garbage and keep doing it there way say one thing and do another.Hide who we are as they do till they get into power.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Magnum

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »
What got me today Don as I was listening to Bill Bennett was that the majority of those making 50,000 a year or more per household voted for Romney, those who made under for obama.

It friggin ticks me off to no end that those who hardly pay any taxes or no taxes at all are allowed to vote and punish those who make America work. Redistribution of wealth is evil.............................

Everything the left touches it destroys..........................
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
I agree AS. I grew up in the inner city and I am still here. I developed my "racism" because of the many experiences and interactions (I"ll save the stories for now) I have had with minority groups here that I grew up with, went to school with and deal with presently. I work on treating everyone on how I like to be treated and with respect..... trying to leave them better off having met me, but sometimes you see behavior that leaves one astonished in a bad way.

Oh, and once more....just for the record...hispanic isn't a race. Calls of racism against mexicans is patently absurd on the face of it.

Yep! Both my parents and siblings have dark hair, black eyes and are olive complected. I am the exception as I have green eyes but I got the big nose and now the gray hair >:(. We were frequently asked if we were Hispanic. People do not realize how similar in appearance Italians, Greeks, Jews, Hispanics ect....... can be. And heck for that matter my wife is of Italian/Irish decent and some of her relatives are the "dark" Irish. Oh one other thing my brother's wife is part American Indian and she is considered a "minority" yet she has blond hair.......but she has the high cheek bones ;D I love her, she is conservative and laughs at the idiocy made of race by the left.That's why I could give a rats butt about race as determined by the lefties but once they become involved they destroy and ruin lives.

As the joke goes, what is the difference in Italians, Greeks, Jews and Hispanics......................

The Jews have the money. However nobody told me...........

The issue with race often devolves to culture and religion (other than the hostiles).  It's a lot easier for a marriage to succeed when both persons come from similar backgrounds and religions -- less to learn and deal with.  Marriage is difficult enough that having a like background and religious foundation leaves that much less to fight over.  And for the in-laws/relatives to get in a snit about.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »
What got me today Don as I was listening to Bill Bennett was that the majority of those making 50,000 a year or more per household voted for Romney, those who made under for obama.

It friggin ticks me off to no end that those who hardly pay any taxes or no taxes at all are allowed to vote and punish those who make America work. Redistribution of wealth is evil.............................

It is evil.  Few are taught today not to covet.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2012, 07:34:15 PM »
All interesting reading and I agree it is senseless to attempt to dissect the liberal mind. My thought is we need at least 20 years to change the balance of power, and it won't happen until we control 1/2 of the educational system and 1/2 the media.We simply can't do it politically, it is too corrupt. We need to bypass the political process and teach the people.....But imo, its gonna take a couple of decades. We live in an apathetic nation today. While most of us were busy creating a life for ourselves and our families, liberals were busy robbing half the nation of thiers. We've reached the tipping point. It's been a slow process and I don't need to point out some of the processes here, you already know, but at some point, we need to take back the country by creating a true and meaningful narrative...and it's gonna take a while.

I think the process will go faster and be more successful if we gather in conservative enclaves the way the statists have done.  It doesn't have to be formal -- it couldn't be, there are LAWS, YOU KNOW -- but the word will get around that "liberals are not really welcome here".  And they don't want to live by us Neanderthals anyway.

Another avenue which could work is thru electing republican governors. Every republican governor, regardless if they are moderate or not, are balancing thier budgets. Plus, the stupid masses are not as swayed to vote. This could work like your idea of conservative enclaves, on a state level. The more I think on it, the less states rights the more power liberals are able to gather.

The idea of moving or gathering like minds on a state level, could give some respite from liberal "logic", create a voting block too large to dismantle. It won't win a Presidency, but I'm betting a solid block of states, doing well, as the takers flock to those liberal bastains offering gay marriage and such garbage, will soon fall. We kinda have it now in the south, but conservatives moving from the northeast, the wisconsin corridor, Pennsylvania, ohio and a few others, we could create a strong allience.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
The idea of moving or gathering like minds on a state level, could give some respite from liberal "logic", create a voting block too large to dismantle. It won't win a Presidency, but I'm betting a solid block of states, doing well, as the takers flock to those liberal bastains offering gay marriage and such garbage, will soon fall. We kinda have it now in the south, but conservatives moving from the northeast, the wisconsin corridor, Pennsylvania, ohio and a few others, we could create a strong allience.

I think moving to a friendly state offers possibilities.  The areas that elected BO will become like Detroit.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »
All interesting reading and I agree it is senseless to attempt to dissect the liberal mind. My thought is we need at least 20 years to change the balance of power, and it won't happen until we control 1/2 of the educational system and 1/2 the media.We simply can't do it politically, it is too corrupt. We need to bypass the political process and teach the people.....But imo, its gonna take a couple of decades. We live in an apathetic nation today. While most of us were busy creating a life for ourselves and our families, liberals were busy robbing half the nation of thiers. We've reached the tipping point. It's been a slow process and I don't need to point out some of the processes here, you already know, but at some point, we need to take back the country by creating a true and meaningful narrative...and it's gonna take a while.

I think the process will go faster and be more successful if we gather in conservative enclaves the way the statists have done.  It doesn't have to be formal -- it couldn't be, there are LAWS, YOU KNOW -- but the word will get around that "liberals are not really welcome here".  And they don't want to live by us Neanderthals anyway.

Another avenue which could work is thru electing republican governors. Every republican governor, regardless if they are moderate or not, are balancing thier budgets. Plus, the stupid masses are not as swayed to vote. This could work like your idea of conservative enclaves, on a state level. The more I think on it, the less states rights the more power liberals are able to gather.

THAT'S what I'm SAYIN'.

Expand from counties to more counties then to the state then to states.  Conservatives need to colonize states in our own country.  We may not be able to do anything about DC at large, but stop them from afflicting us with their totalitarianism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2012, 09:06:46 PM »
Trouble is, economic prosperity goes where we go, which means the vultures and locusts are always close behind.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »

Create legal exclusivity or repellant.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
Trouble is, economic prosperity goes where we go, which means the vultures and locusts are always close behind.

Well, since the welfare-state is what's killing us, we need new rules, by state if necessary.  No more bloc grants from the Feds; eff 'em.  No workee, no eatee.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »
within the community bring back the culture of shame--

lazy ones are criticized and looked down upon

make it clear that productive people who hold dear worthwhile values are esteemed and held up as an example...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:50 PM »

make it clear that productive people who hold dear worthwhile values are esteemed and held up as an example...

I agree.  On the other hand, I hold no ill will for those who sincerely cannot solely care for themselves or their own.  Done properly, caring for these folks helps bring neighbors, family and friends together in some ways.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »

I agree.  On the other hand, I hold no ill will for those who sincerely cannot solely care for themselves or their own.  Done properly, caring for these folks helps bring neighbors, family and friends together in some ways.

I'm with you on that.  And people make mistakes and I'm willing to forgive trangressions that are repented.  But not this in-your-face I can do what I want attitude. Well, they don't want forgiveness anyway because they don't see anything wrong with their behavior.  And it's because they didn't grow up with good examples.

I said to my daughter how many people have miserable little lives today but have no idea that they choices they've made have contributed to those miseries.  She had a friend who decided that having two boyfriends to sleep with was a great idea.  The girl thought it was like Twilight!  Of course, she's convinced herself that she's so mature seeking out health care for her birth control and testing for STD's. Neither men know about the other of course and she spends her life lying to both and others.  She aspires to nothing. 

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »

By planting the seeds of class warfare, obama grew the eviltree that got him re-elected.
Eschew Obfuscation

charlesoakwood

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:20 AM »
What happened with this election? Something went terribly wrong and we need to know what were the failures that caused this tragedy.  They're not sure yet, we don't know but we do know that three million mostly white voters stayed home.  The analysis haven't finished with all the data for a conclusion but there are data points.

The Other McCain

We can then look to Mark Levin, who called for Karl Rove to get off the stage, and linked to this Bloomberg article that openly mocked Rove as “Biggest Super-PAC Loser”. Stacy and others have been saying for years that the Establishment GOP and their consultant pilot fish need to be forcibly retired, and this massive failure on the part of the Establishment calls for not just retirement, but a wholesale application of wooden stakes and decapitations.

Mark Levin · 384,317 like this  13 hours ago ·
"Get off the stage Rove"  following link

Rove Biggest Super-PAC Loser, Trump Says Waste of Money

By Julie Bykowicz and Alison Fitzgerald [Bloomberg]
[Heat for Rove and Rove crawfishing]

The Republican strategist created the model for outside money groups that raised and spent more than $1 billion on the Nov. 6 elections -- many of which saw almost no return for their money.

Rush Limbaugh asks: Why Did 3 Million GOP-ers Stay Home?

So three million Republican voters stayed home on Election Day. Three million predominantly white voters stayed home. ...
They did lose the white vote, but Democrats didn't get it. They just didn't show up, and it wasn't voter suppression that didn't turn 'em out.

What would be the reason that three million voters didn't show up? Let's go through the possibilities. It could be that there are a number... We've talked to 'em. We've had 'em call. We got 'em, in fact, on hold. A number of Republicans are tired of moderate nominees. They've sent the Republican Party money for years and said, "To hell with it. If you're gonna eschew conservatism, I'm not giving you any money, and I'm not voting for you."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2012, 05:10:25 AM »
A number of Republicans are tired of moderate nominees. They've sent the Republican Party money for years and said, "To hell with it. If you're gonna eschew conservatism, I'm not giving you any money, and I'm not voting for you."

As more than a few of us said.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2012, 06:58:13 AM »
Even if people are disgusted with the GOP, it still doesn't compute.

People knew coming into this that re-electing Obama and a Leftist senate would forever ensconce Obamacare.

Every. Single. Credible. Poll. Taken since Obamacare was crammed through has shown it to be moderately-to-vastly unpopular with the American people - except the exit polls on 11/6/12, showing people favoring the health care law - and of course the only poll that counts; the election results.

3,000,000 Republican voters stayed home?

Like Charles mentioned, we had enthusiasm disparities like 200 people for Stevie Wonder and Obama, and 30,000 people for Romney - repeating all across the country for the last 2-3 weeks of the campaign. We had enthusiasm-gap polls showing the GOP enjoying a lead larger than any before. We had party ID polls showing the GOP leading. We had polls showing independent voters breaking for the GOP in double digits.

It doesn't compute.

As Josef Stalin supposedly said, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

God help me overcome thought-loops that lead to no conclusions and no peace. But it does not compute. Which, if true, means that we are in the midst of a hostile totalitarian coup of a scope barely imaginable.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
A number of Republicans are tired of moderate nominees. They've sent the Republican Party money for years and said, "To hell with it. If you're gonna eschew conservatism, I'm not giving you any money, and I'm not voting for you."

As more than a few of us said.

Yes, Im agreed to vote for Romney not because I thought Romney was "the answer", I voted for Romney because a) he was not Obama and b) to give other people breathing time.

Apparently not every conservative considered the former to be enough and didn't care about the latter.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2012, 08:24:20 AM »
Even if people are disgusted with the GOP, it still doesn't compute.

People knew coming into this that re-electing Obama and a Leftist senate would forever ensconce Obamacare.

Every. Single. Credible. Poll. Taken since Obamacare was crammed through has shown it to be moderately-to-vastly unpopular with the American people - except the exit polls on 11/6/12, showing people favoring the health care law - and of course the only poll that counts; the election results.

3,000,000 Republican voters stayed home?

Like Charles mentioned, we had enthusiasm disparities like 200 people for Stevie Wonder and Obama, and 30,000 people for Romney - repeating all across the country for the last 2-3 weeks of the campaign. We had enthusiasm-gap polls showing the GOP enjoying a lead larger than any before. We had party ID polls showing the GOP leading. We had polls showing independent voters breaking for the GOP in double digits.

It doesn't compute.

As Josef Stalin supposedly said, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

God help me overcome thought-loops that lead to no conclusions and no peace. But it does not compute. Which, if true, means that we are in the midst of a hostile totalitarian coup of a scope barely imaginable.

Not doubting the presence of malfeasance on a massive scale, I actually warned of it, but assuming proof positive is found, it changes nothing!  We have ample proof of Obama's lies, Benghazigate alone shows that clearly, but nobody gives a FF!  Come forward with proof an election was stolen and the knives will come out and some holding them may surprise or shock some people.  The only person able to contest the election results capitulated, the deed is done...and so are we.

The GOP is done too, they are just too stupid to know it.  They will not learn the right lessons, again...they will not stop blaming conservatives, again...they will not purge moderates from their midst, again...they will wither on the vine and die out...as they should.

The time of politics is OVER, it is now the time of revolution or enslavement, their is no middle ground, no door number three.

Welcome to the end.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
Were divided as a party and that's at the center of it or people wouldn't elect rinos to congress.They keep us as divided as Bambi does.As long as that happens were dead internally.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie