Author Topic: Petraeus resigns over affair  (Read 6243 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Petraeus resigns over affair
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
I'm not optimistic about his Friday testimony either. Petraeus perpetrated the "YouTube video" lie, right from the start, right along with the rest of them. What are the chances that he was lying only because he was told to? What are the chances that he was lying only because he was given false information? What are the chances that he was being blackmailed with his affair, and that now being out from under it, he will do the right thing and come clean?

The answer isn't going to be so dramatic or gratifying. He's going to testify, and try to further obfuscate the sequence of events and who did/knew what/when. He will attempt to insulate the president.

Petraeus is a legacy of George W. Bush. Bush gave us John Roberts. Auto Bailouts. Stimulus. TARP. Ben Bernanke. All administration-bridging tools which Barack Hussein Obama has systematically used to seize power moving towards dictatorship.

In light of his cross-administration service, what are the odds that Petraeus is one of the good guys? What are the odds that Petraeus is yet another tool?

Yes, I am cynical, and I am slow to criticize those who wear the uniform. But Dammit. Dammit.

I pray I'm 180º wrong.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »
One thing I now know--how to spell Patraeus.

He won't give us anything that answers any questions.  I think his testimony will raise more questions. And this will go on.

Truth does seek the light of day.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 10:08:12 AM »
One thing I now know--how to spell Patraeus....

Petraeus. Thread title has it wrong.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »
One thing I now know--how to spell Patraeus....

Petraeus. Thread title has it wrong.

heh

I even looked it up before I typed the thread title    ::facepalm::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »
All the posts have had the correct spelling applied now.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »
I'm not optimistic about his Friday testimony either. Petraeus perpetrated the "YouTube video" lie, right from the start, right along with the rest of them. What are the chances that he was lying only because he was told to? What are the chances that he was lying only because he was given false information? What are the chances that he was being blackmailed with his affair, and that now being out from under it, he will do the right thing and come clean?

The answer isn't going to be so dramatic or gratifying. He's going to testify, and try to further obfuscate the sequence of events and who did/knew what/when. He will attempt to insulate the president.

Petraeus is a legacy of George W. Bush. Bush gave us John Roberts. Auto Bailouts. Stimulus. TARP. Ben Bernanke. All administration-bridging tools which Barack Hussein Obama has systematically used to seize power moving towards dictatorship.

In light of his cross-administration service, what are the odds that Petraeus is one of the good guys? What are the odds that Petraeus is yet another tool?

Yes, I am cynical, and I am slow to criticize those who wear the uniform. But Dammit. Dammit.

I pray I'm 180º wrong.

For what it's worth, I was listening to Rush for a while, and he agrees with me here, as far as whether Petraeus will contradict his earlier testimony.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »

Peter King has slammed the back door on him too.
Today he said he knew Petraeus was lying the first 
time; therefore, eliminating his ability to correct
himself with facade of credibility.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »
Generals and Geographic Bachelors

General David Petraeus illuminates two grand military issues at just the right moment: officer corps character and flag officer performance. Petraeus could be the poster child for a clueless Gilbert and Sullivan character too -- "The very model of a modern major-general." Major-general was the highest rank to which an officer might aspire to in the last century. Grade inflation has created the contemporary glut of four stars, including Petraeus.

David Petraeus gloried in wearing every token of service on his chest, including presumably the good conduct ribbon. Or maybe not! The good conduct medal only goes to grunts, not officers. Clearly, the good conduct award should hereafter be a badge of misplaced military expectations.

Nonetheless; the US Army, West Point, and officers like Petraeus continue to pay lip service to traditional military values and ethics like "duty, honor, and country." The second imperative seems to have been honored in breach by the former ISAF commander. It's hard to believe, as it was with Bill Clinton, that Paula Broadwell was a "one off."      ...

Read it here

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:08:38 PM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »
Just read that CO, was half asleep during Rush, heard something about "geographic bachelors" and tracked the article down.

I guess we ought to thank Paula.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 01:28:40 PM »

We need that Select Committee, the nation needs it.
House cleaning will begin and it should stop Ø's
progress.  It nailed Nixon to a board.

If I thought it would offer encouragement letters
would go out to the girls, Johnny & Leslie.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »

It is quite a sad state of affairs when our best shot at truth and justice are the evil twins, Mr. "reach across the aisle to my good friends", and Miss Lindsey.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 02:26:31 PM »
Here's the situation though. Incontrovertible proof of dereliction of duty in the Presidency could be presented, the House could even bring up articles of impeachment, but the Senate would not convict. It wouldn't matter what the evidence is. The Senate is controlled by the contemptible Harry Reid and his majority caucus will protect Obama at all costs.  On top of that, we have a media who act as liberalism's praetorian guard rather than objective seekers and reporters of fact.

The result is the situation we now live every day: a broken system waiting to be overruled by reality.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
Here's the situation though. Incontrovertible proof of dereliction of duty in the Presidency could be presented, the House could even bring up articles of impeachment, but the Senate would not convict. It wouldn't matter what the evidence is. The Senate is controlled by the contemptible Harry Reid and his majority caucus will protect Obama at all costs.  On top of that, we have a media who act as liberalism's praetorian guard rather than objective seekers and reporters of fact.

The result is the situation we now live every day: a broken system waiting to be overruled by reality.

True.  About the only good outcome would be to so drag down and bog down this Regime that it is incapable of doing little else but respond to the latest allegations hitting the wires, and from a purely spite-oriented motivation on that score alone I would not impede it.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/15/report-petraeus-pushed-out-for-challenging-administrations-timeline-on-libya/

New reporting by the Wall Street Journal suggests that the Benghazi attack may have played a major role in General Petraeus’ resignation as director of the CIA. This report suggests that Petraeus may have been pushed out of the position because he tried to challenge the Obama administration’s timeline of the attack. According to the report, Petraeus wanted to come out and push harder in defense of the CIA and what it did in Benghazi, but was told not to.

Former U.S. Navy Captain Chuck Nash joined America Live to comment on the report, saying, “There have been so many disclosures that all happened after the election to where it’s almost like a news dump on a Friday evening. It just raises suspicion.”

Nash continued, “In Washington, there really aren’t coincidences. And so when you look at all of these things and go, ‘Well, that’s coincidence, that’s a coincidence,’ these coincidences are falling daily. This is very unusual, so that raises everyone’s suspicion and reduces the trust level so now everybody’s looking at everything.”

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »

It is quite a sad state of affairs when our best shot at truth and justice are the evil twins, Mr. "reach across the aisle to my good friends", and Miss Lindsey.

I just read that after dinner and I think I just threw up in my mouth. God forgive me I hate those two.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/15/report-petraeus-pushed-out-for-challenging-administrations-timeline-on-libya/

New reporting by the Wall Street Journal suggests that the Benghazi attack may have played a major role in General Petraeus’ resignation as director of the CIA. This report suggests that Petraeus may have been pushed out of the position because he tried to challenge the Obama administration’s timeline of the attack. According to the report, Petraeus wanted to come out and push harder in defense of the CIA and what it did in Benghazi, but was told not to.

Former U.S. Navy Captain Chuck Nash joined America Live to comment on the report, saying, “There have been so many disclosures that all happened after the election to where it’s almost like a news dump on a Friday evening. It just raises suspicion.”

Nash continued, “In Washington, there really aren’t coincidences. And so when you look at all of these things and go, ‘Well, that’s coincidence, that’s a coincidence,’ these coincidences are falling daily. This is very unusual, so that raises everyone’s suspicion and reduces the trust level so now everybody’s looking at everything.”

Such common sense is a rare and dying trait...  ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
Paraphrasing - "sh*t, I dunno know who changed the talking points, ask the White House, bro!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/petraeus-to-testify-knew-libya-was-terrorism-from-start-source-says/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »
"An Obama administration official says a Tampa Bay socialite whose emails triggered the eventual downfall of CIA director David Petraeus visited the White House three times this year with her sister, twice eating in the Executive Mansion mess."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/16/woman-in-petraeus-scandal-visited-white-house/#ixzz2CPx5e1Az

Nothing to see here you white racists bastards, move along...

ETA - Raaaacists!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/disgusting-dozen-liberal-house-women-defend-susan-rice-play-race-card/

“It is a shame that anytime something goes wrong, they pick on women and minorities,” Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio

No, we don't pick on women and minorities you stupid jackass, we pick on people who lie out their ass regardless of sex or skin color, got it stupid jackass?

::mooning::

Here's an easy dozen stupid racist jackasses that ought to be dangling from street lamps!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:04:57 PM by Libertas »