Author Topic: Take your blood pressure meds and a few deep breaths  (Read 1661 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Take your blood pressure meds and a few deep breaths
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
Take your blood pressure meds and a few deep breaths and read this:

HOW DO YOU SPELL RELIEF?
Staffers for House Republican leadership are saying their bosses are breathing sighs of relief with word leaking out that Rep. Michele Bachmann is mulling a presidential exploratory committee.

"[John Boehner and Eric Cantor] were nervous about what she might be up to, and as long as it isn't about making their lives miserable, they're more than happy to encourage her outside activities," says a senior aide to the Republican Conference Committee, who has ties to both the Speaker's office and the majority leader.

Bachmann has privately told supporters and outside consultants who work for her that her focus is on generating enough support so that she can influence any number of House races in the 2012 cycle and get true conservatives elected.  "She's using the DeMint model," says an adviser.

But an exploratory committee might cut into ambitious plans she has for her leadership PAC, as well as her re-election fund. "I wouldn't sell her short," says the adviser. "We're talking about a woman who raised more money than anyone else in the House last cycle. We will raise what we need to ensure she is in a strong position to accomplish whatever goals she has."

According to House leadership sources, there was real concern that Bachmann planned to lead a "back bench" revolt against GOP leadership in the late spring and summer as budget and appropriations issues continued to fester.

"The way things are playing out, we aren't going to be able to accomplish more than the most basic kinds of cuts or reform; nothing nearly as aggressive as what we talked about on the campaign trail," says a Cantor aide, who on Thursday was attending Cantor's two-day fundraising event for Washington lobbyists and donors. "We know we're going to lose some of the Tea Party types, and we were looking at a Bachmann back bench of about 50 members who really would have made our work more difficult. If she's out in Iowa and elsewhere fundraising and speaking and building her base, those are days she won't be able to focus on us, and that's a good thing."

_

We'll be focusing on you, you sons of bitches. Damn you to hell.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Take your blood pressure meds and a few deep breaths
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:06:41 AM »
Blaming Democrats will no longer work. You take responsibility for your own actions, Boehner. If the Democrats don't come along, fine. But you aren't trying your damndest to force their hand.

Tea Party Movement Growing Weary of GOP Budget Plan

"This is the one message the Tea Party needs to be out there pushing," [Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips] said. "If you don't live up to your promise, we're going to throw you out."

Boehner's camp acknowledged the frustration among Tea Party supporters, but didn't accept responsibility for it.

"The speaker – and every Republican in the House – is frustrated by the pace of the debate, but the blame lies squarely with the Democrats who run Washington, D.C.," Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said in an e-mail to FoxNews.com.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
I see the ruling elites STILL don't get it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:28:51 AM »
Cantor's two-day fundraising event for Washington lobbyists and donors.

Tell ya what, boy.  She won't win any Presidency, but shw WILL come back with more name recognition and more power.  What will you do then, when she squashes your little gucci wearing ass?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
"The speaker – and every Republican in the House – is frustrated by the pace of the debate, but the blame lies squarely with the Democrats who run Washington, D.C.," Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said in an e-mail to FoxNews.com.

We know we're going to lose some of the Tea Party types, and we were looking at a Bachmann back bench of about 50 members who really would have made our work more difficult. If she's out in Iowa and elsewhere fundraising and speaking and building her base, those are days she won't be able to focus on us, and that's a good thing."

WHAT?!!!  "Boehner spokesman Michael Steel"

We need no more information, any doubt about Carrot Face and Whip Lavender Gucci is removed.  If Mrs. Bachmann has other aspirations than disrupting the Ruling Class machine I pray she reconsiders.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
...WHAT?!!!  "Boehner spokesman Michael Steel"...

It's a different guy.
Boehner spokesman Michael Steel.
Former RNC Chair Michael Steele.
 ::exitstageleft::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »
Yeah, Ruling Class leadership and not acting or accepting responsibility go hand in hand!

Sonsofbitches are really lightin' my powder!

::cussing::

And have no fear Charles, I think she can raise hell on the primary trail and in the House at the same time.  In the digital age all she as to do is pick up a Blackberry.  Might be a good idea for her to get a caucus vice-chair assigned, if one hasn't been already.  A multi-faceted attack on these bastards is what is desperately needed!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
It occurs to me to take note of the fact that much of the very worst we've heard over the past few weeks regarding the GOP's betrayals on budget-cutting have been sourced to "unnamed Cantor/Boehner aides".

I wonder if we should be accepting the veracity of these violations of trust at face value. Not saying we shouldn't, but just wondering if we should.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
If they don't want us taking them at face value, then Carrot Face and Lavender Whip can unambiguously refute them. They haven't, and won't.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:04 PM »
It occurs to me to take note of the fact that much of the very worst we've heard over the past few weeks regarding the GOP's betrayals on budget-cutting have been sourced to "unnamed Cantor/Boehner aides".

I wonder if we should be accepting the veracity of these violations of trust at face value. Not saying we shouldn't, but just wondering if we should.

Nothing wrong with taking what's said with a grain of salt, BUT ....

.... Cantor/Boehner haven't contradicted any of it with their actions, have they?

I don't want them breathing relief - I want them too scared to breathe much and they're not.  I was worried after the November whupass this was what we were going to end up with - a 1994 rerun - and I'm not gratified to find I was right.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
Yes, good point, but I agree, unless they vigorously refute the allegations in deed not just word,...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
Yeah, you guys are right - if Beohner/Cantor didn't want this info out, they'd refute it. So we need to refudiate them.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »
Yeah, you guys are right - if Beohner/Cantor didn't want this info out, they'd refute it. So we need to refudiate them.

Which wouldn't amount to a hill of beans for me.  I don't care what they say, I'm watching what they're not doing.

So, yes, I hereby officialy refudiate, repudiate and reject them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »
Take this one around the block:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11059688/2/gold-rallies-as-investors-buy-protection.html
Standard & Poor's downgraded the country's long-term credit rating to BBB from A- after the country's austerity plan was rejected.

Austerity plan? Oh, I guess they are referring to Mrs. Bachmann's idea to kill ObamaCare and cut the spending by a significant amount instead of pocket change.

ETA:
James Moore, research analyst at FastMarkets, says the backdrop for gold and silver "suggests further gains in the coming sessions with gold to erode resistance around $1,450 and silver to extend towards $40-41 as the metal continues to be seen as a cheaper."

They are saying that gold is cheap or "cheaper" than it will be.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:18:17 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
"If she's out in Iowa and elsewhere fundraising and speaking and building her base, those are days she won't be able to focus on us, and that's a good thing."

Yeah, so if the little woman's out keeping busy she can't mess up the kingdom.

Right.   ::hysterical::

They underestimate any tea party woman at their peril.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »
Take this one around the block:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11059688/2/gold-rallies-as-investors-buy-protection.html
Standard & Poor's downgraded the country's long-term credit rating to BBB from A- after the country's austerity plan was rejected.

Austerity plan? Oh, I guess they are referring to Mrs. Bachmann's idea to kill ObamaCare and cut the spending by a significant amount instead of pocket change.

ETA:
James Moore, research analyst at FastMarkets, says the backdrop for gold and silver "suggests further gains in the coming sessions with gold to erode resistance around $1,450 and silver to extend towards $40-41 as the metal continues to be seen as a cheaper."

They are saying that gold is cheap or "cheaper" than it will be.

I think silver does have more of an upside right now, as it still looks undervalued to me.  Gold needs a bigger push to move it, and countries going belly up in succession will likely provide the impetus!