Author Topic: Michael Walsh: We need to REPLACE the MSM  (Read 1945 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Michael Walsh: We need to REPLACE the MSM
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:56:10 AM »
Billions - BILLIONS - were thrown down the rathole in superpac donations. Those billions could and should have been used to establish alternative media.

It Don’t Mean a Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing

[blockquote]The big GOP money should henceforth divert at least a tiny fraction of the dough it poured into Karl Rove’s useless American Crossroads super PAC and its ilk and establish its own, alternative media (not Fox News) that functions both as a sword and shield against the decaying, corrupt journalistic establishment. After all, the Republicans lost with the super PACS, and they can just as easily lose without them, and at a fraction of the cost. But they can’t win without a media operation that can neutralize the 15 to 20 points that MSM advocacy regularly contributes to the Democrats. The only way to beat the media is to replace the media — and if you don’t think the media won this election for Obama, you’re delusional.[/blockquote]

The technocratic strategy of “the architect” that won two elections for Bush has reached its dead end in the 2012 swing-state wipeout. For what Tuesday proved is that such thinking may work on the tactical level, but is useless at the strategic level. In other words, if you change hearts and minds in the country as a whole, the swing states will follow. The Left has understood that for years, and this election proved it.

The Right . . . let’s take a look at how one-legged Albanians voted in Volusia County in 1984.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:00:53 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Michael Walsh: We need to REPLACE the MSM
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Yeah, the AINOs are gonna change their spots and wise up on all counts!

::laughonfloor::

Ain't gonna happen.  If it hasn't happened by now, it ain't gonna happen.  Besides, we're out of time, when the car is going over the cliff about all you can do is stick your hand out and hope to find a branch and crawl back up...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »
PACs are a game to these people and a source of power--they're not interested in creating a new media complex--they don't care to change hearts and minds--they just want to win elections and keep people as sheep
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
Yup, I railed about this back in the early 90's to a bunch of Club for Growth clowns, went over about as well as a fart in a board meeting...they'll never ever "get it".

Whigs, that's all they are!

::asskicking::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »
I've always wondered why the Right continues to allow the Left unchallenged control of the culture. I mean, we could have setup media networks decades ago. There has never been a lack of money for such a venture.

Furthermore, as Ann Barnhardt has stated on several occasions, the MSM headlock could be broken by nothing more complicated than canceling your cable or satellite service. If everyone who is sick of their domination simply opted out, stopped financing their enemies, they could be driven to bankruptcy.  But people won't even do that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
I've always wondered why the Right continues to allow the Left unchallenged control of the culture. I mean, we could have setup media networks decades ago. There has never been a lack of money for such a venture.

Furthermore, as Ann Barnhardt has stated on several occasions, the MSM headlock could be broken by nothing more complicated than canceling your cable or satellite service. If everyone who is sick of their domination simply opted out, stopped financing their enemies, they could be driven to bankruptcy.  But people won't even do that.

I'll be doing that, I am not paying for that crap anymore, TV blows anyway.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »

If some entrepreneurial broadband company would offer pick-and-choose cafeteria/a-la-carte style programming, I'll bet millions of conservatives would jump on it. Instead of charging for networks, someone should figure out a way to charge for programs. You shouldn't have to pay the cable company to pay HBO for Bill Maher if what you want to watch is Game of Thrones. That's antiquated, and has led to monolithic ideology in entertainment.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »

MTV started out playing videos of popular entertainers instead of selling prostitutes as entertainers.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 02:27:36 PM »

MTV started out playing videos of popular entertainers instead of selling prostitutes as entertainers.

who complained?

no one ever thinks their favorite entertainment contributes to the corrupting of the culture

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »

"who complained?"

Tipper Gore

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 09:37:48 AM »

I haven't had cable or satellite for decades. However, that leaves me with news from CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, and little on Fox (Sunday mornings).  I do enjoy my DSL, though. ::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
If some entrepreneurial broadband company would offer pick-and-choose cafeteria/a-la-carte style programming, I'll bet millions of conservatives would jump on it. Instead of charging for networks, someone should figure out a way to charge for programs. You shouldn't have to pay the cable company to pay HBO for Bill Maher if what you want to watch is Game of Thrones. That's antiquated, and has led to monolithic ideology in entertainment.

There's a pick-and-choose system called BitTorrent :)

Or, more legitimately, you can now watch a lot of current shows through streaming services like Hulu. That way you're just paying for the actual show you want to watch.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
If Hulu has Walking Dead maybe I'll give that a shot.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »

Watch it right from the source: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »

Watch it right from the source: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Awesome, goodbye Cable TV!    ::whoohoo::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »
It's called the Roku and any other device that now connects to the internet. 

Beck has taken the lead (although $10 per month is too much for a channel that only costs $5 on Dish.)  There's room for more.  A couple of Koreans started a channel that does nothing but license Korean programming and now it's one of the most popular channels (other than the standard fare of Hulu/Amazon/Netflix.)  Some anime fans have created their own popular channel.  What's to stop Christians from starting a channel that's all things Kirk Cameron.  Ok, kind of kidding  ;)  But why not?  All family friendly fare.

But seriously, the internet frees people from having to have the massive infrastructure needed to create their own networks.  High quality TV viewing is achieved with internet speeds over 5mbs.  Most of us are beyond that, now.