Author Topic: 'Next Bush' makes campaign filing in Texas  (Read 767 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
'Next Bush' makes campaign filing in Texas
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »
" DALLAS (AP) - George P. Bush, a nephew of former President George W. Bush and son of one-time Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, has made a campaign filing in Texas that is required of candidates planning to run for state office, an official said Thursday night.

The younger Bush, a Fort Worth resident, filed a campaign treasurer appointment Wednesday, a requirement for someone to become a candidate under campaign finance law, Tim Sorrells, general counsel for the Texas Ethics Commission, told The Associated Press.

Sorrells said the report does not specify what office Bush might seek, if any, and he had no other details on the filing, which wasn't available online. Bush did not immediately reply to an email seeking comment, and no phone listing for him could be found.

The 36-year-old said in September his goal was to run for office and acknowledged that he had his eyes on several statewide offices.

Raised in Florida, Bush decided to settle in Texas, home to his uncle and his grandfather, former President George H.W. Bush. He runs a consulting firm and has been active in Republican Party outreach to college students. He's also the co-founder of Hispanic Republicans of Texas, a group that seeks to elect Hispanic candidates."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121109/DA2E8UH83.html

H/T Drudge

I'm holding my head so it doesn't explode.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: 'Next Bush' makes campaign filing in Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »

I'm holding my head so it doesn't explode.

I heard this earlier but I didn't post so you could have the honor

;D

But I didn't want you to hurt yourself.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
You're cute, LV; anybody ever tell ya that?   ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
This whole political dynasty crap, whether it's Kennedy or Bush, is just....unseemly.  This line right here is an automatic disqualification:

"The 36-year-old said in September his goal was to run for office and acknowledged that he had his eyes on several statewide offices."

In other words, the details of any particular office are unimportant, he just wants an office, period.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
This whole political dynasty crap, whether it's Kennedy or Bush, is just....unseemly.  This line right here is an automatic disqualification:

"The 36-year-old said in September his goal was to run for office and acknowledged that he had his eyes on several statewide offices."

In other words, the details of any particular office are unimportant, he just wants an office, period.

Yep.  Any office will do; they're all stepping stones to the ultimate goal:  the Presidency.

Looks like this little jerk is on a track to be "the FIRST "HISPANIC" PRESIDENT", because despite the fact that his father, Jebbie, is White, "hispanic" from his mother's side is the chip worth playing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
 ::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.