Author Topic: Petraeus resigns over affair  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Petraeus resigns over affair
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
 ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 07:44:36 AM »
The sex is selling, the only criminal question raised is concerning Petraeus, I am not seeing anything else reported.

Give it a little time.
I am already hearing reports about the secret prison.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »
I use an "F" for good reason.   The "M" doesn't mean "Mainstream" in my vernacular.   ;)

Oh. I get it. LOL.

Or, his wife is a chubby little troll, and Paula Broadwell is a hottie (relatively). She was intoxicated by proximity to power and influence, he was intoxicated by the prospect of sex with a slender, pretty, younger woman, and they both succumbed.

I would love to think that David Petraeus is a noble patriot who would allow himself to be personally destroyed to save the country he loves from the evil Obama. But the reality is probably much simpler. It's not a new theme.

Now, if this coming out frees him to tell the truth about some things that he otherwise might not have as a compromised man, all the better. But I can't imagine that this is a plan. The dude just got laid by a chick hotter than his wife.

You may be right. But its just hard to imagine him of all people allowing himself to go out like that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »
The sex is selling, the only criminal question raised is concerning Petraeus, I am not seeing anything else reported.

Give it a little time.
I am already hearing reports about the secret prison.

Yes, and the CIA denied there were any "dissident" prisoners there.  So far there isn't much media appetite, but we'll give it a little more time, if for no other reason than morbid curiosity...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
Well, the title of his biography was "All In"

Unwritten sub-title "That's what she said!".

::rimshot::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
Hell, they were probably using the place as a holding cell for Libyan pro-American traitors on behalf of our new Islamic Jihadi allies. Nothing they could tell me would shock me at this point.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
No offense CC, but I'm gonna go ahead and merge this into the already prolific thread on the Petraeus affair....

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »

They were more than likely "housing" collected weaponry
intended to be sent to the Rebels for Peace in Syria.

The devil is in every detail of this menage a quatre so attractive that an FBI man lost his shirt.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »
I heard a talking head on TV report it like this, without the slightest sense of double entendre:

"She was embedded with his unit in Afghanistan"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
Gen.Allen now sucked into this...uhh..ok maybe wrong word...

Rush - "Too many Generals are taking orders from their Privates"!

::hysterical::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
Confirmed: ABC Denver misnames Petraeus book: “All up in my snatch”

A reader just sent me something that I didn’t believe.  Then he sent me a photo.  Then he sent me a video.  Then I found a comment on ABC Denver’s Web site from another viewer who saw the same thing.  So now I’m printing it. (UPDATE: It’s nw been confirmed by the local station.)

In a piece on the 5pm news about now-resigned CIA director David Petraeus and his affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, ABC News’ Denver affiliate put a photo of the biography on the screen, but the book had an awfully odd name.

The name of the Petraeus biography is, in real life, “All In.”

Here’s the book that ABC Denver showed instead:

And here’s video the reader just took of their TV set, with the newscast saved on DVR:

http://s.ytimg.com/yts/swfbin/watch_as3-vflry7sRc.swf

The extra words only fade in because the camera appears to be adjusting to the white on the screen.

And here are the two comments left on ABC Denver’s Web site below the written story about Petraeus:

Lesson here: Never grab images off of the Internet.  BTW, I tried to find this particular image of the book online, but couldn’t. Which makes me think someone was being cute in the graphics department of the station, and then made a job-killing mistake. (The Weekly Standard confirmed with ABC Denver’s assignment desk that a mistake was made.)

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »
>>>

Check out my conspiracy theory:
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7166.0.html

Can't get there, I get an error.

Thats because it got merged with this thread. Here is what I posted:

I had a wild thought yesterday: What if this whole scandal is all Petraeus' own plan.

Consider this: Petraeus wants to bring down Obama and tell what happened, but he is a loyal soldier and won't break the law.

So, he decides to sacrifice himself by allowing people to think he had an affair. This way, he has a reason to be able to immediately resign, and his accomplice - the woman - can leak the secrets that he cannot leak about the secret prison Obama runs in Libya.

And here is the beautiful twist: Because its a sex scandal, the media will go into a reporting frenzy, and the facts about Obama will also all come out in the midst of the media frenzy.

Its the perfect plan, but it requires Petraeus to fall on his sword and destroy himself to make it work. But he does it for God and country.

I should have been a CIA agent.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »
>>>

Check out my conspiracy theory:
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7166.0.html

Can't get there, I get an error.

Thats because it got merged with this thread. Here is what I posted:

I had a wild thought yesterday: What if this whole scandal is all Petraeus' own plan.

Consider this: Petraeus wants to bring down Obama and tell what happened, but he is a loyal soldier and won't break the law.

So, he decides to sacrifice himself by allowing people to think he had an affair. This way, he has a reason to be able to immediately resign, and his accomplice - the woman - can leak the secrets that he cannot leak about the secret prison Obama runs in Libya.

And here is the beautiful twist: Because its a sex scandal, the media will go into a reporting frenzy, and the facts about Obama will also all come out in the midst of the media frenzy.

Its the perfect plan, but it requires Petraeus to fall on his sword and destroy himself to make it work. But he does it for God and country.

I should have been a CIA agent.

The man did something that was absolutely careless for a smart guy. He put himself in a posithin that allows our suddenly awake MSM to go into lets dig into his private life and get TOTUS off the news for a while. He didn't fall on a sword he fell on his pecker.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:00 AM »
Well, I am not ready to throw a man like that under the bus yet.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Confirmed: ABC Denver misnames Petraeus book: “All up in my snatch”

A reader just sent me something that I didn’t believe.  Then he sent me a photo.  Then he sent me a video.  Then I found a comment on ABC Denver’s Web site from another viewer who saw the same thing.  So now I’m printing it. (UPDATE: It’s nw been confirmed by the local station.)

In a piece on the 5pm news about now-resigned CIA director David Petraeus and his affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, ABC News’ Denver affiliate put a photo of the biography on the screen, but the book had an awfully odd name.

The name of the Petraeus biography is, in real life, “All In.”

Here’s the book that ABC Denver showed instead:

And here’s video the reader just took of their TV set, with the newscast saved on DVR:

http://s.ytimg.com/yts/swfbin/watch_as3-vflry7sRc.swf

The extra words only fade in because the camera appears to be adjusting to the white on the screen.

And here are the two comments left on ABC Denver’s Web site below the written story about Petraeus:

Lesson here: Never grab images off of the Internet.  BTW, I tried to find this particular image of the book online, but couldn’t. Which makes me think someone was being cute in the graphics department of the station, and then made a job-killing mistake. (The Weekly Standard confirmed with ABC Denver’s assignment desk that a mistake was made.)

CO, I almost used the " report to the moderator" function for the first time because I had nitmares last nite over the pic of that woman.....or is it a man......or possibly a Shem. That face has sex change written all over it. ::bigpuke::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »
Check for an Adam's apple...some things are harder, umm, to get rid off...   ::speechless::   ::exitstageleft::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
This is good.  CK says the good General was used by Obama.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/11/13/krauthammer-white-house-held-affair-over-petraeuss-head-favorable-tes

This of course can only be confirmed if the General's corpse is discovered in Ft.Marcy Park or a like location...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »
I reckon we'll find out soon enough...

Fall on sword for Nero or throw Nero to the wolves?

I am not optimistic...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/14/petraeus-agrees-to-testify-on-libya-before-congressional-committees/