Author Topic: Lessons from the 2012 election  (Read 14249 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Lessons from the 2012 election
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
Even if people are disgusted with the GOP, it still doesn't compute.

People knew coming into this that re-electing Obama and a Leftist senate would forever ensconce Obamacare.

Every. Single. Credible. Poll. Taken since Obamacare was crammed through has shown it to be moderately-to-vastly unpopular with the American people - except the exit polls on 11/6/12, showing people favoring the health care law - and of course the only poll that counts; the election results.

3,000,000 Republican voters stayed home?

Like Charles mentioned, we had enthusiasm disparities like 200 people for Stevie Wonder and Obama, and 30,000 people for Romney - repeating all across the country for the last 2-3 weeks of the campaign. We had enthusiasm-gap polls showing the GOP enjoying a lead larger than any before. We had party ID polls showing the GOP leading. We had polls showing independent voters breaking for the GOP in double digits.

It doesn't compute.

As Josef Stalin supposedly said, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

God help me overcome thought-loops that lead to no conclusions and no peace. But it does not compute. Which, if true, means that we are in the midst of a hostile totalitarian coup of a scope barely imaginable.

No, it doesn't compute.  Not this time.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
I agree.  On the other hand, I hold no ill will for those who sincerely cannot solely care for themselves or their own.  Done properly, caring for these folks helps bring neighbors, family and friends together in some ways.

Nope. If you need help and you ask, then I will consider it. If you need help and chose to hold a gun to my head to get it, you can sleep with the fishes. I hold ill will for ANYONE who is willing or desperate enough to accept dirty money, taken by force.  They deserve whatever ails them and more. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »

A catalyst.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »
I agree.  On the other hand, I hold no ill will for those who sincerely cannot solely care for themselves or their own.  Done properly, caring for these folks helps bring neighbors, family and friends together in some ways.

Nope. If you need help and you ask, then I will consider it. If you need help and chose to hold a gun to my head to get it, you can sleep with the fishes. I hold ill will for ANYONE who is willing or desperate enough to accept dirty money, taken by force.  They deserve whatever ails them and more. 

I was speaking specifically of those who ask, not demand, nor those who use force.  I should have made myself more clear.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
Even if people are disgusted with the GOP, it still doesn't compute.

People knew coming into this that re-electing Obama and a Leftist senate would forever ensconce Obamacare.

Every. Single. Credible. Poll. Taken since Obamacare was crammed through has shown it to be moderately-to-vastly unpopular with the American people - except the exit polls on 11/6/12, showing people favoring the health care law - and of course the only poll that counts; the election results.

3,000,000 Republican voters stayed home?

Like Charles mentioned, we had enthusiasm disparities like 200 people for Stevie Wonder and Obama, and 30,000 people for Romney - repeating all across the country for the last 2-3 weeks of the campaign. We had enthusiasm-gap polls showing the GOP enjoying a lead larger than any before. We had party ID polls showing the GOP leading. We had polls showing independent voters breaking for the GOP in double digits.

It doesn't compute.

As Josef Stalin supposedly said, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

God help me overcome thought-loops that lead to no conclusions and no peace. But it does not compute. Which, if true, means that we are in the midst of a hostile totalitarian coup of a scope barely imaginable.

No, it doesn't compute.  Not this time.

I agree; it does not compute.

I wrote on another thread that I am beginning to believe those 3 mil votes were cast and *disappeared*.  There were voting machinge "irregularities" all over the place, and that's just the start of the problem. 

There is no "chain of custody" for ballots -- how can there be if they are in a machine -- as in the old days.  There is no supervised counting at our polling places, ballots then locked up, and then transported by some of these same folks for delivery to a central collection location.

For a lot of these machines, there is no paper ballot backup at all.

I believe we've been snookered.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
If we've been had it's only because we allow ourselves to be had. Why aren't people demanding accountability?  And I mean way before 2012. The process of choosing one's representatives is at the very core of our supposed system of government, it's what puts the democratic in "democratic process".

We should not tolerate the existence of voting machines that have no physical registration for each vote cast on it. We are trusting that a bunch of 1s and 0s in computer memory are faithful recordings of a voter's choices. Yeah, right.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »
And I mean way before 2012.

yep.  the train left the station along time ago
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »
At the risk of taking heat...

Perhaps we are merely witnessing the logical culmination of the 19th, 24th and 26th amendments...giving the vote to women and the young and removing the poll tax made it so anyone (and I mean ANYONE) can vote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/267101-gallup-2012-election-had-the-largest-gender-gap-in-history

Not saying it takes all the blame, but in an age when the number of lazy and stupid people is at all time highs...

Jus' sayin'...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

Perhaps we are merely witnessing the logical culmination of the 19th, 24th and 26th amendments...giving the vote to women and the young and removing the poll tax made it so anyone (and I mean ANYONE) can vote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/267101-gallup-2012-election-had-the-largest-gender-gap-in-history

Not saying it takes all the blame, but in an age when the number of lazy and stupid people is at all time highs...

Jus' sayin'...

No heat coming at you from this quarter; I agree.  Women who vote often negate the votes of their husbands and vice versa; plus, it's another incentive to not form families and stay single.

As far as the lazy and stupid, is it not infuriating that an unmarried/divorced mother of two living off the dole get to vote?!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »

Jus' sayin'...

No heat coming at you from this quarter; I agree.  Women who vote often negate the votes of their husbands and vice versa; plus, it's another incentive to not form families and stay single.

As far as the lazy and stupid, is it not infuriating that an unmarried/divorced mother of two living off the dole get to vote?!

The Founders saw property owners as being the only essential electorate that mattered the most, they knew that people without any skin-in-the-game would merely cause mischief and lo and behold, once again their timeless wisdom is proven right.  These fools and Free-sh*tters that put Stymie back in power have turned their back on God and the Founders, why should we associate with them in the least anymore?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »
I see no reason why we should, or must.  They don't want us anyway, for anything more than a pocket to pick.

The single/divorced woman is not really mateless; she's wed to the State, she's "Julia".

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »
Almost everything that once assured a merit-based society has been dismantled because of "racism". Even when explicitly race-based restrictions are removed, it is obvious that blacks are still disproportionately less likely to meet the other standards of merit. The dogma for the past 60 years has been that any measurement or qualification that results in blacks failing in disproportionate numbers is a prima facie evidence of racism, and therefore it's the standard itself that must be thrown out.

This simply is not going to change. That much is obvious by now. The only thing that can happen is for the inevitable failure brought on by lowering ourselves to the standards of Third World banana republics. And when that happens, the challenge will be preventing it from transpiring in a Rhodesia-to-Zimbabwe fashion.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
Just makes Alaska that much more attractive to me, know what I'm sayin'?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2012, 02:30:47 PM »
My concern with Alaska is its proximity to Russia. Maybe the fact that it also has proximity to Canada would dissuade the Russians from aggression. Canada, whether it wants to be or not, is now the alpha of North America.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »

Alaska isn't the answer trust me. Months of dark months of light, bitter cold everything wears out faster than hell. You have to be special to live there.Nothing is easy to get nothing survies the cold.

A noirthern climate is OK but that's way cold.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
Idaho?  Lewiston looks nice.   ::whatgives::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
More election blowback.

Applebee's & Papa Johns trashed in social media for threatening to cutback staff due to ObamaCare -

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/09/applebees-targeted-after-franchisee-mulls-hiring-freeze-in-response-to-obamacare/

Apparently asshats think true liberty is found in social media, not the Constitution.  We are so porked.  This society needs a thorough scrubbing...

Meanwhile, West continues to fight the count -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/11/florida-officials-order-partial-recount-in-tight-congressional-race-between-rep/

I guess Allen is in a hury to go back to DC and have knives placed into his back by the likes of Boehner & Crew...I think I'd say screw it and take care of my family and let DC go to hell...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »

Alaska isn't the answer trust me. Months of dark months of light, bitter cold everything wears out faster than hell. You have to be special to live there.Nothing is easy to get nothing survies the cold.

A noirthern climate is OK but that's way cold.

The male to female ratio in Alaska is 20:1 - a woman went there looking for a husband figuring her odds were good, but when she got there she found out the goods were odd.

I couldn't take it myself. I have a fried looking seriously at Montana and South Dakota.  Unfortunately his job is here in Colorado.  I have no idea how you could prep and keep a farm that far away.  You either just quit and move, or don't do it.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »
I'm not sure anyone could " prep" enough to survive in Alaska, especially if attempting to get away from population areas.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.